Fry's Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

They called me and invited me for an in person interview and then agreed on the time, then the interview day was a one on one with the assistant store manager who was very nice by the way, but he only asked about three questions and then told me to wait for a few days and they'll reach out to me.

Interview Questions

• Just one in person interview and basic interview questions like what are your previous work experiences, why choose fry's, how do you handle an angry customer situation, etc.   Answer Question

E-Cage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You fill out an application there or at home, putting it in a box, and wait. I got a call the very next day saying there would be interviews held the day after that. I showed up at 11:00 at the back registers, and it took a couple of hours for the interviews to start. Once they did, the department manager took me up to one of the further registers, asking some pretty standard questions, why do you want to work here, what experience can you bring to the company, et cetera. After that, several people are sent home, with those remaining getting a brief interview with the store manager. Again, more pretty standard questions, we discuss what the position will be, and the drug test. You go, take a drug test and turn it in that day if you can. I was called nearly a month later to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at Fry's?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

sat down and asked questions near the cafe. he just looked over my resume and asked me questions about it. it was fairly easy to get the job because I think they were understaffed.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Fry's entry interviews are a three-step process. First you are contacted by one of the Customer Service Supervisors, who are usually left to recruiting and training concerns. Following this, an interview with the manager of the department you have applied for. Finally, you'll be invited to an arbitrary meeting with the manager or assistant manager of the store where an offer of employment is usually made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Decline the offer. Fry's is a miserable place to work and the promises made by management cannot be trusted. If you do expect anything from them, make sure it is in writing and ironclad. Several co-workers and myself all suffered because of failure to deliver by the employer, both on transfers to different departments and promotions.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Burbank, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

So first after filling out the application i got called in about 5 days. When i went in to the interview i was told they lost my original application. It wasnt that bad though because the manager was super friendly and she seemed genuinely interested in me and she was super willing to negotiate my work hours since i am a student. She spent about an hour describing the job and only asked me if i felt it was right for me. Then i filled out another application for their purposes and i was then walked to the store manager and he seemed a bit more strict, not mean just more strict. He asked me a couple of personal questions that were really easy to answer genuinely and didnt require much in depth thought. The store manager did not show signs that he was interested or not. He was really serious through out the interview. He did on the other hand offer me a tootsie roll. After explaining how i would be paid he then told me that i need to take a drug test and a background check. Pretty painless and i never felt that it was out of reach.

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you would be a good fit for this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be very open. These guys are really easy going and professional. Take a resume it helps allot. And DRESS APPROPRIATELY!! black slacks. White shirt. Black dress shoes. And a black tie.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Plano, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in person. Got a call the next day for an interview. I was interview by three people. They asked me a lot of questions, some were hard but most were not. It was a pretty easy/average interview just be prepared for all the questions.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Oxnard, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Probably the easiest interview I have ever had. They pretty much just asked what days I was free to work. The overall experience was casual and I forgot I was even in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you go to school and what days? Can you work weekends?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I filled out the application in-store on a Monday. On Wednesday, I got a call from one of the Customer Service Supervisors asking what time I could come in next Monday for an interview. That Monday, I showed up dressed as a regular Fry's employee (white dress shirt, tie, black dress pants, black dress shoes). A few other people were also there waiting to be interviewed with me. We all got interviewed 1-by-1. The store manager is the one who interviewed me. The interview was your average interview; no trick questions were asked. Once the store manager decided he wanted to hire me, I was told the only thing stopping me from being hired at this point is a drug test. I got the drug test done (urine, not blood) the next day. The same week, I got another call from a Customer Service Supervisor saying my training schedule that would last a week starting next Monday.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

Get an application at the location you would like to work. Fill out your application and turn it in. You will then receive an interview. You only have to do one interview and will be asked to go and take a pre-employment drug test (must be completed within 24 hours). Once you complete the test you will be called to start.

Negotiation

You can negotiate your schedule

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

They don't have online applications so you have to walk in and fill out a physical application. I did so and was directed to the end of the back line of registers, where I waited for a while since everyone there was helping customers. Eventually the manager came by, asked me a couple questions, said that they were looking for cashiers, and asked when I'd be free to interview. We ended up scheduling it the next day. I came in the next day, waited a while for him to show up, and then he asked me a few more simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Fry's?" etc.) and then described the pay a bit. Minimum wage with some commissions based on how much you ring up. I think they usually do 2 interviews, but he got approval from some other manager to just hire me on the spot. He gave me a form and directed me to a nearby drug testing facility. I started the next week.