Friendly's Ice Cream

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Keene, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – Applied on line. received email scheduling phone interview with HR, which went well...scheduled interview with area director had to travel 100 miles round trip, interview went well. Did background check. Scheduled interview with RVP 200 mile round trip...interview was canceled day before..phone interview scheduled with RVP..he never called or canceled. it was 4th July weekend so couldn't get hold of HR until following week. Then was told that some reorganization had happened and position was not open anymore and RVP was reassigned. scheduled interview with new RVP in local store so no traveling this time...day before canceled again, unless I was willing to drive to Mass. next morning (250 miles round trip) then she could see me. Company seems unorganized and has no regards for prospective employees time or money involved in the hiring process. It makes me wonder how they actually treat there employees once they are hired. Maybe this has been a blessing in disguise. I have decided to move on and have interviews scheduled with several of their competitors.

Interview Question – Question where not difficult and the interviews they did manage to keep were professional.   Answer Question

Fountain Worker Interview

Fountain Worker
Stoneham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in June 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fairly simple. Applied online and completed a competency exam. A call was made and a preliminary interview was setup. Went in, sat down for 20 minutes with the GM who asked me questions about myself while explaining the model of the restaurant. She was very informative and polite.

Interview Question – I was asked where I saw myself within the company in 2 years. I did not have much of an idea of this, so I did not have an answer. The GM was very understanding of this and did not make me feel awkward or stupid for not being able to answer the question. I assume the question is asked to see how the applicant deals with pressure.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Bel Air, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – Walked in, asked if they were hiring, took application home and filled it out, returned on a Tues night at 9pm with application, general manager was there and interviewed me, hired on the spot -- advice: ask when GM will be in and speak with him/her... Otherwise your application will never be viewed by anyone

Interview Question – I don't remember the GM asking any unexpected questions, or even any difficult questions. Basically just the routine, Have you been fired from a previous job? Do you have experience? Are you a criminal? sort of questions.   Answer Question

Fountain Worker Interview

Fountain Worker

I applied in-person - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in June 2010.

Interview Details – A former manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – None really just have simple skills that every job has   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – Fast process, very personable, learned a lot about where Friendly's is and what the possibilities are for the future

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – I can't comment because I worked my way up. But I got the job because the District Manager hated the General Manager I was working for and we collaborated to get rid of them. What does that tell you?

Interview Question – I can't answer this because I was promoted from within. My boss's boss hated my boss, as did I. And together we conspired to get rid of them...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy to get the raise because I was also getting rid of a manager I didn't like.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy, as I had already had experience in food services. I dressed semi formally, and arrived 15 minutes earlier than they expected. I was very engaged in the interview and it became more of a formality than an actual interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Lead Cook Interview

Lead Cook

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple. It's a very family friendly place so as long as your a nice, and overall good person, you should get the job. If you can go in with a positive attitude, answer some simple questions, and at least pretend to have some decent morals, you should kill this interview. If you have cooking experience, you're golden.

Interview Question – ??? cant remember any difficult questions. More like "what are your plans for school?" "Do you still live at home" haha   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ask for 11 and certainly dont take less than $10. I worked in MA where the minimum is $7.25

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher

I applied online and interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview Details – I applied , was called a week later to come on a week from that, went in asked questions like explain a time u didn't finish extra work assighned and how you handled it and explain a time you didn't get along with another employee and how you handled it I just said idk a lot and didn't give answeres besides I said its never happened she said that's good that's good and said she talked to the manager to see if I could get the job as a dishwasher food prep,, went home and already had a missed call from them saying to come in in a couple days interview was quick easy

Interview Question – all of them   View Answer

Server Interview

Server
Oswego, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via their website after seeing an ad on Craigslist. I filled it out on a Sunday night, and received a call Monday afternoon to set up an interview for Tuesday afternoon.

I went in, had to wait for the general manager to be done doing something else. After asking me a half dozen times how I was, we began the interview. Very basic questions, about your background and education. I told him that I loved being a server and felt that it was the right job for me. I also told him that I am an unemployed free lance makeup artist (which may be the reason I had no offer) He basically told me "You can say you're a good server, but I can't tell that from having an interview". Ok then.

After all of this, he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked one question, "How many hours are you hiring for?" He the proceeded to go off on a 10 minute tangent about chicken sandwiches, winter time, college students, how they train servers and how many servers they have at that location.

He never made eye contact with me, checked the time on several occasions and doodled on my application while I was trying to speak to him. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Question – Basic questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Friendly's Ice Cream

Worked for Friendly's Ice Cream? Contribute to the Community!