Frontier Communications

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Frontier Communications.

I submitted an application online for an internship position. I was interviewed by 3 different people, each interview was about 20 minutes long. All interview questions were what you would expect. This company is very dedicated to the customer and has traditional company culture. Interview was more on the formal side.

Interview Questions
    • Whats your biggest strength? Whats your biggest weakness? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales & Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications in February 2015.

Group interviews, very competitive bring your A game with you. They do a thourgh background check, must have graduated high school and have proof of graduation. A lot of policy's to review. They are growing at a fast pace and are still looking for help.

Interview Questions
    • Best and worst customer experience profile. Speak about how you provided great service to a customer and how or what did you do to provide this great service. Be specific about a time and a place that you provided this service.   View Answer
    No negotiations and its commission and a draw draw 732 bi- weekly and plus$1071 during training but you are unable to receive the commission until the following month, but it's a great split. So you will always have a month in the hole.

Sales & Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

When I was hired, the process started with me doing 6 2-3 minute interviews with 6 different managers. After each interview they gave you a 30 second review on how you did, without saying if you were better or worse than another prospect (there were 7 of us). Then after the "Speed-dating" rounds completed, they sat you in a room and you waited for a few minutes, as you were called one by one into one of two rooms. The ones who made it were offered the job on spot, the others were walked into the room with the exit.

Interview Questions
    This is a union-ed job, so there was no negotiation.

Cable Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in January 2015.

I applied online and got a call within to set up an interview. It was very professional, I received a call the day before reminding me of my interview. At first I couldn't in the door because it got accidentally locked by another candidate, I left and started to head home but Drew, who was supposed to interview me, called me on my cell and encouraged me to come back. I was so impressed that he called me on my cell to come back that I felt I had to meet this guy. He was very professional and seemed to really know his stuff. After meeting with Drew I knew I had to work for this company as he seemed like a great boss to have.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were well thought out and challenging but very fair.   Answer Question

IBM ESB Websphere Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in January 2015.

It was a two stage process.

First stage was a phone screen by architects for around 30 mins

They liked me in the initial round and Frontier asked for an in person interview.
    We agreed on Skype call as I'm a non-local.

Second stage was scheduled for 90 mins.

Team Lead and a Developer attended the call
    Developer asked questions which were sensible to the job responsibilities.

Team Lead who is not knowledge in the SOA space asked very elementary questions in Java
    To the surprise of my life, he asked to write java code when he is watching.

After giving positive feedback to the staffing agency after the interview, Frontier Communications never extended the offer.

Last thing, I heard was they are not moving ahead with the position

Interview Questions
    • Write a method in java for the sum of numbers from 1 to 100   Answer Question

Collections Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

Applied a few weeks back through monster. I then was contacted by a HR manager in regards to my resume and if I was interested in continuing forward with my application. After, I was set up for a group interview. During the group interview we were asked questions about collections and customer service. I did not like the way they addressed us like if we were some type of career criminals or drug addicts in regards to their pre-requisites. (Mind you I have never touched drugs in my life). I was pretty much thrown off after that. Their hours are all over the place and they seem to not care if you have children or family needs as they stated having you in is the most important thing to them.

Interview Questions

Pay is fairly low if you have a higher education, and their top pay in 5 years is only $15.00. The way I was treated at the interview just gave me the impression that they are worst after being hired. No thanks.

Communication Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in December 2014.

Applied online via employee referral. Was sent link to take virtual interview. Before completing virtual interview I was contacted by HR for in person interview the following day. At 1st interview was given a typing, and basic math test. Those who did not pass were taken from the room. From there the remaining applicants were taken for a group interview with HR and management. Group interview lasted approx an hour. Contacted next day for one on one. Next interview was with several members of management, and was a few questions to prove ability of commission sales. Formal job offer was extended the following week.

Interview Questions

The shift available was 2:00-10:30. With small children this wasn't desirable. Base pay of 11.33 plus commission was not worth the commute.

Senior Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Communications in November 2014.

It was a group interview, the recruiter wasn't not friendly at all. She implied that Frontier only hires the "best" employees. They went over some expectations of what is required. You are required to sign the document stating that you understand the role, base pay, responsibilities, attendance etc. After the interview, I was called a few hours later and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • We don't say sorry, how would you apologize to a client.
      we don't say I understand. How do you know what it's like to not be able to run payroll.
      How would you handle an angry customer.
      What skills would you bring to this company.

Answer Question
    None, they start everyone out at a flat rate of 13.00

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications in October 2014.

The first initial interview was a group interview with 10 people total. It was actually very laid back. There were four guys from the company in the room. One guy did all the talking, question asking, provided job description, benefits, start date ect. The other gentlemen were there to observe us to see how we answer questions, err we engaged, paying attention, actively listening, and paying attention. The group interview was about 45 minutes at most. A day later I was called back for a one on one interview. The interview was about 30 minutes with a supervisor who asked about 7 questions about various things. Literally two days later I received the job offer..Very seamless process. Be mindful all contact and communication is done only through email. I think that's very impersonal but that's how they operate. Even the offer was sent by email.I think they should have called to give the offer. So a valid email address is needed.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

The interview was simple enough. I emailed the recruiting manager and she responded asking for my resume. The questions were all standard questions. Relatively easy. What do I know about Frontier Communication, my background, etc. However, I felt that this interview was mainly filling a quota for her. She was busy typing in the background answering emails (the sound of an incoming email followed by typing).