Friendly's Ice Cream Server Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

My sister worked there so all i had to do was turn in an application and they gave me an interview. The interview was with the assistant manager. She did not ask a lot of questions so it was quick.

Other Interview Reviews for Friendly's Ice Cream

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in August 2014.

I was called back for a second interview with a different manager, but missed the call; that manager will not be in until Friday. Generally I just applied, went in when called and filled out another application for her to go over. Host offered me a drink but I refused.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, she just went over my application and asked a few questions, noting that it'd be my first job and that I had limited transportation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bel Air, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Walked in, asked if they were hiring, took application home and filled it out, returned on a Tues night at 9pm with application, general manager was there and interviewed me, hired on the spot -- advice: ask when GM will be in and speak with him/her... Otherwise your application will never be viewed by anyone

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the GM asking any unexpected questions, or even any difficult questions. Basically just the routine, Have you been fired from a previous job? Do you have experience? Are you a criminal? sort of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oswego, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in December 2013.

I applied via their website after seeing an ad on Craigslist. I filled it out on a Sunday night, and received a call Monday afternoon to set up an interview for Tuesday afternoon.

I went in, had to wait for the general manager to be done doing something else. After asking me a half dozen times how I was, we began the interview. Very basic questions, about your background and education. I told him that I loved being a server and felt that it was the right job for me. I also told him that I am an unemployed free lance makeup artist (which may be the reason I had no offer) He basically told me "You can say you're a good server, but I can't tell that from having an interview". Ok then.

After all of this, he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked one question, "How many hours are you hiring for?" He the proceeded to go off on a 10 minute tangent about chicken sandwiches, winter time, college students, how they train servers and how many servers they have at that location.

He never made eye contact with me, checked the time on several occasions and doodled on my application while I was trying to speak to him. Extremely unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in August 2010.

One-on-one with the current general manager.

Interview Questions
    No. $3.63 hourly rate + tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in January 2009.

The hiring process was an application, and interview. Very straight forward. 2 week training process, and they get you on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • N/A all questions were straight forward customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Camp Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream in April 2012.

I applied and two days later, got a call from the hiring manager. She seemed very nice and even over-the-phone, I felt as if we had already clicked. Anyway, several days later, I went in for the interview. I sat down in an area of the restaurant that was not filled. (It was a slower Thursday evening.) I ended up waiting about 20 minutes, but I didn't mind because I desperately needed a job. Anyway, the manager finally came to meet me. She apologized for the wait and began asking a lot of basic questions. She told me that they weren't willing to hire servers without experience, so she offered me a position as either hostess or fountain worker. I complied with the request. But yes. Nothing too hard. Stuff about availability and ability to work with others. She seemed to like me and we carried on conversation quite well. There were no awkward pauses or silence. I felt as if it was a very successful interview and she said she would call me back on Monday or Tuesday to let me know when orientation would be.

Monday rolls around and after waiting all weekend, no phone call. I give two more days, still nothing. So I decide to call back the following Thursday. The manager wasn't in and no one could tell me when she would be. So I waited until the next morning and finally reached her. She then told me that the job had been filled, but they still might be hiring in the future. Yeah, okay. Hiring managers, don't get someone's hopes up. Especially when they need a job or they are facing eviction. Just let us know upfront so we can continue searching and not waste our time. Thanks! :)

Interview Questions

Worked for Friendly's Ice Cream? Contribute to the Community!