FrontRange Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FrontRange Solutions in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview itself was rather painless although I was grilled by some very bright people that work here. It is a fun environment to work in and being in the company of some very smart people makes coming in to work every day interesting and fulfilling.

I was interviewed separately for the most part with the exception of a group/panel interview of sorts where I was briefly interviewed by the hiring manager and one of my to-be peers. The interviewers were equally interested in my technical knowledge as they were interested in knowing how I had used it to solve difficult problems in past jobs.

Towards the tail end of the interview, the hiring manager went into an overview of the system I was going to work on, presented some challenges they were facing and asked me questions on how they were going to solve it. I took it as a test of measuring how well could I think on my feet, and a real-live demonstration of applying my skills and knowledge to problems they were facing at that moment. I think that portion of the interview sealed my candidacy for the position for the hiring manager.

Interview Question – I was asked to look at some code and tell what the intent was.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and the hiring manager met my asking salary. I didn't go into benefits too much other than how much was paid for by the employer and how much was I expected to pay out-of-pocket.

Worked for FrontRange Solutions? Contribute to the Community!