Friendly's Ice Cream

Getting the Interview

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fountain Worker Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in June 2010.

Interview Details – A former manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – None really just have simple skills that every job has   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – Fast process, very personable, learned a lot about where Friendly's is and what the possibilities are for the future

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – I can't comment because I worked my way up. But I got the job because the District Manager hated the General Manager I was working for and we collaborated to get rid of them. What does that tell you?

Interview Question – I can't answer this because I was promoted from within. My boss's boss hated my boss, as did I. And together we conspired to get rid of them...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy to get the raise because I was also getting rid of a manager I didn't like.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy, as I had already had experience in food services. I dressed semi formally, and arrived 15 minutes earlier than they expected. I was very engaged in the interview and it became more of a formality than an actual interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Lead Cook Interview

Lead Cook

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple. It's a very family friendly place so as long as your a nice, and overall good person, you should get the job. If you can go in with a positive attitude, answer some simple questions, and at least pretend to have some decent morals, you should kill this interview. If you have cooking experience, you're golden.

Interview Question – ??? cant remember any difficult questions. More like "what are your plans for school?" "Do you still live at home" haha   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ask for 11 and certainly dont take less than $10. I worked in MA where the minimum is $7.25

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher

I applied online and interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – I applied , was called a week later to come on a week from that, went in asked questions like explain a time u didn't finish extra work assighned and how you handled it and explain a time you didn't get along with another employee and how you handled it I just said idk a lot and didn't give answeres besides I said its never happened she said that's good that's good and said she talked to the manager to see if I could get the job as a dishwasher food prep,, went home and already had a missed call from them saying to come in in a couple days interview was quick easy

Interview Question – all of them   View Answer

Server Interview

Server
Oswego, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via their website after seeing an ad on Craigslist. I filled it out on a Sunday night, and received a call Monday afternoon to set up an interview for Tuesday afternoon.

I went in, had to wait for the general manager to be done doing something else. After asking me a half dozen times how I was, we began the interview. Very basic questions, about your background and education. I told him that I loved being a server and felt that it was the right job for me. I also told him that I am an unemployed free lance makeup artist (which may be the reason I had no offer) He basically told me "You can say you're a good server, but I can't tell that from having an interview". Ok then.

After all of this, he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked one question, "How many hours are you hiring for?" He the proceeded to go off on a 10 minute tangent about chicken sandwiches, winter time, college students, how they train servers and how many servers they have at that location.

He never made eye contact with me, checked the time on several occasions and doodled on my application while I was trying to speak to him. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Question – Basic questions.   Answer Question

Fountain Worker Interview

Fountain Worker
Langhorne, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – I was out to dinner with my family and ran into a friend who happened to be a server. I asked her what it was like to work there and she told me that it was a good way to make a few extra bucks. I told her that I was interested and within ten minutes the general manager came over and introduced himself to me. I set up an interview for the following week.

Interview Question – To be honest with you, there really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions...   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Cortland, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in February 2012.

Interview Details – Walked in and filled out app. Had an interview 3 days later. Manager seemed ok. Restaurnt wasn't very busy. It was on a Tuesday afternoon. I asked a few questions about hours, benefits and pay. They said they'd be in touch after checking my references.

Interview Question – What can you do to make this place run more efficiently.   Answer Question

Fountain Interview

Fountain

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – Was greeted right away by staff, Manager was prompt to sit with me, interview was low pressure and casual, I felt comfortable being myself and not being overly professional

Interview Question – Why did I want to work there, I answered with my honest answer   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Friendly's Ice Cream

Worked for Friendly's Ice Cream? Contribute to the Community!

Friendly's Ice Cream Videos

Friendly's Ice Cream – Why Work for Us?

In 1935, the Blake Brothers founded their first ice cream shoppe in Springfield, Massachusetts and named it “Friendly.” And they wanted it to be exactly that. It was all about the friendly service and the handcrafted… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Friendly's Ice Cream interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Friendly's Ice Cream employees and interview candidates.