Fry's Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details – they will hire just about anyone. they do a three stage interview process. having a little knowledge of the department you are trying to go into will not hurt.

Interview Question – they didn't really ask any questions   Answer Question

Computer Sales Interview

Computer Sales
Webster, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2013.

Interview Details – You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was simple, out in the open (behind the cash registers) and fairly brief. Promises of longer workshifts were made as well as possible lateral transfers. A second interview with a slightly higher-up manager was done later the same week, explaining what the job was, as well as some of the benefits and expectations. A form for the drug test was given, as well as a request to immediately have it done.

Interview Question – Do you think you can sell thousands of dollars worth of electronic components and appliances each week?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, work was minimum wage, plus commissions that exceeded your base pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

A+ Service Technician Interview

A+ Service Technician

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details – Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions. Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in person and they called me in for an interview 3 weeks later. They asked me common questions such as "why you want to work here?, what would you do to deal with an angry customer, etc.". The interview lasted for about 40 minutes. They called me for an orientation 3 days after the interview. The orientation lasts for 1 week.

Negotiation Details – Salaries are non-negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Sales Interview

Computer Sales
Duluth, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2010.

Interview Details – New hires must fill out a physical application at the store. Once called in for the initial interview,you will be asked ridiculous questions about computers. They will also see what your selling capabilities are and how to over come objection. You will have at least two interviews. Then you will have to subject to a drug test and training for a week.

Interview Question – How would you overcome objection? How would you sell warranty to a customer who talks about Clark Howard?   Answer Question

Software Sales Associate Interview

Software Sales Associate
Downers Grove, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – filed out an application. interviewed few days later. drug test. hired.

Interview Question – basic interview   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by Dept Supervisor first and then store manager afterwards. Not a lengthy process, they do make you take a drug test.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, they do make sure you are able to commit to a schedule.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they tell you what hourly rate will be.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details – You would have to wait about two weeks to get an interview, while you get the interview there is a selection process you go through.

Interview Question – Why do you choose to apply at Fry's Electronics?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was aiming for $9 they negotiated to $8.50.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – Don't have criminal history and there is a good chance you can get hired. I was hired with almost no experience. The hiring and interview process is very systematic and the people in the store almost don't care who they hire; they come up with their own individual ways of determining whether or not they like the person. Interview Questions are the same for everyone. They are the usual questions ie. what are strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work at Fry's, what did you like best about your last job, what did you like least about your last job, etc. so the more important thing is PERSONALITY. What they often look for, even in operational departments, is sales and promotion potential. Do you want to move up in the company? Do you like people, do you like selling? Most managers like these features.

There are normally 3 interviews. The first two are normally done by Department Managers, and the third is by the Store or Assistant Store Manager. Sometimes, they separate these interviews on different days depending on who is in the store that day.

Sometimes, you might have a creative manager who will ask you different question that is not on their sheet.

Come in a Fry's like attire (for males: white dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, and belt... optional suit/blazer)

Interview Question – Point me to the department that sell televisions.   View Answer

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!