Friendly's Ice Cream Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2014
Updated Dec 31, 2014

1.8

Server/Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Hiring process was very easy, just had to show a positive attitude and a willingness to work. I submitted my application and received a phone call within a few days. I needed a job and this place seemed easy enough to get a job at. It was. I have been employed with this location for a few years and they were willing to work around my college schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience? The interview was not difficult.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

My sister worked there so all i had to do was turn in an application and they gave me an interview. The interview was with the assistant manager. She did not ask a lot of questions so it was quick.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (York, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called back for a second interview with a different manager, but missed the call; that manager will not be in until Friday. Generally I just applied, went in when called and filled out another application for her to go over. Host offered me a drink but I refused.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, she just went over my application and asked a few questions, noting that it'd be my first job and that I had limited transportation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Keene, NH).

Interview

Applied on line. received email scheduling phone interview with HR, which went well...scheduled interview with area director had to travel 100 miles round trip, interview went well. Did background check. Scheduled interview with RVP 200 mile round trip...interview was canceled day before..phone interview scheduled with RVP..he never called or canceled. it was 4th July weekend so couldn't get hold of HR until following week. Then was told that some reorganization had happened and position was not open anymore and RVP was reassigned. scheduled interview with new RVP in local store so no traveling this time...day before canceled again, unless I was willing to drive to Mass. next morning (250 miles round trip) then she could see me. Company seems unorganized and has no regards for prospective employees time or money involved in the hiring process. It makes me wonder how they actually treat there employees once they are hired. Maybe this has been a blessing in disguise. I have decided to move on and have interviews scheduled with several of their competitors.

Interview Questions

• Question where not difficult and the interviews they did manage to keep were professional.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Bel Air, MD).

Interview

Walked in, asked if they were hiring, took application home and filled it out, returned on a Tues night at 9pm with application, general manager was there and interviewed me, hired on the spot -- advice: ask when GM will be in and speak with him/her... Otherwise your application will never be viewed by anyone

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the GM asking any unexpected questions, or even any difficult questions. Basically just the routine, Have you been fired from a previous job? Do you have experience? Are you a criminal? sort of questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in May 2014.

Interview

Went through a series of 5 interviews with various people in marketing, HR and sales. They brought me back several times, and then I didn't hear anything. Contacted HR and asked for update several times. I received no response. Although they were responsive as long as I was in the process, the HR department had very poor communications to the applicants. I was never told I didn't have the job, or any feedback on what was happening.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

Fast process, very personable, learned a lot about where Friendly's is and what the possibilities are for the future

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

I can't comment because I worked my way up. But I got the job because the District Manager hated the General Manager I was working for and we collaborated to get rid of them. What does that tell you?

Interview Questions

• I can't answer this because I was promoted from within. My boss's boss hated my boss, as did I. And together we conspired to get rid of them...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy to get the raise because I was also getting rid of a manager I didn't like.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, as I had already had experience in food services. I dressed semi formally, and arrived 15 minutes earlier than they expected. I was very engaged in the interview and it became more of a formality than an actual interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Fountain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in February 2014.

Interview

The whole process took roughly a week. A standard application was given to me and I handed it in the day after. A few days later I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of about three typical questions (not difficult) and about two minutes of talking about my friend (a current employee. The whole interview talking under five minutes total.