Fry

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fry in June 2012.

Recruiter contacted me via email & setup a call with the hiring manager.
Invited onsite for a 1x1 interview.

Wan't impressed by the building, it's in a field south of Ann Arbor Airport. The building has almost no windows and walls painted a drab olive green. My first impression was not good, this was compounded by the fact that almost all the employees where walking around with their heads down looking depressed.

The hiring manager showed up late wearing a T-shirt and shorts (I felt like I was in the twilight zone) and asked a few basic questions, an VP then came in and interviewed me separately, an technical guy then came in. He was best buddies with the founder... his only question was "If you use linux at home that's good enough!" Bizarre... I know.

Then the printed and threw a 90 question test at me.... filled with the hardest of hard open answer questions. He left the room and said "leave it at reception when done, nobody will be here". At that point I was developing a migraine... I was in one of the strangest interviews ever.... and now a test... I answered a handful of questions then my brain gave out. I said S***w it and plopped the test on the now empty reception desk (it was past 5pm). After all... I didn't really want the job at that point!.

Interview Questions
  • Interviewer "Do you know linux"
    Me "Yes I use it both at home and work"
    Interviewer "Using it at home is good enough"

View Answer