Froedtert Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Froedtert Health in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired through a recruiter. The first step was to meet with the recruiter to discuss the position and evaluate if the job fit both the company's and my needs. The second step was an HR interview which involved the standard questions such as: list your strength, weaknesses, why do you want to leave your job, ect. The third interview I talked with with the hiring manager and the Service Desk manager. The questions were laid back and easy to discuss. The hiring manager admitted he was more interested in someone who's personality would fit rather than the experience. After about 45 minutes, we walked around the IT department as he showed the layout of the organization, occasionally throwing more questions around. Near the end, we met with the person I would replace, as he gave me some very specific questions to the application I would support.

Interview Question – What are your short term goals?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was simple enough. My boss asked me what I would like to make, I threw out a fair salary figure, and he accepted. I probably could have gotten more if I pushed, but was happen over the increase from the previous job.

Manager Interview

Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Froedtert Health in January 2011.

Interview Details – I saw the position on the hospital's website, and a former colleague recommended me to the hiring manager. My first interview with the HR department was scheduled promptly and went well; the follow up interview with the hiring manager a couple of weeks later also seemed to go well. However, there was also a "peer" interview with a group (5 -6 ) of employees who were not peers but were actually supervised by this position. Questions seemed way out in left field and the whole set-up did not seem quite appropriate. I was scheduled for yet another interview with a physician team at least a month later. However, by the time I walked into the last interview, it was pretty clear within minutes that the hiring manager had actually already selected another candidate and this was a sham interview.

Interview Question – "What do you like to do for fun at work?" (Asked by a member of the "peer" interview team, all of whom are actually direct reports to the position I was interviewing for.)   Answer Question

Worked for Froedtert Health? Contribute to the Community!