Fry's Electronics

Very Easy Interview

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – Only one interview. Very basic questions (i.e. Explain a difficult situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to get the job done.) Afterwards I was given the paperwork to go take the drug test.

Interview Question – No hard questions at all.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applications are available only in store which is great because it gives you a chance to speak the Hiring Coach (Hiring Manager). A resume is a bonus here. The interview part was a little frustrating because they ask you to be there at a specific time but you are waiting for a department head for at least an hour if not more. For my interview I waited 2.5 hours before someone came to speak to me. I asked numerous times by associates if someone was going to come interview me but no one had an answer. All they could tell me was that it'll be a few minutes. When I finally got a chance to be interviewed it only lasted about 10 minutes. They asked the basic questions on your experience in retail, availability and what you know about the company. If they like you, you'll get a second interview which requires a drug test that you have to pay for. By the way, they don't refund you the money. After passing they'll give you a call back on whether or not they want to hire you. The time span from the first interview to second interview to being hired is about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be assertive on pay and hourly rate. What you tell them, they'll take it literally.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2012.

Interview Details – they call you one day do 2 interviews when they say come in then the next day you get an interview with Andy or they will tell you they will call you later.

Interview Question – they ask your skills and for what work experience you are most proud of   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Computer Merchandiser Interview

Computer Merchandiser
Renton, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Go into the store, fill out the yellow job application form. Attach a resume if desired (recommended). Put the form (or form+resume) in the submission box. If chosen, you will receive a phone call soon, say a few days. You will be asked to come back in nice attire with your resume handy, and you will be asked to see a departmental manager, who will ask you a few questions. Answer them as honestly as you can. The departmental manger gives you paperwork. Fill it out. Then go take your drug test as soon as possible. Hopefully you'll receive a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Frys?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Just attend the orientation.

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

Accessories Sales Associate
Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty simple. First you submit an application (resume helps, but not required) which they generally have them up front as soon as you walk in. Then in a week or two you will get called in for your first interview. This should be pretty easy, the managers are pretty lax, just be in business attire and act professionally yet friendly and you should be fine. If you get past this, in a couple of days, they'll call you for a second interview. Same deal as before. Then your done.

Interview Question – What do you wanna get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Computer Merchandiser Interview

Computer Merchandiser
Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2012.

Interview Details – It's a two step process, the first of which is a basic screening of the of the prospective employee. The second is a meeting with the store manager who will tell you what is expected of you and what position is available for you. If you get called back for a second interview, you're most likely going to get a job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Fry's?   Answer Question

Software Sales Interview

Software Sales
Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2010.

Interview Details – They call you in for an interview a few days before. You are interviewed by at least 2-3. Customer Service Manager, Department Manager, and the Asst. or Store Manager. They try to keep a serious in the interview, but it is easily seen through, and makes the interview process easier. They make answer their phones in between questions. Otherwise, not hard to get in.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Fremont, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2012.

Interview Details – went in person and turn in the application to the HR manager, after 3 days got an call for an interview with the department manager and then the manager wanted me come the next day to talk with the store mananger. The store manager was awesome and asked me the same questions about the schedule and why i want to work at frys. Then he told me do the drug test and they ill do the background check anf let me now the process

Interview Question – why do you want to work at Frys electronics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was thorough and straight to the point.

Interview Question – What's the difference between an i5 and an i7   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied and they called me to come in at an appointed time for the interview. When I got there there were several other people waiting in line for interview times that were 30 minutes before mine. I ended up spending two whole hours going through 2/3 of the interviews. I would also like to point out that they initially lost my application and then found it later. The first interviewer was their Computer Sales Director/Manager. He was very straight forward/business-like and told me that he thought that I would fit in the position and would tell me if I answered a question right or wrong after he asked me one. He was probably the most nerve-racking part of the interview. I stumbled some mostly because I came absolutely unprepared, thinking that this was going to be a simple no-brainer type of job but I didn't realize how seriously they took the position. The questions that were asked were pretty ordinary job questions and others were specifically targetting the interviewee's ability to sell in the future. The Computer Sales interviewer made it clear that they were looking for someone who was bright, adept at selling and ambitious. They wanted someone who could make a lot of money quickly. The second interview was done in a room to the side instead of at one of the deserted registers with another director/manager and he continued with asking more generic work questions. Then he got to the meat in which he asked me to be honest if I would be willing to transfer to continue working at Fry's during the school year (since I am still in college) and I told them probably no. This would be a liability for them since it would mean costs from training me. He told me that he would leave the rest up to the last interviewer who also had the power to decide whether or not it was worth training me for just a summer's worth of work. That person was not at Fry's that day so he told me if they thought it would be worth it I would be phoned in a few days.

Interview Question – "If this product here was newer and faster but gave you no commission while the other product was an older version but had fewer errors and paid you commission, which would you try to sell to the customer?"   View Answer