Fry's Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.0

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Webster, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Concord, CA).

Interview

3 step interview process. 1 with an arbitrary supervisor. 1 with a Department manager (probably with the department you are wishing to work at) and last one with the store manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's usually non-negotiable

Mobile Electronics Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Webster, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Not Hard. I applied for the cashier position assuming it would be most hours and flexible with my school. Was offered Tech Team position riding in the delivery truck on weekends. I think this was offered as I was over 25 and they only had 3 guys having to work a lot of jobs on weekends.

Interview Questions

• How old am I and would I be willing to drive the 28' truck?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ask for 10.50 or 11 minimum.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview was quite simple due to turning rate of employees. There were 2 interviews total. One by the shift manager and second by department manager. Questions were relatively easy. Just the basic stuff and what you could contribute to the company. Since cashier is a customer service position focus on explaining the characteristics that would make you stand out.

Interview Questions

• How have dealt with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

I was hired as the holiday rush began. As such, they didn't have time to really interview me to the fullest. There were three interviews, one with a hiring coach, one with the department manager, and then the store manager. Each interview was only a few minutes and asked all the usual questions. The major downside: we spent the entire day standing around waiting to be interviewed. 6 hours just waiting. Good news is they made a decision that same day, but I wasted an entire day doing so.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. It was all pretty standard. What do you expect for an entry level cashiering job with no growth opportunity.   Answer Question

Audio Sales Interview

Interview

Tell me a time you had to face a difficult customer?

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would help a customer with a item they are looking for but it was in a different department.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Only one interview. Very basic questions (i.e. Explain a difficult situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to get the job done.) Afterwards I was given the paperwork to go take the drug test.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2012.

Interview

Applied in person and they called me in for an interview 3 weeks later. They asked me common questions such as "why you want to work here?, what would you do to deal with an angry customer, etc.". The interview lasted for about 40 minutes. They called me for an orientation 3 days after the interview. The orientation lasts for 1 week.

Negotiation

Salaries are non-negotiable.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fremont, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

they call you one day do 2 interviews when they say come in then the next day you get an interview with Andy or they will tell you they will call you later.

Interview Questions

• they ask your skills and for what work experience you are most proud of   Answer Question

Computer Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Irving, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

It's a two step process, the first of which is a basic screening of the of the prospective employee. The second is a meeting with the store manager who will tell you what is expected of you and what position is available for you. If you get called back for a second interview, you're most likely going to get a job.