Frontier Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

Interviewed at Frontier Airlines

Interview Details – Brief phone interview followed by in person interview. Met with both the HR Manager and a team of recruiters. I was asked pretty standard interview questions and it was fairly informal.

Interview Question – Pretend that you are calling a candidate to tell them they did not get the job.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Frontier Airlines.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was invited to come to a group interview. The interview process starts out with a very large group where everyone introduces themselves. Then there was a video that explained Frontier's mission statement and a brief history of the company. The interviewers explained what it was like to be a part of the company, before breaking everyone into smaller groups to start the question portion of the interview. This happened twice more with people being asked to stay or leave with each round.

Interview Question – During the first group round, I was asked whether or not I had ever had a conflict with a supervisor that I could not solve. It was worded in a very strange way and there are numerous questions that were similar to that.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Frontier Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Saw that Frontier Airlines was hiring Flight Attendants at a Recruiting Event in April, 2014. I sent in my RSVP to attend and filled out their job application form. I received a quick response to the RSVP with their instructions/checklist about date, location, time, and what to bring to interview (also guideline that doors open at 7am and closed at 8 - no admittance for late comers). Keep and print out your RSVP and checklist to take with you to event, it is your ticket in. I arrived at 6:40am thinking I was early - WRONG! The line was already very long (note to anyone wanting to plan on early arrival - 30 to 45 minutes early should put you near the front of the pack). At sign in they ask for your RSVP Checklist you should have completed and signed and hand you a room card that is based on one of the tail animals (mine was Flip the Dolphin). The event organizers are very friendly from the moment you walk through the front door at sign in (Flight Attendants, Human Resources, FA Trainers). Your interview actually starts the moment you get out of your car walking up and into line with all the other applicants, you never know - you may be talking to an event recruiter person. Smile and introduce yourself to everyone you meet (applicants and event personnel). Once you are in your assigned class you will find it easier to converse with others beside you. Your group is treated to a introduction of the recruitment team for your room/group, followed by a slide presentation/overview of Frontier Airlines, its history, the flight attendant position, salary and perks. After the presentation they open the floor for any questions (I believe it is important you contribute a sensible question, as they do seem to take note of that). There is roll call, followed by instructions for the question/answer period. You go up to the front of the room and are given a random pre printed question (there was never a repeated question). You introduce yourself, where you are from, read the question and give your answer. Everyone is encouraging (recruiters and other applicants). Recruiters are taking notes as you respond. You then have a brief break (don't be late getting back) and another question/answer session that you can answer standing from where you are seated. This session ends with a break for lunch, while the recruiters make their decision on who to cut and who to keep. They tell you they will have the list of people who have made it to the second round posted on the doors at 1:15pm. If you choose to have lunch with people from your group, be sure to stay engaged and get back on time. If you made the cut and your name is on the door, you go to the room where everyone who made it fills out a form that you must have with your resume, passport and driver's license. You are then taken to a room where you will have a panel interview, they remain friendly while inviting you in and ask for your papers. Remember to answer their questions and don't become unnerved if they seem distant or uninterested. There is a break, you are called back in and then told you will be notified within 2 weeks if you made it. You are walked to the door and that is it. On you way home is time to reflect back on what you could've/would've/should've said in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• There were two difficult questions I heard that were given to other people. One question was "Give us an example of a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Another was "If you had a family commitment you had to attend, but you were called in for reserve duty what would you do?"   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Frontier Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Trenton, NJ April 5, 2014 event.

Place is crowded by 7am. They had bagels and coffee/tea for everyone. I immediately started socializing and met some really great people. One table at a time they have you check in and they give you your group assignment. Shortly before 8 they brought us into the auditorium. They start right at 8 with a really good presentation on the company and an overview of training and lifestyle. They were hiring for a May 19 class and indicated that the next class after that would likely be October. At 9 they conclude and have you go to your groups by 9:15.

In my group, we went up in alphabetical order and picked a card from a stack. You then read the question on the card and answer it to the group. My question was #4 and had to do with volunteering to help a coworker. Be confident, precise, engaging, and smile! Next we went through again with the question "why do you want to be a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines?". Next was, "in three sentences, tell us what you did to prepare for this interview". They tell you to be brief, so be brief. They want to see that you can follow directions.

Then we break for lunch, which lasted 2 hours. After that period they would have the names of those selected to continue posted outside the auditorium. Those selected to continue would go on to a face to face interview. My name was not on the list :(

Overall, the experience was actually very positive. The Frontier people were energetic, friendly, funny, and tried to put you at ease. I made sure to be engaging and social with everyone, and I made a point to introduce myself to the FAs. People in my group even came up to me after the first round and told me how confident and great I was doing. Those same were also shocked that I was not chosen. Logically, I may have been overqualified (science background and a pilot/flight instructor) and that's why I didn't make it.

One great thing about Frontier is that they have paid training.

Interview Question – None particularly difficult, but be able to think quickly and speak in front of others.   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Frontier Airlines in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview with General Manager of Station. 2nd interview with Regional Manager. Final interview with VP of Customer Service. Interview questions were typical and specifically focused on Leadership style and objectives.

Trenton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Frontier Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – I drove into Trenton, NJ from NC. I got there about 45 min before scheduled time. You were told to sit at one of the tables then each table was called up one by one to sign in. Sign in process was to review passport and make sure you had resume. Once you were checked in you were guided toward auditorium where before going in they asked if you had any tattoos (neck, face, hands, wrist) or facial piercings. One girl with long hair was sent away because of a small tattoo on back of her neck...She thought she could get through because her hair covers it but you must remember...long hair is worn up in a bun so tattoo will be exposed. Once in auditorium you were given an overview and history of the company and future expansion.

What's required during training such as: must pass all tests with only one chance for a retake. Must purchase required luggage of about $200 and uniform of $600 (uniform will be deducted from pay of about $100 per month until paid off). Training will be in Denver, CO. Housing is provided for anyone who lives over 50 miles from training facility (they use google to map it from the address you have given them). Training is Paid. Training is a month long and are 5-6 day long weeks plus you can NOT miss a day!

After company overview they asked for questions and if anyone felt this was not for them they could excuse themselves once we finished this portion just to let them know before they left.

At check in we were all given one of 3 cards. After the overview we were told to look at our cards and to go with the appropriate group. In each group you were given a random question to answer in front of your entire group of about 40 people. You have one minute to respond with name and answer. "Such as how would you handle a situation if you had to take time off of work but it is required that you attend work?" Second question was to tell "why you want to work for Frontier and why you want to be a flight attendant?".

After this process you could go off campus to lunch for an hour. I didn't see anyone leave. You could see them watching every now and then seeing how we interacted with each other. After the hour they posted the names of the people they wanted and excused the others. They recommend that you apply again in 6 months if you didn't make it.

Interview Question – What would you do if you have a major obligation at home/family but you are required to be at work. What would you do?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Frontier Airlines in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for the January 19, 2014 open house. Received email confirmation. About 2-300 people attended the open house, and we were divided into smaller groups. We were asked to answer two rounds of customer service related questions and then broke for lunch. After lunch they posted who made it to the second round. They did individual interviews after lunch and we were told we would find out within a week if we would be extended an offer. I had to follow up after a few weeks only to find out that I was not selected.

Interview Question – Name a time that I was in charge of communicating my company's brand message to a wide audience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Frontier Airlines.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, dropped a resume off to management

Interview Question – My resume was so outstanding i didn't need an interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Frontier Airlines.

Interview Details – Interview process was short, basically talked with supervisor and hired next day.

Interview Question – Very easy questions, typical.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Frontier Airlines in May 2010.

Interview Details – I started at an outstation, they pulled me into a room the size of a closet and asked basic questions. Make sure you talk about safety with an airline.

Negotiation Details – It is a low paying job, there is no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Frontier Airlines

Worked for Frontier Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Frontier Airlines interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Frontier Airlines employees and interview candidates.