Fresno Unified School District

Fresno Unified School District Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

Substitute Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fresno Unified School District.

The application process was horrible. There is only one application for every job within the district. Most of the sections on the application did not apply to a substitute teacher position. Overall the hiring process took a month, which is a long time for this type of job position. The interview process was fine, but the planning was highly inconvenient.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question: what was the most difficult situation you've had to overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Transition Into Teaching Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fresno Unified School District in February 2012.

I initially communicated via phone and got hold of the person in charge of interviewing. We discussed in detail the purpose of the program that I would be entering into. The program is designed for professional to transition into becoming a high school teacher. When I had the interview, the woman who had communicated with from the beginning, the person in charge, was very nice and welcoming. My perception of the work culture there was that it was an easy going type. The advice I would give to approaching an interview with them is that you should have a relaxed demeanor and not get too caught up with the questions they ask.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fresno Unified School District in September 2009.

Was interviewed by a panel of 3 managers. They asked some questions taken from Microsoft interviews, like "How would you test a salt shaker?" and "How many times do the hands on a clock land on the same number at the same time in a 24 hour period?" It was relatively low stress but I couldn't believe I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you test a salt shaker?   Answer Question
    • How many times do the hands on the clock rest on the same place at the same time in a 24 hour period?   Answer Question

Instructional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fresno Unified School District in April 2009.

Applied for the job, if you pass screening test you will get a call about a month later for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what is your experience dealing with students?   View Answer
    Yes, do not take there offer.

Manager Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fresno Unified School District in February 2009.

Positive hiring and interview process. I was brought in as a contractor while the position was being posted. I applied for the position while a contractor. The application process is an online process. The HR department was very positive and kept me in the loop at all stages of the process.

Interview Questions
    • I was required to write a one page essay describing how I would address a particular problem.   Answer Question
    Quasi-governmental agencies don't have much room to negotiate. I was paid appropriately for my level of experience.

AVID Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fresno Unified School District in January 2009.

Hiring was not hard, went to the school that had the AVID program talked to the Program supervisor and set up an interview only if they are hiring of course