Froedtert Health

2.9

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Froedtert Health.

Froedtert's hiring process is slower and more difficult that its competitors. HR is not very approachable. I have referred friends to work at Froedtert only for them to accept another position before Froedtert HR got back to them.

Interview Questions
    • Froedtert did not ask me any unexpected questions. The interviewer was cold and disinterested.   Answer Question
    I had to accept a cut to my PTO before I accepted.

Diet Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Froedtert Health in October 2014.

I applied online and the whole process has taken a month (4+ weeks). I have not been offered yet but made it to the final peer interview, so I am waiting to hear from them. If they are interested, a member of HR will contact you and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, if they feel you are a good fit they will send you directions to complete references and a survey. The references are submitted by email to the individuals of your choice. They must be at least two managers in your list of references. I suggest you send a quick email, text, or call to your references to tell them to check their email and complete the reference check ASAP. You have to complete this within 24 hours. The survey consists of many, many, repetitive questions about yourself that you rate "agree, slightly agree, slightly disagree, disagree" etc. Once this is completed you will move on in the interview process which I explain below.

4 interviews total:

1st - Phone interview with HR rep who asks about your employment history and a brief background about yourself. This is really to make sure that you are a normal human being and to weed out anyone who applied for a job they don't care about. Everyone in their HR department is extremely friendly, easy going, and give you a great first impression of what it would be like to work there.

2nd - A week went by and I had an in person interview with head of food service department (she is a Dietitian) and a manager in the food service department. They have a sheet of paper with about 10 questions on it that they ask you. Questions range from, "tell me a time you disagreed with your manager" and "a patient calls and they have a hair in their soup, how do you handle the situation" also "what is your greatest accomplishment/success" and "tell me about a time you did not get along with a peer" etc. The head of the department is incredibly genuine and sweet and you can tell she loves her job. We chatted about other topics as well that were individualized to me, not just interview questions, which made me feel comfortable. I was not informed there would be any additional interviews.

3rd - A week went by and I had a phone interview with who I believe was the administrative head for the department but I can not remember specifically what her role was other than she had a large role. She called and it caught me off guard because she immediately introduced herself and asked me if she could ask a few questions regarding how well I work with other people. If you are not great at thinking on the spot I suggest you tell them it is not an ideal time and schedule a time for them to call back. All the questions were behavior and situation based. "tell me about a time you disagreed with a manager and with a peer," "how do you feel about unethical behavior," "do you work well with many projects," "do you work well with a deadline," etc. I believe this interview was in reference to the survey you complete and this is a way for them to clear up any confusion they might have based on your answers that you gave. This lasts about 30 minutes and the woman at the end of the call stated, "well it is so clear that you truly value and enjoy working with other people." It went extremely well and I was not informed there would be any additional interviews.

4th - A week went by and I had an in person peer interview. This interview was with two Diet Clerks (direct peers) and consisted of the same exact interview questions that were addressed in the first in person interview. It was a little disappointing that the same questions were asked. Both individuals were extremely nice but seemed inexperienced in the interview process. The focus was on asking me the questions, making a few notes of my answers, and moving to the next one. After the last question they stated they did not have any questions for me. I asked them a few and that was the end of the interview. Very, very quick interview. One of the diet clerks stated that she would be surprised if I was not offered the job.

So far my experience has been extremely positive and I look forward to working for this hospital.

Interview Questions
    • A patient calls and states they found a hair in their soup. How do you handle the situation? (not difficult at all)   Answer Question

Admitting Registrar Interview

For the interview process you will meet with the hr manager and the admitting manager. You will also be required to take a typing test as well. Other tests are required to test your competency and abilities to process information correctly. It is a piece of cake.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Froedtert Health.

Had 3 separate interviews for the position. Was told I would be contacted regarding their decision after I made the top 3 candidates. Was not contacted nor notified of their decision after spending several hours of my own time interviewing in person at the office. I called to check on the status of their search and a call was never returned. They were highly unprofessional and I would not consider applying for this company in the future. I would assume that a company in the helping profession would have at least a sliver of professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to give a presentation without any previous notice.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Froedtert Health.

It took about a month from the time I submitted my application for HR to call with an interview request. Took another 2 weeks to be offered the job. Now that I work here I see how slow HR is. Physical examine and proof of vaccinations are required for employment as well as drug testing. There was a two day hospital orientation. The rest of my training was in my unit.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate pay.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Froedtert Health in May 2014.

The initial interview involves speaking with the HR recruiter and then later receiving a formal invitation to interview. The first round interview was a little odd since it became a double interview at the time as another interviewer joined seeking someone for a similar position, At this point, the interview became an audition to impress one or both interviewers for two possible jobs.

Interview Questions
    • How would you behave under XYZ circumstances with ABC resoruces? How does that apply to what you believe will be assigned to you here?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Froedtert Health in February 2014.

Got a call to set up an interview. Interview took an hour. Interviewed with the recruiter and than the manager. Didn't hear back from them at all and kept checking my application online to find out job has been reposted.

Radiology Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Froedtert Health.

The whole process took a few months due to one of the hiring managers being on maternity leave and coming back right in the middle of the hiring process. I had several interviews (4 TOTAL) with various people before being offered the position. I thought the hiring process took a very long time!

Interview Questions
    • Of course there were the usual get to know you questions but then there were lots of situational questions ie "tell me a time that...." "what would do do if..." etc. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for $$

Industrial Engineer Interview

There will be two rounds of interviewing. The first includes a basic meeting with the hiring manager and HR manager. Standard format, not many twists or turns. The second round interview is a case study in a panel discussion format with the current team members.

Interview Questions
    • Analyze data provided during the interview and tell the panel what you think of the provided case study.   Answer Question
    No negotiations occured.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Froedtert Health in August 2013.

The hiring process was very basic. All of HR was very friendly. I first interviewed with one person in HR and then had a panel interview with 3 managers in the department I had applied to work in. The interview seemed very natural with a minimum amount of pressure.

Interview Questions
    • I dont recall being asked any questions being unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question