Fry's Electronics Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2014

1.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2012.

Applied in person and they called me in for an interview 3 weeks later. They asked me common questions such as "why you want to work here?, what would you do to deal with an angry customer, etc.". The interview lasted for about 40 minutes. They called me for an orientation 3 days after the interview. The orientation lasts for 1 week.

Salaries are non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Don't have criminal history and there is a good chance you can get hired. I was hired with almost no experience. The hiring and interview process is very systematic and the people in the store almost don't care who they hire; they come up with their own individual ways of determining whether or not they like the person. Interview Questions are the same for everyone. They are the usual questions ie. what are strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work at Fry's, what did you like best about your last job, what did you like least about your last job, etc. so the more important thing is PERSONALITY. What they often look for, even in operational departments, is sales and promotion potential. Do you want to move up in the company? Do you like people, do you like selling? Most managers like these features.

There are normally 3 interviews. The first two are normally done by Department Managers, and the third is by the Store or Assistant Store Manager. Sometimes, they separate these interviews on different days depending on who is in the store that day.

Sometimes, you might have a creative manager who will ask you different question that is not on their sheet.

Come in a Fry's like attire (for males: white dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, and belt... optional suit/blazer)

Interview Questions
    • Point me to the department that sell televisions.   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2010.

The interview was done one on one, by one of the store managers. The interview process was calling a bunch of people to be interviewed for the position(s), so there was a line. The interview process was generally basic questions; why do you want to work for us, etc.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected nor difficult, pretty basic!   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

I was hired as the holiday rush began. As such, they didn't have time to really interview me to the fullest. There were three interviews, one with a hiring coach, one with the department manager, and then the store manager. Each interview was only a few minutes and asked all the usual questions. The major downside: we spent the entire day standing around waiting to be interviewed. 6 hours just waiting. Good news is they made a decision that same day, but I wasted an entire day doing so.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. It was all pretty standard. What do you expect for an entry level cashiering job with no growth opportunity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2009.

After submitting an application, they contacted me by phone in about a week, at which time they set up an interview. When I interviewed, it was with 2 managers, one after the other. After this process, they scheduled me to come back the next day to interview with the store manager. The next step was a drug test and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    It was minimum wage. No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2009.

Just filled out an application at the store in GA. Got called in for an interview. Went in, met with the department supervisor and then the assistant store manager, who offered me a position on the spot. After that, I was told to fill out some paper work before leaving the store and go take a drug test nearby.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2011.

Applications are available only in store which is great because it gives you a chance to speak the Hiring Coach (Hiring Manager). A resume is a bonus here. The interview part was a little frustrating because they ask you to be there at a specific time but you are waiting for a department head for at least an hour if not more. For my interview I waited 2.5 hours before someone came to speak to me. I asked numerous times by associates if someone was going to come interview me but no one had an answer. All they could tell me was that it'll be a few minutes. When I finally got a chance to be interviewed it only lasted about 10 minutes. They asked the basic questions on your experience in retail, availability and what you know about the company. If they like you, you'll get a second interview which requires a drug test that you have to pay for. By the way, they don't refund you the money. After passing they'll give you a call back on whether or not they want to hire you. The time span from the first interview to second interview to being hired is about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Be assertive on pay and hourly rate. What you tell them, they'll take it literally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2012.

went in person and turn in the application to the HR manager, after 3 days got an call for an interview with the department manager and then the manager wanted me come the next day to talk with the store mananger. The store manager was awesome and asked me the same questions about the schedule and why i want to work at frys. Then he told me do the drug test and they ill do the background check anf let me now the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in November 2011.

I originally applied for a customer service job, introduced myself to the manager & handed him my application. The manager said that he would be giving my application to the supervisor in computers (why? not sure). About an hour later, I received a call to schedule an interview for the following day. I went in 10 minutes early, & waited by a register. Finally, 40 minutes passed ...still no supervisor! And that's when about 20-30 other applicants showed up!! We were all placed at separate registers, and asked simple questions about ourselves. I was asked to sell a PINK paperclip to the supervisor, which I did & then was given two pieces of paper, one titles INTERVIEW #1 & the second being, INTERVIEW #2. Both sheets contained questions about what my favorite previous job was & why, what I had learned, who my favorite previous boss was & why, what my boss & co-workers would say about my work ethic, words that describe me, how I feel about criticism, gaps between employment, why I want to work at Fry's & what I feel I could offer. Filled the sheets out & was asked to walk around the store for 20 minutes... came back & was told to wait outside an office for a 3rd interview. By that time, there was MAYBE 5 of us left. 3rd interview was short & sweet... she basically shook my hand, told me that I would be working full time doing merchandising (possibly sales), & sent me to take a drug test. VERY SIMPLE. This was a VERY impersonal interviewing process, make sure you're wearing a white top, black dress pants, comfy dress shoes ( you may be standing for HOURS while they interview) & a huge smile....don't be nervous, it's really not so bad!

Interview Questions
    NO. They offered me minimum wage, take it or leave. Very clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2011.

I walked into the store filled out an application and spoke directly with the manager. (If you just fill it out, I don't think you will ever be called in for an interview) We arranged for my interview a couple days later. The interview process was very easy. I was interviewed by two supervisors/managers and then the store manager. All three acted extremely unprofessional, making the interview process very easy. I went for my drug test...then they called and said I start tomorrow. The first week is 40 hours of training.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!