Frontier Strategy Group

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Frontier Strategy Group

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in November 2011.

I applied online through my school's job listings website and the next day received an email asking if I would be interested in a phone interview. Later that week I had about a 30 phone interview asking about why I would be a good fit, and what skills I had that prepared me for the job. The next week I went in for an interview which consisted of three separate one on one interviews. I received an offer the following week and started a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide code that would go from 1 to 100 and print out "Woo" for every number that is divisible by 3, and "Ha" for every number that is divisible by 5.   View Answer
    • Everything else was the typical 'what projects have you worked on', 'do you know JSON', 'what is a left outer join'...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in March 2011.

The hiring process was fairly rigorous. I would compare it to your standard management consulting style interview, with an initial fit interview via phone, a number of behavioral/professional experience interviews in person, and then a presentation style case study interview for the hiring managers. Overall, about 5-6 interviews total including phone, in person, and a full case study presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Frontier Strategy Group would like to examine how leading food and consumer goods companies have approached the challenge of expanding their footprint in Tier 2-3 cities. From a qualitative perspective, what have their experiences been, what lessons have they learned, and what best practices, derived from their experiences, might we be able to recommend to our clients?

You may propose a qualitative approach (rooted in case studies of best practices) to solving the problem, or a quantitative approach (rooted in data analytics) to solving the problem, or some combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
        Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in March 2010.

It was a quick one day process. I met with the Regional Sales Director and EVP to discuss the position. They decided against offering me a job based on lack of experience selling to end user based organizations.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in March 2010.

Two contacts, one recruiter

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in July 2008.

I had several one on one interviews with various team members. I was also given a case study to work on over the weekend, and asked to deliver a presentation to a panel of interviewers the next week. This was for a highly analytical and numbers focused position, and as such the case study involved significant data manipulation and analysis.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 1, 5, and 10 years from now?   Answer Question
    10% higher performance bonus.... but I should have asked for more base compensation, as the company slashed all bonuses by 50% as a result of poor financial performance.

Analysis Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in February 2011.

FSG is an odd place. Many of the value-added people there seem sharp and on point. But their HR department is really scattered. They regularly cancelled and rescheduled interviews at the last minute for unclear reasons. The first time this happened, I was understanding. The second time, I tried to be patient. But the third time, it was clear there was a pattern. Though I had two good interviews with practice leaders, and though my experience and education is a good fit, they never got back to me about next steps, and I took another opportunity.

I feel bad for the other employees there, because they are clearly being held back by poor support from human resources.

Commercial Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Frontier Strategy Group in August 2010.

Spoke initially with HR director on the telephone. Then came into the office multiple times to interview with potential co-workers/supervisors. Small company, so things moved sporadically at times. Very friendly/professional HR process. They really tried to streamline the process so that they could bring someone on board as soon as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any former experiences with emerging markets analysis?   Answer Question