Fry's Electronics

2.0

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2014.

Interview was little long took them sometime to get to me when they did It wasn't long before, I was talking with the Assistance Manager of the Store.

Interview Questions
    • Actually there wasn't many questions at all just what made me think about applying there and my experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2014.

Walked in, asked for an app and turned it in.They immediately scheduled me for an interview about a week later. Interviewed with two department managers. They asked pretty general things but it definitely helps to know a little more than the average person about electronics or what you would like to sell in particular. If you don't know they throw a bunch of different questions to gauge which department you would excel in so don't get intimidated if you can't answer everything. Things about televisions, processors, what certain features consoles have etc.

Got asked to come in for a third interview with the store manager which was very brief and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, just know some specs about whatever department you're applying for(like processor powers for computer sales or something). But really you should be fine as long as you're not a total technophobe or something. They asked me no brainer things like if I knew what a keyboard or hard drive was.   Answer Question
    8.25 with the possibility to go up to 9.25 if I decided I wanted to do merchandising instead of sales.

Mobile Electronics Installation Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

I was in another department when the other installers realized I knew a lot about car audio installation.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2013.

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

3 step interview process. 1 with an arbitrary supervisor. 1 with a Department manager (probably with the department you are wishing to work at) and last one with the store manager

It's usually non-negotiable

Mobile Electronics Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2013.

Not Hard. I applied for the cashier position assuming it would be most hours and flexible with my school. Was offered Tech Team position riding in the delivery truck on weekends. I think this was offered as I was over 25 and they only had 3 guys having to work a lot of jobs on weekends.

Interview Questions
    • How old am I and would I be willing to drive the 28' truck?   View Answer
    ask for 10.50 or 11 minimum.

Cashier Interview

Interview was quite simple due to turning rate of employees. There were 2 interviews total. One by the shift manager and second by department manager. Questions were relatively easy. Just the basic stuff and what you could contribute to the company. Since cashier is a customer service position focus on explaining the characteristics that would make you stand out.

Interview Questions
    • How have dealt with a difficult client?   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

I was hired as the holiday rush began. As such, they didn't have time to really interview me to the fullest. There were three interviews, one with a hiring coach, one with the department manager, and then the store manager. Each interview was only a few minutes and asked all the usual questions. The major downside: we spent the entire day standing around waiting to be interviewed. 6 hours just waiting. Good news is they made a decision that same day, but I wasted an entire day doing so.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. It was all pretty standard. What do you expect for an entry level cashiering job with no growth opportunity.   Answer Question

Audio Sales Interview

Tell me a time you had to face a difficult customer?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would help a customer with a item they are looking for but it was in a different department.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Only one interview. Very basic questions (i.e. Explain a difficult situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to get the job done.) Afterwards I was given the paperwork to go take the drug test.