Fried Frank Harris

Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fried Frank Harris

Communications Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fried Frank Harris in November 2014.

Applied on their website and received a call from the HR Manager about a week later. While I'd like to work at Fried Frank, the phone interview with the HR Manager was unpleasant, and rather condescending. She mainly asked about my career goals, and never once told me anything about Fried Frank and what the position entails. I was more baffled when she asked me what freelancing was—twice. I don't plan to hear from her again as I got the impression that the interest deteriorated after hearing her heavy sighs on the phone while I was speaking.

Associate Interview

It is a standard interview process like any other OCI. They most likely look at quantifiable credentials and rank people in order and as long as you are normal during the interview the interview is not hard, but I have not idea what their metrics are for selecting people from each school, etc.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fried Frank Harris.

Met with two partners and two associates. We had incredibly friendly and pleasant conversations about my resume. Also I also had plenty of time to ask questions. They changed the interview schedule around a bit because one interviewer was stuck in a meeting. The recruiting department is simply amazing! They do their best to accomodate your needs. Nice art in the office.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fried Frank Harris in July 2009.

The interview was with Human resources. It went on well. Then I had an interview with the paralegal manager and one attorney and other paralegals.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your most difficult experience of dealing with a person at work.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fried Frank Harris in September 2008.

On the day of your interview your initial interview you will meet with 3-5 people and likely be taken out to lunch. You will have a list of their names in advance, although be prepared for a change on the day of the interview. Be prepared to answer questions about what you are passionate about and an example of a case or project you have worked on that was important to you. Otherwise, come across as a liberal and a nice wholesome person.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time in your life where you struggled to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Will be interviewed with multiple associates and partners.

There is no negotiation.