Fry's Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Duluth, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2009.

Interview Details – Just filled out an application at the store in GA. Got called in for an interview. Went in, met with the department supervisor and then the assistant store manager, who offered me a position on the spot. After that, I was told to fill out some paper work before leaving the store and go take a drug test nearby.

Interview Question – What makes you tick?   Answer Question

Courtesy Associate Interview

Courtesy Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was at a register that was not being used.
questions asked:
Are you good with computers (can you fix them)?
Is there a certain department you would like to work in?
What do you think some of our top products are?
What kind of electronics do you like to buy?
If someone needed help choosing a gift, what would you do?

Interview Question – What do you think some of our top products are?   Answer Question

Merchandiser/Customer Service Interview

Campbell, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in November 2011.

Interview Details – You are required to fill out an application. If you are chosen for an interview you will receive a phone call within 2 weeks. When you arrive you are given a questionnaire to complete with questions ranging from what is your customer service experience to how much you know about electronics. If you have trouble with the lets a supervisor know and they will waive that part of the interview. Next you meet with 2 department managers, they will ask you a few questions to get a sense of your personality and enthusiasm. Lastly you meet with the assistant store manager, they will describe the open positions and place you in the department that needs you the most. (not necessarily the one you're qualified for, but the one that needs you.)

Interview Question – n/a   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable pay.

Electronic Component Sales Interview

Electronic Component Sales
Webster, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted an application and got a call back after a few weeks. Went in and had 3 interviews( one with Dept. Manager, second with another Dept. Manager, third was with the store manager) all in a row. Went to have a drug test done and began training the following week.

Interview Question – What is your goal at Fry's   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – Only one interview. Very basic questions (i.e. Explain a difficult situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to get the job done.) Afterwards I was given the paperwork to go take the drug test.

Interview Question – No hard questions at all.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applications are available only in store which is great because it gives you a chance to speak the Hiring Coach (Hiring Manager). A resume is a bonus here. The interview part was a little frustrating because they ask you to be there at a specific time but you are waiting for a department head for at least an hour if not more. For my interview I waited 2.5 hours before someone came to speak to me. I asked numerous times by associates if someone was going to come interview me but no one had an answer. All they could tell me was that it'll be a few minutes. When I finally got a chance to be interviewed it only lasted about 10 minutes. They asked the basic questions on your experience in retail, availability and what you know about the company. If they like you, you'll get a second interview which requires a drug test that you have to pay for. By the way, they don't refund you the money. After passing they'll give you a call back on whether or not they want to hire you. The time span from the first interview to second interview to being hired is about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be assertive on pay and hourly rate. What you tell them, they'll take it literally.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2012.

Interview Details – they call you one day do 2 interviews when they say come in then the next day you get an interview with Andy or they will tell you they will call you later.

Interview Question – they ask your skills and for what work experience you are most proud of   Answer Question

Computer Merchandiser Interview

Computer Merchandiser
Renton, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Go into the store, fill out the yellow job application form. Attach a resume if desired (recommended). Put the form (or form+resume) in the submission box. If chosen, you will receive a phone call soon, say a few days. You will be asked to come back in nice attire with your resume handy, and you will be asked to see a departmental manager, who will ask you a few questions. Answer them as honestly as you can. The departmental manger gives you paperwork. Fill it out. Then go take your drug test as soon as possible. Hopefully you'll receive a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Frys?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Just attend the orientation.

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

Accessories Sales Associate
Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty simple. First you submit an application (resume helps, but not required) which they generally have them up front as soon as you walk in. Then in a week or two you will get called in for your first interview. This should be pretty easy, the managers are pretty lax, just be in business attire and act professionally yet friendly and you should be fine. If you get past this, in a couple of days, they'll call you for a second interview. Same deal as before. Then your done.

Interview Question – What do you wanna get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Computer Merchandiser Interview

Computer Merchandiser
Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2012.

Interview Details – It's a two step process, the first of which is a basic screening of the of the prospective employee. The second is a meeting with the store manager who will tell you what is expected of you and what position is available for you. If you get called back for a second interview, you're most likely going to get a job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Fry's?   Answer Question