Fry's Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Computer Merchandiser
Renton, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Go into the store, fill out the yellow job application form. Attach a resume if desired (recommended). Put the form (or form+resume) in the submission box. If chosen, you will receive a phone call soon, say a few days. You will be asked to come back in nice attire with your resume handy, and you will be asked to see a departmental manager, who will ask you a few questions. Answer them as honestly as you can. The departmental manger gives you paperwork. Fill it out. Then go take your drug test as soon as possible. Hopefully you'll receive a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Frys?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Just attend the orientation.

Computer Merchandiser
Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2012.

Interview Details – It's a two step process, the first of which is a basic screening of the of the prospective employee. The second is a meeting with the store manager who will tell you what is expected of you and what position is available for you. If you get called back for a second interview, you're most likely going to get a job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Fry's?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2012.

Interview Details – After putting my application at Fry's last week after walking in and telling them that I tried several times already, I got a callback the following Saturday for an interview scheduled on Monday. The interview was with the department manager, and he asked quite simple questions about my previous history, experience, projects, etc. I was told that I would get a call back by the end of next week in case the store manager would like to have me in for an second interview.
The following day in the morning, a call came from some assistant and she asked me to come in for an interview in the afternoon. I was even told to 'wear proper clothes because it's going to be with the manager this time.' The interview with him was very short and really straightforward. I was asked about availability, and said that it would be best to start me off in Merchandising to build experience, so I could move on to Sales. After the interview was finished, I was asked to fill out paperwork about a background check and availability. Right after that I was asked to go to take a drug test, and give the receipt of that test back to Fry's until 3PM the following day, or I wouldn't be able to apply for 6 months.
A few days later I received a call back to ask me about when I could come in for my orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was not even a single mention about salary or commission.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fry's Electronics

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fry's Electronics Computer Merchandiser interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fry's Electronics employees and interview candidates.