Fry's Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.0

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Burbank, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

So first after filling out the application i got called in about 5 days. When i went in to the interview i was told they lost my original application. It wasnt that bad though because the manager was super friendly and she seemed genuinely interested in me and she was super willing to negotiate my work hours since i am a student. She spent about an hour describing the job and only asked me if i felt it was right for me. Then i filled out another application for their purposes and i was then walked to the store manager and he seemed a bit more strict, not mean just more strict. He asked me a couple of personal questions that were really easy to answer genuinely and didnt require much in depth thought. The store manager did not show signs that he was interested or not. He was really serious through out the interview. He did on the other hand offer me a tootsie roll. After explaining how i would be paid he then told me that i need to take a drug test and a background check. Pretty painless and i never felt that it was out of reach.

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you would be a good fit for this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be very open. These guys are really easy going and professional. Take a resume it helps allot. And DRESS APPROPRIATELY!! black slacks. White shirt. Black dress shoes. And a black tie.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Plano, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in person. Got a call the next day for an interview. I was interview by three people. They asked me a lot of questions, some were hard but most were not. It was a pretty easy/average interview just be prepared for all the questions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

I filled out the application in-store on a Monday. On Wednesday, I got a call from one of the Customer Service Supervisors asking what time I could come in next Monday for an interview. That Monday, I showed up dressed as a regular Fry's employee (white dress shirt, tie, black dress pants, black dress shoes). A few other people were also there waiting to be interviewed with me. We all got interviewed 1-by-1. The store manager is the one who interviewed me. The interview was your average interview; no trick questions were asked. Once the store manager decided he wanted to hire me, I was told the only thing stopping me from being hired at this point is a drug test. I got the drug test done (urine, not blood) the next day. The same week, I got another call from a Customer Service Supervisor saying my training schedule that would last a week starting next Monday.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

Get an application at the location you would like to work. Fill out your application and turn it in. You will then receive an interview. You only have to do one interview and will be asked to go and take a pre-employment drug test (must be completed within 24 hours). Once you complete the test you will be called to start.

Negotiation

You can negotiate your schedule

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

They don't have online applications so you have to walk in and fill out a physical application. I did so and was directed to the end of the back line of registers, where I waited for a while since everyone there was helping customers.

Eventually the manager came by, asked me a couple questions, said that they were looking for cashiers, and asked when I'd be free to interview. We ended up scheduling it the next day.

I came in the next day, waited a while for him to show up, and then he asked me a few more simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Fry's?" etc.) and then described the pay a bit. Minimum wage with some commissions based on how much you ring up. I think they usually do 2 interviews, but he got approval from some other manager to just hire me on the spot. He gave me a form and directed me to a nearby drug testing facility. I started the next week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

When i was interviewed a few years back, i had 3 interviews in one day. The whole process took roughly 2 hours, they hire in groups. I was one of like 12 new hires.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about work experience and history. Customer service experience and so on. Have you ever worked in retail before? Questions like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lol. They said you will start out in training as a merchandiser it pays $8.00 an hour. And when you get into sale it will be commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Arlington, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple, they have applications at the front of the store. I filled one out and got called the next day. I then scheduled an interview for next week for the role of Computer Component Sales. The questions were pretty straight-forward (types of components and what not). I had 24 hours to schedule and pass a drug test, then I started working the next week. However, when I came in, they placed me in Customer Service instead of components like I asked. I wasn't very happy with that, but hey, you don't always get what you want. The first week was just training, then after that, you are kinda on your own. They don't do a good job of training, meaning if you screw up, you get fired. All in all, its an average company to get you some experience.

Appliance Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

Quick and easy! Left application with Front Check-Out supervisor, received a call about a week later, and set up an interview.

I was interviewed by three people, first a Supervisor, then a department manager who took an interest in hiring me and finally by the Store Manager. Being really personable with the right manager is an easy way in as they want people to be as charismatic with customers as possible.

So immediately after the drug-test, the SM offered me Full-Time and I was ready to start orientation the following week.

Sales Interview

Interview

they will hire just about anyone. they do a three stage interview process. having a little knowledge of the department you are trying to go into will not hurt.

A+ Service Technician Interview

Interview

Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions. Summited paper application and interview with store manager. After general interview, service manager or supervisor asks regards technical questions.