FrontRange Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at FrontRange Solutions

Regional Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FrontRange Solutions.

Interview

Interview process is painless. They are really desperate for anyone to work at FRS. They asked more about my experience in the space. I met with all the VP's, finance, etc.

Negotiation

I negotiated and received an extra month of draw.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FrontRange Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Writer, Manager, and technical expert conducted 1/1 interviews. Three half-hour sessions, with each asking different range of questions. Most questions involved information gathering, problem solving. Two of the three interviewers were conversational. The technical reviewer appeared uncomfortable with the process.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at FrontRange Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was rather painless although I was grilled by some very bright people that work here. It is a fun environment to work in and being in the company of some very smart people makes coming in to work every day interesting and fulfilling. I was interviewed separately for the most part with the exception of a group/panel interview of sorts where I was briefly interviewed by the hiring manager and one of my to-be peers. The interviewers were equally interested in my technical knowledge as they were interested in knowing how I had used it to solve difficult problems in past jobs. Towards the tail end of the interview, the hiring manager went into an overview of the system I was going to work on, presented some challenges they were facing and asked me questions on how they were going to solve it. I took it as a test of measuring how well could I think on my feet, and a real-live demonstration of applying my skills and knowledge to problems they were facing at that moment. I think that portion of the interview sealed my candidacy for the position for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look at some code and tell what the intent was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and the hiring manager met my asking salary. I didn't go into benefits too much other than how much was paid for by the employer and how much was I expected to pay out-of-pocket.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FrontRange Solutions in June 2011.

Interview

Long-winded and at times inconsistent. Main interviewer couldn't stay put for a 30 minute presentation. Long time periods between initial meeting and follow ups, then everything done at the last minute. Unsatisfactory two way process to allow interviewee to do due diligence. Decent opportunity to meet members of the team to assess wider company culture.