Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fresno StateMore
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceNo OfferNeutral Experience
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA).
I applied online and was contacted by a department member for a face to face interview. It was a panel interview and then I met with two other people in charge of the department. The questions were pretty standard, asked about why you want the job. Then my references were contacted. But I didn't get an offer even though I pass the interviews and my background check, my qualifications match their requirements. It was a waste of time to go through it when the position doesn't seem to be available.
- Usual questions, tell me something about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you stay organized? Scenario questions. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in March 2010.
- Applied through the website.
- Person that oversees me called me in for an interview
- Went to interview. Was asked for references.
- Was called and offered the position about a week later.
It was quick. I don't think my references were ever called upon
- None- all basic Answer Question
I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in February 2009.
Submit job application, brief interview by Chair of department and another professor regarding areas of interest and basic competency, took a few months to receive job offer as opportunity to teach depends critically on department funding and approval by the next level (deans) and state budget. Contract is contingent on enrollment and hence never final until after third class meeting as it can be voided due to insufficient enrollment.
- None as work of an instructor of beginning college level classes is considered easy, which most people with advanced degrees in a particular specialization should have little problem. However, teaching philosophy and how a course is approach and organized are critical areas to be prepared ahead of time with thoughtful answers. Often that may be the determining factor in whether one gets a part-time position. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review