Fry's Electronics

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process seemed a tad bit rushed. I felt as if they were pretty much only checking my pulse. They threw all these side duties at me, then the minimun wage+commission, then asked if I could pass a drug test. That was pretty much it. I want to accept simply because it's remotely related to my degree field in IT but the seemingly low pay (it was dead every time I went in so I don't trust the commissions as a cashier required to do $10,000 a day!) and all the negative reviews here are making me think twice! Overall though, Fry's has been around for quite some time and I recognize a lot of employees there that have been around a while-I'm a regular shopper there so working there COULD be a good thing....

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever! This is the job, this is the pay, no the base doesn't go up (they actually told me that), and you won't hurt my feelings if you don't want the job (yes they said that too!) so take it or leave it! I took it but don't start for another week so still have the option of staying where I'm at.

Accessory Sales Associate Interview

Accessory Sales Associate
Austin, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in November 2008.

Interview Details – Somehow, they had me as not having completed my drug test even though I had. It took a lot of work to keep them from just throwing out my application and giving me a shot. Apparently they had to go through corporate to get things worked out. I did finally get interview after about a month. I was interviewed by 3 managers from the Electronic components department during the same visit. They were all encouraging and positive and really cool in general, mostly probing me to see how much knowledge I had about computer components. They offered me the position that day.

Interview Question – They just asked various difficult questions about computer components. All three of them are very knowledgeable, so they just kind of tried to see at what point I would get stumped.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my salary, the salary was stated beforehand.

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!