Fry's Electronics Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

You would have to wait about two weeks to get an interview, while you get the interview there is a selection process you go through.

Interview Questions
I was aiming for $9 they negotiated to $8.50.

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Cashier Interview

Interview was quite simple due to turning rate of employees. There were 2 interviews total. One by the shift manager and second by department manager. Questions were relatively easy. Just the basic stuff and what you could contribute to the company. Since cashier is a customer service position focus on explaining the characteristics that would make you stand out.

Interview Questions
    • How have dealt with a difficult client?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in March 2011.

The hiring process seemed a tad bit rushed. I felt as if they were pretty much only checking my pulse. They threw all these side duties at me, then the minimun wage+commission, then asked if I could pass a drug test. That was pretty much it. I want to accept simply because it's remotely related to my degree field in IT but the seemingly low pay (it was dead every time I went in so I don't trust the commissions as a cashier required to do $10,000 a day!) and all the negative reviews here are making me think twice! Overall though, Fry's has been around for quite some time and I recognize a lot of employees there that have been around a while-I'm a regular shopper there so working there COULD be a good thing....

No negotiation whatsoever! This is the job, this is the pay, no the base doesn't go up (they actually told me that), and you won't hurt my feelings if you don't want the job (yes they said that too!) so take it or leave it! I took it but don't start for another week so still have the option of staying where I'm at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2010.

They talked to me about some basic stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2009.

my friend who was a supervisor told me to apply and he turned in the app for me and i got a call telling me to be there at a certain time and day for and interview with supervisor #1. got to the interview very simple asked me why i want to work there and gave me the description of the job. supervisor told me to come next day for interview with the department manager and dress code. did the interview told me about the store and the department and told me to come next day for interview with the store manager and dress code. did the last interview with the manager and asked me about my last job why i left and asked if i was good friends with my friend who referred me. i said no just had a couple classes with him in school. ( if you are referred i would suggest not to say your bffs because they will think you will just horse around) at the end of the interview she said ok please take this to the drug testing center and went and took it and passes and was called for a week long orientation training and next week your all on you own.

no negotiation