Fry's Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.0

Appliance Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Quick and easy! Left application with Front Check-Out supervisor, received a call about a week later, and set up an interview.

I was interviewed by three people, first a Supervisor, then a department manager who took an interest in hiring me and finally by the Store Manager. Being really personable with the right manager is an easy way in as they want people to be as charismatic with customers as possible.

So immediately after the drug-test, the SM offered me Full-Time and I was ready to start orientation the following week.

Sales Interview

they will hire just about anyone. they do a three stage interview process. having a little knowledge of the department you are trying to go into will not hurt.

A+ Service Technician Interview

Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions. Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2014.

The interview was simple, out in the open (behind the cash registers) and fairly brief. Promises of longer workshifts were made as well as possible lateral transfers. A second interview with a slightly higher-up manager was done later the same week, explaining what the job was, as well as some of the benefits and expectations. A form for the drug test was given, as well as a request to immediately have it done.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can sell thousands of dollars worth of electronic components and appliances each week?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, work was minimum wage, plus commissions that exceeded your base pay.

Software Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

filed out an application. interviewed few days later. drug test. hired.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

I was interviewed by Dept Supervisor first and then store manager afterwards. Not a lengthy process, they do make you take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, they do make sure you are able to commit to a schedule.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you what hourly rate will be.

Cashier Interview

You would have to wait about two weeks to get an interview, while you get the interview there is a selection process you go through.

Interview Questions
    I was aiming for $9 they negotiated to $8.50.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Don't have criminal history and there is a good chance you can get hired. I was hired with almost no experience. The hiring and interview process is very systematic and the people in the store almost don't care who they hire; they come up with their own individual ways of determining whether or not they like the person. Interview Questions are the same for everyone. They are the usual questions ie. what are strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work at Fry's, what did you like best about your last job, what did you like least about your last job, etc. so the more important thing is PERSONALITY. What they often look for, even in operational departments, is sales and promotion potential. Do you want to move up in the company? Do you like people, do you like selling? Most managers like these features.

There are normally 3 interviews. The first two are normally done by Department Managers, and the third is by the Store or Assistant Store Manager. Sometimes, they separate these interviews on different days depending on who is in the store that day.

Sometimes, you might have a creative manager who will ask you different question that is not on their sheet.

Come in a Fry's like attire (for males: white dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, and belt... optional suit/blazer)

Interview Questions
    • Point me to the department that sell televisions.   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Very easy!! They just asked simple questions of any previous experience I had. They also asked about my grades in school since I was still in High School and they wanted to know my work ethic. I did pretty well and since I was taking AP and Honors classes at the time they could see that I was a hard worker.

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2014.

Interview was little long took them sometime to get to me when they did It wasn't long before, I was talking with the Assistance Manager of the Store.

Interview Questions
    • Actually there wasn't many questions at all just what made me think about applying there and my experiences.   Answer Question