Fry's Electronics

74 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Sales Associate Interview

Downers Grove, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – filed out an application. interviewed few days later. drug test. hired.

Interview Question – basic interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by Dept Supervisor first and then store manager afterwards. Not a lengthy process, they do make you take a drug test.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, they do make sure you are able to commit to a schedule.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they tell you what hourly rate will be.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details – You would have to wait about two weeks to get an interview, while you get the interview there is a selection process you go through.

Interview Question – Why do you choose to apply at Fry's Electronics?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was aiming for $9 they negotiated to $8.50.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – Don't have criminal history and there is a good chance you can get hired. I was hired with almost no experience. The hiring and interview process is very systematic and the people in the store almost don't care who they hire; they come up with their own individual ways of determining whether or not they like the person. Interview Questions are the same for everyone. They are the usual questions ie. what are strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work at Fry's, what did you like best about your last job, what did you like least about your last job, etc. so the more important thing is PERSONALITY. What they often look for, even in operational departments, is sales and promotion potential. Do you want to move up in the company? Do you like people, do you like selling? Most managers like these features.

There are normally 3 interviews. The first two are normally done by Department Managers, and the third is by the Store or Assistant Store Manager. Sometimes, they separate these interviews on different days depending on who is in the store that day.

Sometimes, you might have a creative manager who will ask you different question that is not on their sheet.

Come in a Fry's like attire (for males: white dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, and belt... optional suit/blazer)

Interview Question – Point me to the department that sell televisions.   View Answer

Appliance Sales Interview

Appliance Sales
Duluth, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was little long took them sometime to get to me when they did It wasn't long before, I was talking with the Assistance Manager of the Store.

Interview Question – Actually there wasn't many questions at all just what made me think about applying there and my experiences.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details – Very easy!! They just asked simple questions of any previous experience I had. They also asked about my grades in school since I was still in High School and they wanted to know my work ethic. I did pretty well and since I was taking AP and Honors classes at the time they could see that I was a hard worker.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Mobile Electronics Installation Technician Interview

Mobile Electronics Installation Technician
Webster, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Not Hard. I applied for the cashier position assuming it would be most hours and flexible with my school. Was offered Tech Team position riding in the delivery truck on weekends. I think this was offered as I was over 25 and they only had 3 guys having to work a lot of jobs on weekends.

Interview Question – How old am I and would I be willing to drive the 28' truck?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ask for 10.50 or 11 minimum.

Sales Interview

Sales
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2014.

Interview Details – Walked in, asked for an app and turned it in.They immediately scheduled me for an interview about a week later. Interviewed with two department managers. They asked pretty general things but it definitely helps to know a little more than the average person about electronics or what you would like to sell in particular. If you don't know they throw a bunch of different questions to gauge which department you would excel in so don't get intimidated if you can't answer everything. Things about televisions, processors, what certain features consoles have etc.

Got asked to come in for a third interview with the store manager which was very brief and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing, just know some specs about whatever department you're applying for(like processor powers for computer sales or something). But really you should be fine as long as you're not a total technophobe or something. They asked me no brainer things like if I knew what a keyboard or hard drive was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.25 with the possibility to go up to 9.25 if I decided I wanted to do merchandising instead of sales.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Campbell, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple interview. Just behavioral. They want to see how you will deal with customers. All in all, it wasn't tricky at all. The manager interviewed me, and it took ten or so minutes. Went over my resume. I would recommend to work in sales, because you can make decent money from commissions.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a frustrating customer?   Answer Question

Mobile Electronics Installation Technician Interview

Mobile Electronics Installation Technician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – I was in another department when the other installers realized I knew a lot about car audio installation.

Interview Question – Asked me basic installation experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fry's Electronics

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fry's Electronics interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fry's Electronics employees and interview candidates.