Frontier Airlines

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Frontier Airlines.

After the group interview and the cuts, my take was that they selected the more demure speakers. I was more animated and used my hands a lot. I was not selected. Those selected stood with hands clasped and spoke softly with smiles. I could be wrong, but if I had to do it over, I would have been more modest.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you were unsuccessful selling something. (a product, process, service, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Airlines in January 2015.

Filled out application online- then RSVP'd for the January 25th event.

I got to the event at 0725 for the 0800 start. There were only a handful of applicants but quickly changed within minutes. Once 0800 hit, we all started to sign in showing our passports at that time and given a card with one of their animals

Once inside, we were given a presentation about the company and the job. Then we split up into groups and asked various customer service based / situational based questions

Broke for lunch and the listed names for those to continue (26 of about 80)

Group activity then 2 on 1 interview

None.

Flight Attendant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Airlines in December 2014.

I sent an email to HR requesting to attend a recruiting session. I attended the interview in Arlington Heights, IL. It is pretty much what everyone said previously. They give you a presentation about the company and then you split into smaller groups. One thing I want to say is the it IS OKAY if you mess up a little when telling about yourself and reading the safety procedures in the smaller group. They pretty much just want to see if you are comfortable talking in front of people you don't know. I stumbled a little bit but was able gather myself.
    After the the first round you will have lunch and find out after if you made to the second round (1 on 1 interviews). This is your time to shine! Take your time and relax. I was only asked three or four questions I think. They were the typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant.   Answer Question
    • How will you go about studying for the tests?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when priorities changed very quickly and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What could your old hiring manager done differently to keep you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Airlines.

I have applied with MANY carriers over the last year after leaving my regional airline looking to move onto bigger and better things, and I have to say Frontier was by far the best open interview experience I've had out of ALL of them. Everyone really gave the impression that they wanted to be there and that they genuinely loved working for Frontier. And the whole process was SO much more personable. Heck, some of them were even calling me by name before the day was over. There were even A LOT less people at the session I went to then some of these other sessions.

After everyone is settled in the very first thing they do is give you a written test to take. Part of it was matching things (it was a row of names and they all looked very similar with one or more containing minor differences, and you had to tell them which ones were the same). The back section had a map of the United States there were a few states that had numbers on them, and you then had to identify which states those were. Then there was a list of cities, and you had to write down the number of the state that those cities were in. I don't know how much stock they put into the test. There was one question I kept changing my answer to and I crossed things out multiple times, but still got the offer at the end of the day.

After that they gave a short presentation about the company and included the usual information you've heard at every other flight attendant open house you've been to, and answered some questions (a little professional tip, don't ask: "Do you think you'll be flying into [insert city name]?" or "Do you think you'll be getting a base in [insert city name]?" These people have no idea, and if all you care about is cool layovers this IS NOT the job for you). After that you took a restroom break for a few and then they split you up into smaller groups (when you check in they give you a card with a picture of one of the animals they have on the tales of their planes, and that's how you are assigned groups). In those smaller groups they will go around the room and everyone will stand up and say their name, and then there is a stack of cards you choose from that has a generic interview type question on it. I believe mine was along the lines of "Talk about a time you took initiative during an emergency situation." Make sure you bring SAFETY into any question you answer all day long, as it is their FIRST priority. Then after everyone does that they will go around the room again and have everyone read an announcement. They want to make sure you have no problem talking in front of a group of people, and also that you can make yourself understood. Don't rush through it. Take your time. Then, I think my group was running faster than scheduled so the had everyone come up again and said "just tell us anything else you think we should know." This is where you really have to sell yourself. Again, talk about safety, talk about how flexible you are and that a changing work environment is where you do best. I also worked in how reliable I am. Which is a more formal way of saying you're never late for work, because every airline is all about that on-time departure.

After that they gave us an hour long lunch break. Then they posted a list of names that they wanted to stay. everyone else went home. I think of the 80 people that showed up they kept about 50 of us. This is when the waiting game starts. After you all get settled back in they start pulling you out one at a time to do one on one interviews. These are done with the two or so upper management people that were in your smaller group from earlier, so they already have a bit of a handle on you, which is nice. Number one rule, while you are in the main room waiting for your name to be called DO NOT sit there texting or checking Facebook. There are plenty of days where you'll be working 14 hours and won't have time to chat with friends, send out tweets, or look at Facebook. They want to see that you can survive without your phone. They leave a few people who are currently flight attendants with Frontier in the room with you, so take advantage of that time (especially if you've never been a flight attendant before) and ask them questions about the life style. Or, sit and talk with the people you've gotten to know throughout the day. When it was my turn I went in and they asked me the typical stuff, "Why do you want to be a flight attendant?" NEVER answer this question with "Because I love to travel." Just don't do it. They hear that answer all day. Be original. Then they ask you why you want to be a flight attendant with Frontier specifically. Those are really the only two I remember. Then, and this is where you find out if they want you or not. If they ask you to step out into the hall, because they need to talk for a bit and they'll be back out in a minute to get you THAT MEANS YOU GOT THE JOB. If they say they'll be in contact, then that means this just isn't you're time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing for me, really. I've been in the airline industry, and have been on plenty of interviews for major carriers, so nothing really took me by surprise.   Answer Question
    None. Take it or leave it.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Airlines.

I applied by sending an email and received an initial phone interview after 3 weeks. Basic questions like tell me about yourself, why you think you are a good fit in the position.

Interview Questions
    • How much would you charge to wash a window in Seattle.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Airlines.

It is very difficult to be hired at Frontier unless you go to a "cattle call."

The day is structured as follows:
    The day begins with an hour long presentation about the company, job position, compensation, life style, etc.

ANIMAL GROUPS: THE FIRST ROUND
    After the power point, they break you into four "animal groups." During my hiring event, there were about 20-30 people per animal group. During this round of the interview process, there is a stack of random questions. They call you by number that was previously assigned to you. You are to come to the front of the room and face the other potential hires, read the question, and answer. Everyone's questions are different. They are all generic interview questions like, "Talk about a time that you made a mistake during a previous job. What did you do to resolve the problem," and "Talk about a time when you were overwhelmed and had too many tasks to accomplish. What did you do to accomplish your tasks?" etc.

After the initial round of questions, they asked everyone the same question, i.e., "Why do you want to be a flight attendant in two sentences or less?"

Once everyone answered the questions, the first round was over, and we entered a lunch break. They told us that a list would be posted with our respective numbers should they like to call us to Round 2.

INDIVIDUAL INTERVIEWS: ROUND TWO
    During Round Two, they call you into a room. There are two hiring officials (HR, upper management, etc.) in the room, and they ask you a series of questions. For example, "Why do you want to be a FA FOR FRONTIER in particular?" "How do you study?" (They want to know that you can make it through the intensive one-month training process.) "Have you applied to other airlines? If so, who do you prefer to work for?" "Do you have any questions for us?" During this section, they also have you read a selection of the Safety Demo to ensure that you can read and speak well in front of other people.

Once all is said and done, they ask you to leave the room. If you shine, they tell you that they will call you back into the room in a minute or two. If you don't, they tell you that they will be in contact. Once they ask you back in, they they offer you the position and bring you to another room where you begin your paperwork, take your finger prints, and do a drug test.

*Remember, the whole day is an interview, whether you are in an animal group or waiting in the lobby. Smile and be awake and attentive at ALL times. NEVER be glued to your phone. They don't want to see your technology at all. Save it for your lunch break. Don't look like you're tired or dozing off.

Interview Questions
    • It's very expected, but almost everyone answers the question wrong: "Why do you want to be a FA?" Don't say you want to travel. Frontier wants to hear about your interest in SAFETY (their "first priority), your desire to work in a changing environment (because you are SO flexible), and your love for serving people (because we all know that's how they make money).

I EMPHASIZE: SAFETY is the number one priority. We are first responders first. Hospitality specialists second.

Answer Question
    There is no negotiation process. FAs do not get to negotiate. They will take the next person over you should you try to negotiate because 20,000 other people applied for the same position. And the answer to whether you are willing to relocate or not is always "yes," or you will not even be considered.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Airlines.

I Came in for a interview. They gave a short presentation. Had one on one Interview. They offered the job later that day. Overall it was pretty easy and relaxing. Make sure you are on time though. If you are late they will turn you away at the door. A couple people were.

There is not one.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Frontier Airlines in August 2014.

I made my application online and within few days they emailed me back saying that I have to respond with a request to join the hiring event/group interview. And due to limited spots I had to submit my request as soon as possible. I attached a cover letter along with the request. Got another email with the confirmation.
    Started at 9, but they said to be there at 8:30. I was there at 7:30 with few other applicants that got there at 6:30. A little bit after we were invited in the lobby where we filled out couple of forms. At 9 they started the presentation, salary, flying benefits, medical, dental etc. brief presentation of duties, the fact that you have to have over time and the odd hours, holidays, weekends. They handed us a couple of tests, one sheet had the us map with numbers and you had to know the names of 5 or 6 states and another column was with cities and you had to put the numbers that match the states. The other test sheet had 3 columns of names and you had to pair the matching ones and at the bottom of the page, an agility test. They took a short break but we stayed seated and when they returned, about 20 candidates were invited outside to tell us that we didn't pass the test. I can't figure out where I missed but, anyway. They told us that for the next 6 months we can't apply for the same position but we are more than welcome to try again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Airlines in July 2014.

First thing you walk in to a line of about 300 people at the front of the Frontier corporate building in Denver. You wait until everyone gets checked in at the front door and they split everyone into large groups so that they can take you to different rooms and do group interviewing. During the group interview they tell you about the position and the company and then they ask you situational questions ending with "why would you be a good frontier flight attendant?" and then telling everyone to go to lunch. Once you get back from lunch there is a list posted on the outside door of the office building telling you who is going to be staying for the second round of face to face interviews. I made it to this portion where they take everyone in to the auditorium and then they pull people out of the auditorium one at a time and do the face to face interviews. When they pulled me out they took me to a room where I sat with 2 of frontier's hiring people they asked me more situational questions "what would you do if you were sitting on the runway and couldn't take off and you had a passenger who was getting agitated" questions like that. Afterwards they tell you thanks and that you will hear from them in the next 2-3 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone else had a different experience at the Denver, CO interview process and if anyone had heard anything yet.

Interview Questions
    • They all seemed pretty typical just situational questions just relate to something that has happened in your current or previous employer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Brief phone interview followed by in person interview. Met with both the HR Manager and a team of recruiters. I was asked pretty standard interview questions and it was fairly informal.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that you are calling a candidate to tell them they did not get the job.   Answer Question