Frontier Communications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014
Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.7

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

The interview was simple enough. I emailed the recruiting manager and she responded asking for my resume. The questions were all standard questions. Relatively easy. What do I know about Frontier Communication, my background, etc. However, I felt that this interview was mainly filling a quota for her. She was busy typing in the background answering emails (the sound of an incoming email followed by typing).

Sales/Marketing Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

After a brief phone interview I came in for 2 one on one interviews back to back. It was pretty straightforward, basically just talking about my prior experience.
    Drug test and background check required.

Overall simple but relatively long hiring process

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

Extremely easy to get a job in customer service/sales. Difficult to come in from the outside in another position. Coming into sales/customer service is very easy, even seems to attract those who struggle to find work elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the attendance expectations of your previous employers.   Answer Question
    Make sure you get a detailed description of the commission, but they probably won't tell you and they won't give you a copy.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in August 2014.

Contacted by recruiter and had informal phone interview to get the basics on my job history and experience. After completing this interview, was invited to Stamford corporate office and had onsite interview with Territory Manager, Director of Talent and a phone interview with a senior General Manager from another location within the country.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a penguin walked in the room wearing a red sombrero.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Transferred from another telco. I have worked in the telecommunications industry for 36 years. I've been with Frontier for 4 years. The interview was with a group of my peers and management . Past employment was with GTE and Verizon in Texas.

Interview Questions
    • Did I think that I could do the job required since it was different from the one that I was leaving.   View Answer

General Manager Interview

Internal promotion... given the opportuntiy to lead the market in which I began managing as a Technical Supervisor at the time of acquisition from the V word.
    Lead culture change and initatives to better our customer experience and overall network reliability.
    Interviewed panel style by all of the VPs of the Region.

Offline Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

My friend's mother worked here and she suggested I apply online. After the application (short and long answers required, along with multiple choice and multiple answer), I was sent a call center simulation to complete. I got a call back and was scheduled for a group interview, followed by individual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a topic you feel strongly about and argue against your preference or point-of-view.   Answer Question

Customer Service and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

Job fair - Huge amount of applicants go through an "assembly line" of different interviewees. Be prepared to see at least 3-5 different employees asking you questions and administering tests. This will take all day.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing as a manager calls you on the telephone from another room. Not only is this to test your "professionalism" on answering the call and attempting to make a sale; it is also to see if your voice is pleasing to hear.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating - you accept the offer or don't.

Offline Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

intereviews are in a 3 interview process, 1st and 2nd interviews are group interviews with a group of candidates are interviewed together by 2 people of the management team and 1 person from HR and then the 3rd interview is the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in the next 10 years as an employee at Frontier?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst- College Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Frontier Communications in May 2014.

Applied and got an email about 1-2 weeks later. Instead of a phone interview, they had a video interview which was interesting since I had never done one before. For the video interview, the question was on the screen and you had up to a minute to think about your answer before you were actually recorded. Overall, not too bad, I suggest making sure you had good lighting and a non-distracting background. About 1 month after initially submitting my application, I get a call back for an interview. I got interviewed by a panel of three, then spoke with the recruiter afterwards. Typical questions, regarding strengths/weaknesses, some technical questions (what can you do in excel), describe yourself, etc. Very personable panel.

Interview Questions
    • What website do you go on most often? What type of macros have you run?   Answer Question