Frontier Communications

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Frontier Communications in October 2014.

The first initial interview was a group interview with 10 people total. It was actually very laid back. There were four guys from the company in the room. One guy did all the talking, question asking, provided job description, benefits, start date ect. The other gentlemen were there to observe us to see how we answer questions, err we engaged, paying attention, actively listening, and paying attention. The group interview was about 45 minutes at most. A day later I was called back for a one on one interview. The interview was about 30 minutes with a supervisor who asked about 7 questions about various things. Literally two days later I received the job offer..Very seamless process. Be mindful all contact and communication is done only through email. I think that's very impersonal but that's how they operate. Even the offer was sent by email.I think they should have called to give the offer. So a valid email address is needed.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in April 2013.

Online application followed by some long survey on a site I never used again. This was followed by a group interview that included a technical exam that thinned out the group by about half. Technical exam was EASY. Ludicrously easy. Questions about how to ping a website, or booting into safe mode. Drug test I believe came after this, maybe after the one on one. After the technical exam, was called back for a one on one interview, where they made the offer. Six weeks of VERY basic training after and straight to the phones.

Interview Questions
    • How do you ping google.com? (Seriously, this was probably the most "difficult" question.)   View Answer
    No pay or benefit negotiation, entry level pay, but nice for what the job is.

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in January 2013.

Worked with HR representative initially, trading emails at first.
    Submitted application via Red Carpet application which made the process pretty smooth.
    Met with hiring manager as well as we peers, 2 interviews. Mainly seemed like discussion was around seeing if we were a good personality fit than technical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a typical application stack you've worked on in detail, specifically explaining details around infrastructure, high availability, load balancing, and capacity considerations.   Answer Question

IS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Frontier Communications.

Worked with the HR recruiter to negotiate the position and interviewed with the on-site staff and Director. The company was extremely understaffed at the time of my interview. The company was not very progressive with their technology and was certainly behind the times in regards to IT.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that will keep me up at night?   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate salary wise. Very flat pay scale.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in May 2012.

The job was a contract to Perm position. I went through 2 interviews with the contract house, then 2 interviews with the hiring company. THe feedback I received was positive and they stated my resume was well laid out. I sent followup letters thanking them for their time.

Interview Questions
    I received the offer in the mail. I signed it to show acceptance.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Communications in March 2012.

After applying on line for the position I received a call within 48 hours. I was asked to come in right away for the interview. After the interview, no one one would answer my calls or give me any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing - I think they were just filling a quota of people interviewed, with no real interest in my abilities to meet the needs of the position.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in December 2011.

I arrived talked to the manager for 10 minutes before some emergency took him to a meeting. Talked with an Analyst who would be a peer. He asked a number of Java related questions, nothing I couldn't handle. We recognized that I had no experience in a major aspect of their system. I stated that I would welcome the opportunity if there was training available. I didn't expect to get an offer because of this lack but I got it. And I regret ever accepting this position. Also the training has never happened and everyone in the group when I was hired, except management, are gone!

Interview Questions
    They dictated everything there was no negotiations.

IS Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Communications in December 2008.

Received a call and did a phone interview, was asked to come in and do an in person interview. Office was mostly empty and equipment was antiquated.