Frontier Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Frontier Communications in May 2012.

Interview Details – The job was a contract to Perm position. I went through 2 interviews with the contract house, then 2 interviews with the hiring company. THe feedback I received was positive and they stated my resume was well laid out. I sent followup letters thanking them for their time.

Interview Question – Salary requirements   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received the offer in the mail. I signed it to show acceptance.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Henrietta, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Frontier Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online application followed by some long survey on a site I never used again. This was followed by a group interview that included a technical exam that thinned out the group by about half. Technical exam was EASY. Ludicrously easy. Questions about how to ping a website, or booting into safe mode. Drug test I believe came after this, maybe after the one on one. After the technical exam, was called back for a one on one interview, where they made the offer. Six weeks of VERY basic training after and straight to the phones.

Interview Question – How do you ping google.com? (Seriously, this was probably the most "difficult" question.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No pay or benefit negotiation, entry level pay, but nice for what the job is.

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Infrastructure Architect
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Frontier Communications in January 2013.

Interview Details – Worked with HR representative initially, trading emails at first.
Submitted application via Red Carpet application which made the process pretty smooth.
Met with hiring manager as well as we peers, 2 interviews. Mainly seemed like discussion was around seeing if we were a good personality fit than technical.

Interview Question – Describe a typical application stack you've worked on in detail, specifically explaining details around infrastructure, high availability, load balancing, and capacity considerations.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer/Analyst
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Frontier Communications in December 2011.

Interview Details – I arrived talked to the manager for 10 minutes before some emergency took him to a meeting. Talked with an Analyst who would be a peer. He asked a number of Java related questions, nothing I couldn't handle. We recognized that I had no experience in a major aspect of their system. I stated that I would welcome the opportunity if there was training available. I didn't expect to get an offer because of this lack but I got it. And I regret ever accepting this position. Also the training has never happened and everyone in the group when I was hired, except management, are gone!

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dictated everything there was no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Frontier Communications in March 2012.

Interview Details – After applying on line for the position I received a call within 48 hours. I was asked to come in right away for the interview. After the interview, no one one would answer my calls or give me any feedback.

Interview Question – Nothing - I think they were just filling a quota of people interviewed, with no real interest in my abilities to meet the needs of the position.   Answer Question

IS Manager Interview

IS Manager
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Frontier Communications.

Interview Details – Worked with the HR recruiter to negotiate the position and interviewed with the on-site staff and Director. The company was extremely understaffed at the time of my interview. The company was not very progressive with their technology and was certainly behind the times in regards to IT.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that will keep me up at night?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate salary wise. Very flat pay scale.

IS Supervisor Interview

IS Supervisor
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Frontier Communications in December 2008.

Interview Details – Received a call and did a phone interview, was asked to come in and do an in person interview. Office was mostly empty and equipment was antiquated.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!