Frisch's

Interviews for Top Jobs at Frisch's

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frisch's in November 2014.

Applied to an online ad that didn't have the company name listed. Was contacted by a recruiter who asked what I was looking for. They introduced me to the management opportunity at Frisch's. They have me a basic interview over the phone.

I was set up for an interview with the HR supervisor. Basic interview, introducing the company and finding out about myself. I was asked if I was interested in moving forward in the process.

I was then set up with an area supervisor. This was more of the same. Getting to know me, see if I was a good fit for their company and answer any new questions I may have. I was told that they would talk to the HR supervisor to make a decision.

I was called a day later and wad offered a General Manager in training position that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer I was given. I felt it was a fair package. I probably could have gotten a little more if I had tried, but I was offered a General Manager position instead of the Assistant Manager position I was expecting to be offered.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frisch's in May 2014.

I filled out my application online. however, when I went in to talk to a manager, they said it would be easier for them if I filled out a paper application. They were very lazy when it comes to online applications. I've noticed that the computer system they use and the POS system is way out of date.

Interview Questions
    • during the interview, they asked me where will Frisch's go if they hired me.   Answer Question
    they had me wait 2 weeks before I could start working

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Frisch's.

Normal process. Applied to an online ad, got phone response from District Manager. Played phone tag with him. Finally found time to meet with me at one of his Big Boy locations in town. We sat in a booth and talked. Honestly, he looked at his laptop the entire time and then when he was done asking me the canned questions he had on the screen, he talked about how little experience I had and found ways to downplay me as a quality candidate for the position. I really felt like he couldn't care less if I was hired or not. I was a warm body to fill the position and if I had followed through, I probably would have been hired. At the end, he told me to go online and fill out some assessment. I was so underwhelmed by this guy, I didn't bother.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think I should hire someone with so little experience?   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceburg, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceburg, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Frisch's in June 2011.

I submitted my application in person. After waiting two days, I went back in and asked to speak directly to a manager. I told the manager I had submitted my application and would like to be interviewed. I caught him off guard by asking for an interview right then and there but that was what impressed him the most, the initiative. Short 15 minutes interview about the basics. Was asked about how I have worked hard in the past and why I was reliable, etc. The also have you take a miniature quiz where you read through a booklet and select answers. It is easy. I was offered the job same day.

Interview Questions
    I could sense room for small (~$1.00) negotiation but I accepted the offer of minimum since I had no experience.