Fry's Electronics Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Electronic Components Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in July 2009.

Basic interview, took about 10-15min. Usual questions. Interviewer seemed, somewhat, rushed.

$9 and that's it.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in March 2009.

Several Department Managers interview you before the final interview with upper Management.

Cashier Interview

Interview was quite simple due to turning rate of employees. There were 2 interviews total. One by the shift manager and second by department manager. Questions were relatively easy. Just the basic stuff and what you could contribute to the company. Since cashier is a customer service position focus on explaining the characteristics that would make you stand out.

Interview Questions
    • How have dealt with a difficult client?   View Answer

Decline to State Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2011.

application, two rounds of in-person interviews

N/A

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

I was hired as the holiday rush began. As such, they didn't have time to really interview me to the fullest. There were three interviews, one with a hiring coach, one with the department manager, and then the store manager. Each interview was only a few minutes and asked all the usual questions. The major downside: we spent the entire day standing around waiting to be interviewed. 6 hours just waiting. Good news is they made a decision that same day, but I wasted an entire day doing so.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. It was all pretty standard. What do you expect for an entry level cashiering job with no growth opportunity.   Answer Question

Audio Sales Interview

Tell me a time you had to face a difficult customer?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would help a customer with a item they are looking for but it was in a different department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2009.

After submitting an application, they contacted me by phone in about a week, at which time they set up an interview. When I interviewed, it was with 2 managers, one after the other. After this process, they scheduled me to come back the next day to interview with the store manager. The next step was a drug test and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    It was minimum wage. No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2009.

Just filled out an application at the store in GA. Got called in for an interview. Went in, met with the department supervisor and then the assistant store manager, who offered me a position on the spot. After that, I was told to fill out some paper work before leaving the store and go take a drug test nearby.

Courtesy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2011.

Interview was at a register that was not being used.
    questions asked:
    Are you good with computers (can you fix them)?
    Is there a certain department you would like to work in?
    What do you think some of our top products are?
    What kind of electronics do you like to buy?
    If someone needed help choosing a gift, what would you do?

Merchandiser/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campbell, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in November 2011.

You are required to fill out an application. If you are chosen for an interview you will receive a phone call within 2 weeks. When you arrive you are given a questionnaire to complete with questions ranging from what is your customer service experience to how much you know about electronics. If you have trouble with the lets a supervisor know and they will waive that part of the interview. Next you meet with 2 department managers, they will ask you a few questions to get a sense of your personality and enthusiasm. Lastly you meet with the assistant store manager, they will describe the open positions and place you in the department that needs you the most. (not necessarily the one you're qualified for, but the one that needs you.)

Non-negotiable pay.