Fry's Electronics Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.6

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

I filled out the application in-store on a Monday. On Wednesday, I got a call from one of the Customer Service Supervisors asking what time I could come in next Monday for an interview. That Monday, I showed up dressed as a regular Fry's employee (white dress shirt, tie, black dress pants, black dress shoes). A few other people were also there waiting to be interviewed with me. We all got interviewed 1-by-1. The store manager is the one who interviewed me. The interview was your average interview; no trick questions were asked. Once the store manager decided he wanted to hire me, I was told the only thing stopping me from being hired at this point is a drug test. I got the drug test done (urine, not blood) the next day. The same week, I got another call from a Customer Service Supervisor saying my training schedule that would last a week starting next Monday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

Get an application at the location you would like to work. Fill out your application and turn it in. You will then receive an interview. You only have to do one interview and will be asked to go and take a pre-employment drug test (must be completed within 24 hours). Once you complete the test you will be called to start.

Negotiation

You can negotiate your schedule

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

They don't have online applications so you have to walk in and fill out a physical application. I did so and was directed to the end of the back line of registers, where I waited for a while since everyone there was helping customers.

Eventually the manager came by, asked me a couple questions, said that they were looking for cashiers, and asked when I'd be free to interview. We ended up scheduling it the next day.

I came in the next day, waited a while for him to show up, and then he asked me a few more simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Fry's?" etc.) and then described the pay a bit. Minimum wage with some commissions based on how much you ring up. I think they usually do 2 interviews, but he got approval from some other manager to just hire me on the spot. He gave me a form and directed me to a nearby drug testing facility. I started the next week.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Arlington, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple, they have applications at the front of the store. I filled one out and got called the next day. I then scheduled an interview for next week for the role of Computer Component Sales. The questions were pretty straight-forward (types of components and what not). I had 24 hours to schedule and pass a drug test, then I started working the next week. However, when I came in, they placed me in Customer Service instead of components like I asked. I wasn't very happy with that, but hey, you don't always get what you want. The first week was just training, then after that, you are kinda on your own. They don't do a good job of training, meaning if you screw up, you get fired. All in all, its an average company to get you some experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

Don't have criminal history and there is a good chance you can get hired. I was hired with almost no experience. The hiring and interview process is very systematic and the people in the store almost don't care who they hire; they come up with their own individual ways of determining whether or not they like the person. Interview Questions are the same for everyone. They are the usual questions ie. what are strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work at Fry's, what did you like best about your last job, what did you like least about your last job, etc. so the more important thing is PERSONALITY. What they often look for, even in operational departments, is sales and promotion potential. Do you want to move up in the company? Do you like people, do you like selling? Most managers like these features.

There are normally 3 interviews. The first two are normally done by Department Managers, and the third is by the Store or Assistant Store Manager. Sometimes, they separate these interviews on different days depending on who is in the store that day.

Sometimes, you might have a creative manager who will ask you different question that is not on their sheet.

Come in a Fry's like attire (for males: white dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, and belt... optional suit/blazer)

Interview Questions

• Point me to the department that sell televisions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

I was hired as the holiday rush began. As such, they didn't have time to really interview me to the fullest. There were three interviews, one with a hiring coach, one with the department manager, and then the store manager. Each interview was only a few minutes and asked all the usual questions. The major downside: we spent the entire day standing around waiting to be interviewed. 6 hours just waiting. Good news is they made a decision that same day, but I wasted an entire day doing so.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. It was all pretty standard. What do you expect for an entry level cashiering job with no growth opportunity.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2012.

Interview

Applied in person and they called me in for an interview 3 weeks later. They asked me common questions such as "why you want to work here?, what would you do to deal with an angry customer, etc.". The interview lasted for about 40 minutes. They called me for an orientation 3 days after the interview. The orientation lasts for 1 week.

Negotiation

Salaries are non-negotiable.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fremont, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

went in person and turn in the application to the HR manager, after 3 days got an call for an interview with the department manager and then the manager wanted me come the next day to talk with the store mananger. The store manager was awesome and asked me the same questions about the schedule and why i want to work at frys. Then he told me do the drug test and they ill do the background check anf let me now the process

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Anaheim, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I originally applied for a customer service job, introduced myself to the manager & handed him my application. The manager said that he would be giving my application to the supervisor in computers (why? not sure). About an hour later, I received a call to schedule an interview for the following day. I went in 10 minutes early, & waited by a register. Finally, 40 minutes passed ...still no supervisor! And that's when about 20-30 other applicants showed up!! We were all placed at separate registers, and asked simple questions about ourselves. I was asked to sell a PINK paperclip to the supervisor, which I did & then was given two pieces of paper, one titles INTERVIEW #1 & the second being, INTERVIEW #2. Both sheets contained questions about what my favorite previous job was & why, what I had learned, who my favorite previous boss was & why, what my boss & co-workers would say about my work ethic, words that describe me, how I feel about criticism, gaps between employment, why I want to work at Fry's & what I feel I could offer. Filled the sheets out & was asked to walk around the store for 20 minutes... came back & was told to wait outside an office for a 3rd interview. By that time, there was MAYBE 5 of us left. 3rd interview was short & sweet... she basically shook my hand, told me that I would be working full time doing merchandising (possibly sales), & sent me to take a drug test. VERY SIMPLE. This was a VERY impersonal interviewing process, make sure you're wearing a white top, black dress pants, comfy dress shoes ( you may be standing for HOURS while they interview) & a huge smile....don't be nervous, it's really not so bad!

Interview Questions

• Sell me this paperclip...   1 Answer
    • what do you know about electronics   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO. They offered me minimum wage, take it or leave. Very clear.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Burbank, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I walked into the store filled out an application and spoke directly with the manager. (If you just fill it out, I don't think you will ever be called in for an interview) We arranged for my interview a couple days later. The interview process was very easy. I was interviewed by two supervisors/managers and then the store manager. All three acted extremely unprofessional, making the interview process very easy. I went for my drug test...then they called and said I start tomorrow. The first week is 40 hours of training.