Frontier Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Frontier Airlines.

Interview

Ummm. Starts at 8 with a lecture about the company. Pretty much what everyone is saying. No visible tattoos! Its a long draining day , be ready! Oh, and they're always watching you ... Good luck !

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Frontier Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiting event in ORD. They did a PowerPoint presentation about the job. They then break you into groups by cards issued to you when you register for the event. The cards have animals on them from the tails of their aircraft. You answer situational customer service questions with a recruiter and read an announcement aloud. They make the first round of cuts. Then you go with your group into another room and answer more situational questions in front of the group and recruiters. From there you wait FOREVER to interview a third time with members of management. If you made it this far you've been there close to 12 HOURS its ridiculous! There is no need to keep you there that long. Please be advised they do not fly you out to the interview you must provide your own transportation and room so if you don't get the position you're out hundreds of dollars. Some of the recruiters were very rude. Overall it was a very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose anywhere to fly with anyone you could choose dead or alive who would you fly with and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Frontier Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to state about 12 hours for your interview process. Dress like you're ready to do the job. Men and Women I suggest a two piece black or navy blue suit. •Women, I'd say white dress shirts, make sure the skirt isn't to high above the knee, little to no makeup, but if you must no long nails, red lipstick and no hoops, hair pulled back into a tight bun, and a scarf tied around the neck. •Men same for color of suit, solid color shirt, solid color tie and clean shaven and well groomed. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE TATTOOS ON YOUR FOREARM OR NECK AREAS.
    Make sure you bring passport.
    In the waiting area, try to find a balance, remain professional, yet friendly. Everything that you do in this area you are being watched by recruiters passing by. Try and stand out in a positive way. SMILE! Don't join cliques; walk around and talk to everyone (other candidates). Introduce yourself. Be poised, polite, friendly and charming. Don't stand out in a bad way like being over animated with hands or body language, talking/laughing obnoxiously loud, shy or even too familiar with recruiters. There will be four rounds of interviews, don't be obnoxious when you pass a round because it isn't professional.
     During interviews stay away from saying you love to fly or that you're a people person. Stand straight and tall and do not fidget. If you are interviewing in a crowd, or one on one, look everyone in the eyes when delivering your answer not the floor and always remember to smile.

Interview Questions

• "In the STAR format"
      We've all been late before. Tell us about a time you've been late before, why were you late? (one minute to answer)

1 Answer
    • "IN THE STAR FORMAT" Tell us about a time you were forced to make a decision? (one minute to answer)   1 Answer
    • "In the STAR format"
      Tell us about a time you had to break a rule at your job? (one minute to answer)

• "In the STAR format"
      Tell us about a time you had to complete a assignment late. (one minute to answer)

• If hired, what is something you'd do everyday in your role?   Answer Question
    • If you could pick one word that could be applied to a flight attendant and their job duties what it be?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant with Frontier airlines?   Answer Question
    • What type of person would you like/dislike working with?   1 Answer
    • "In the STAR format"
      tell us a time when you had a hard to connecting with a customer due to something like language barrier or some other sort of situation.

Answer Question

Negotiation

There are none since everything in the airline field is seniority based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Airlines (Arlington Heights, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied Online and received an email stating I was invited to their Chicago Hiring Event. There were over 100 people at the event. We first had to show our Passports and if we had any tattoos past the wrist.After this we were seated in a large conference room and given a brief history of the company and other details about the position. Overall it was a three-part interview process. Part one was a one on one script reading and an interview of about three questions. Then we were split into groups for a group interview session. If you did well on round one then your name will make it to the list for round 2 and 3. From there it is the standard wait until you are called for 2-on-interviews. Made it to the end with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult co-worker?
      What word comes to mind when you think of the ideal flight attendant?
      Give a time when you made a mistake at work?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Airlines (Trenton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was in PA for the Trenton NJ base. It started at 8 am. I arrived about 20-30 mins early, at which point everyone was standing and sitting in the lobby waiting for the interview to start. There were no (visible) recruiters at this point. Exactly at 8 am, multiple recruiters came to the lobby and greeted everyone and told us to get in a single file line, and present our passport and entrance ticket. They checked our documents and also checked for visible tattoos (if you have any HIDE them because you will be immediately sent home if you have any). They gave us cards with animal names on them for when they would later split us into groups.
    We were then seated in a room and listened to a presentation about the company, history, benefits and things of that nature. There were about 60 people the day I interviewed. They split this group in half, and the first half went to the designated animal rooms while the other half stayed behind. I was in the group that stayed behind. At this point we were told to socialize while we waited to be called for interviews. The first interview we had was a 1 on 1 where we were told to read an announcement out loud (it was about 3 paragraphs). Then we were asked a few non traditional interview questions. IE if you could go on a 12 hour flight with Anyone including celebrities and people dead or alive who would you choose and why? There were about 4-5 questions total. Then we were told to return to the group. After this the group was split into 4, and we were told to come up with an airline, name and mission statement and create a 1 minute commercial. We had 10 mins to work with our group. After this we presented the commercial.
    After the group activity this half of the candidates now went into the rooms assigned to them by animal. There were about 10 people in my room. There were 2 recruiters sitting at a table writing constantly so don't be put off by this, they have to record your responses and score them. We were instructed to go to the front of the room read a question aloud and answer the question using the star method. Everyone took turns and we each did 2 questions. After that the initial 2 recruiters left and 2 new recruiters came in. We did the same thing, we stood and read a question aloud in front of everyone and answered it, two time. Then that set of recruiters left and an third and final set of recruiters came in. We did the same thing, answering 2 questions each. So at the end of this stage we had each answered 6 total questions out loud with 3 different sets of recruiters.
    After this it was close to 2 pm and we were given about 30 mins for lunch break. They informed us they would post a list of the people that made it to the next round when we got back.
    I made it to the next round.
    At this stage you basically just SOCIALIZE with everyone while waiting to be called for your individual interview(s). It is important that you socialize and they encourage you to do it, and are looking for that in the ideal candidates. The recruiters will offer to answer any questions you have and are engaging with everyone there as well. I waited a LONG time before they called me for my interview so i was tired but i had to keep my energy up. I went to a room and did a 2 on 1 interview with 2 flight attendants. At this point they took my resume and asked me questions regarding my resume and some more traditional interview questions. This is the more traditional part of the interview. Once this was done I was told to wait again, and then I had one more final interview, another 2 on 1, with a flight attendant and the director of inflight. After this I was escorted to another area where they offered me the position and I did the drug test and fingerprints the same day.
    I was one of the last people to complete all interviews but i was there over 10 hours. This is normal if you make it to the end, so please keep that in mind and be prepared if that means you need to bring snacks etc.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging part of being a Flight attendant and how would you handle it?
      Name a time you were unsuccessful selling something?
      Name a time you were blatantly disrespected by a customer and how did you interact with them after?
      Name a time you had to make a sacrifice at work.
      Name a time you had to reinvent your job description/title to fit your companies changing needs.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. FA's have a union so pay is non negotiable

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Frontier Airlines.

Interview

Huge turnout at a hotel near the airport and Frontier Headquarters in MKE. Quickly took an assessment and over half the room didn't pass, therefore they were asked to leave. We were told about the job, hours, and benefits. Met a lot of the supervisors and people from the main hub in Denver. First round of interviews, asked regular "tell me a time when..." questions. After that we waited for everyone to be interviewed and everyone was drug tested on the spot. Went home after that and got an email to start training shortly after...maybe a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had great customer service   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Frontier Airlines.

Interview

After the group interview and the cuts, my take was that they selected the more demure speakers. I was more animated and used my hands a lot. I was not selected. Those selected stood with hands clasped and spoke softly with smiles. I could be wrong, but if I had to do it over, I would have been more modest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were unsuccessful selling something. (a product, process, service, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Airlines (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I saw on frontiers website that they were holding a recruiting event in Chicago. All I had to do was submit my application online and wait for an RSVP from HR, which I received a few days later.

I decided to just take a chance on a potential life changing opportunity and paid for all expenses to get myself there. I booked my hotel in the same hotel that the hiring event was being held, that way I didn't have to worry about any transportation and risk being late.

The process started at 8am and the lobby filled with approx 80 people. They started off with a presentation on the company, job duties, pay, and benefits. Afterward, half of the attendees went into a different room while the other half remained in the banquet room doing question and answer time with current experienced flight attendants. At the time they began to call people out individually to read a sample of the safety demo and ask very brief questions about yourself.

Once everyone did there sample reading, we then left the room and were split into groups of 10 and were led into 3 separate rooms. In each room, each one of us had to stand and introduce ourselves and answer one question on a sheet that was provided. It went by very quickly. The interviewers have their heads down, writing constantly, but don't worry- they're paying close attention.

It was about 1 pm when they finally let us out to lunch and told us there would be a list posted with names of those who moved forward to the next round. Only about 25 people made it to round two, including myself.

Round 2 was so much more laid back. We split up in groups of 5 and were told to come up with a marketing commercial for a new airline. We had to come up with a slogan, brand, what we represented and had to act out the commercial. They have us 10 min to prep.

Then finally the one on one interviews began. When I was called, it was the easiest and best part of the day. The two flight attendants interviewing me made me feel so relaxed and comfortable and were so friendly. I didn't get an intimidating feel whatsoever. I was told to step outside the room afterward and was offered a CJO (conditional job offer) at the very moment.

The overall experience was great. Best advice I can give is to be yourself. In the group interview situation, people stop being genuine and become so competitive that they lose all personality. Do your best with answering all situational questions, after all, it's based off your own experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to sell something. How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to make a sacrifice at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Airlines (Arlington Heights, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online- then RSVP'd for the January 25th event.

I got to the event at 0725 for the 0800 start. There were only a handful of applicants but quickly changed within minutes. Once 0800 hit, we all started to sign in showing our passports at that time and given a card with one of their animals

Once inside, we were given a presentation about the company and the job. Then we split up into groups and asked various customer service based / situational based questions

Broke for lunch and the listed names for those to continue (26 of about 80)

Group activity then 2 on 1 interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Frontier Airlines (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Starts at 8. Please be on time. They will go over Company views, salary, video on life as a flight attendant, then you will split into groups n do activtives to see how you think. There maybe a one onone interview or a panel of questions, long exhausting day to see if your able to work well. They will provide food and drinks,.