Fry's Electronics Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014
81 interviews

Appliance Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Quick and easy! Left application with Front Check-Out supervisor, received a call about a week later, and set up an interview.

I was interviewed by three people, first a Supervisor, then a department manager who took an interest in hiring me and finally by the Store Manager. Being really personable with the right manager is an easy way in as they want people to be as charismatic with customers as possible.

So immediately after the drug-test, the SM offered me Full-Time and I was ready to start orientation the following week.

Sales Interview

they will hire just about anyone. they do a three stage interview process. having a little knowledge of the department you are trying to go into will not hurt.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Webster, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2013.

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2014.

The interview was simple, out in the open (behind the cash registers) and fairly brief. Promises of longer workshifts were made as well as possible lateral transfers. A second interview with a slightly higher-up manager was done later the same week, explaining what the job was, as well as some of the benefits and expectations. A form for the drug test was given, as well as a request to immediately have it done.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can sell thousands of dollars worth of electronic components and appliances each week?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, work was minimum wage, plus commissions that exceeded your base pay.

A+ Service Technician Interview

Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions. Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2012.

Applied in person and they called me in for an interview 3 weeks later. They asked me common questions such as "why you want to work here?, what would you do to deal with an angry customer, etc.". The interview lasted for about 40 minutes. They called me for an orientation 3 days after the interview. The orientation lasts for 1 week.

Salaries are non-negotiable.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2010.

New hires must fill out a physical application at the store. Once called in for the initial interview,you will be asked ridiculous questions about computers. They will also see what your selling capabilities are and how to over come objection. You will have at least two interviews. Then you will have to subject to a drug test and training for a week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you overcome objection? How would you sell warranty to a customer who talks about Clark Howard?   Answer Question

Software Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

filed out an application. interviewed few days later. drug test. hired.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

I was interviewed by Dept Supervisor first and then store manager afterwards. Not a lengthy process, they do make you take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, they do make sure you are able to commit to a schedule.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you what hourly rate will be.

Cashier Interview

You would have to wait about two weeks to get an interview, while you get the interview there is a selection process you go through.

Interview Questions
    I was aiming for $9 they negotiated to $8.50.

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!