Fry Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fry

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fry (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2007.

Interview

To put it kindly, perhaps the most arrogant interview panel I've ever met. Fry's work is based upon a complex, home-grown e-commerce framework - nothing truly unique, but they're really proud of it. The interviews consisted of being exposed to a pretty crude skills test, meeting a disheartening team of current employees, and being told just how amazing Fry was. The staff seemed pretty smart, but in a weird way almost bitter. I left the interview early - there'd be no way I'd like to work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you a draw a subclass in UML?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry (Westmont, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

HR recruiter was very disorganized. They scheduled an interview but forgot to inform me. Then, HR rescheduled 2 times. I went through the usual HR screening interview. Then, I went for a panel interview with several senior and peer level interviews. I was surprised to see people wearing shorts and clogs. I asked the interviewers what makes them excited with their work... I got the standard answer that basically described their job description. I sensed people were not happy with their jobs, esp when I asked about how is it now that the company got bought by MICROS. People seemed to be defensive.

Interview Questions

Red Flag here. Seems to be not a fun place to work for.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fry (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email & setup a call with the hiring manager. Invited onsite for a 1x1 interview. Wan't impressed by the building, it's in a field south of Ann Arbor Airport. The building has almost no windows and walls painted a drab olive green. My first impression was not good, this was compounded by the fact that almost all the employees where walking around with their heads down looking depressed. The hiring manager showed up late wearing a T-shirt and shorts (I felt like I was in the twilight zone) and asked a few basic questions, an VP then came in and interviewed me separately, an technical guy then came in. He was best buddies with the founder... his only question was "If you use linux at home that's good enough!" Bizarre... I know. Then the printed and threw a 90 question test at me.... filled with the hardest of hard open answer questions. He left the room and said "leave it at reception when done, nobody will be here". At that point I was developing a migraine... I was in one of the strangest interviews ever.... and now a test... I answered a handful of questions then my brain gave out. I said S***w it and plopped the test on the now empty reception desk (it was past 5pm). After all... I didn't really want the job at that point!.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer "Do you know linux" Me "Yes I use it both at home and work" Interviewer "Using it at home is good enough"   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fry in January 2012.

Interview

the interview was simple . 2 step process . One with the manager and other with store manager . goodinterview and got selected . the manager was really not very strict . they want to earn through the commission though

Interview Questions

• the interview was simple . 2 step process . One with the manager and other with store manager . goodinterview and got selected   1 Answer