Fry's Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fremont, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

went in person and turn in the application to the HR manager, after 3 days got an call for an interview with the department manager and then the manager wanted me come the next day to talk with the store mananger. The store manager was awesome and asked me the same questions about the schedule and why i want to work at frys. Then he told me do the drug test and they ill do the background check anf let me now the process

Merchandiser/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Campbell, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

You are required to fill out an application. If you are chosen for an interview you will receive a phone call within 2 weeks. When you arrive you are given a questionnaire to complete with questions ranging from what is your customer service experience to how much you know about electronics. If you have trouble with the lets a supervisor know and they will waive that part of the interview. Next you meet with 2 department managers, they will ask you a few questions to get a sense of your personality and enthusiasm. Lastly you meet with the assistant store manager, they will describe the open positions and place you in the department that needs you the most. (not necessarily the one you're qualified for, but the one that needs you.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Anaheim, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I originally applied for a customer service job, introduced myself to the manager & handed him my application. The manager said that he would be giving my application to the supervisor in computers (why? not sure). About an hour later, I received a call to schedule an interview for the following day. I went in 10 minutes early, & waited by a register. Finally, 40 minutes passed ...still no supervisor! And that's when about 20-30 other applicants showed up!! We were all placed at separate registers, and asked simple questions about ourselves. I was asked to sell a PINK paperclip to the supervisor, which I did & then was given two pieces of paper, one titles INTERVIEW #1 & the second being, INTERVIEW #2. Both sheets contained questions about what my favorite previous job was & why, what I had learned, who my favorite previous boss was & why, what my boss & co-workers would say about my work ethic, words that describe me, how I feel about criticism, gaps between employment, why I want to work at Fry's & what I feel I could offer. Filled the sheets out & was asked to walk around the store for 20 minutes... came back & was told to wait outside an office for a 3rd interview. By that time, there was MAYBE 5 of us left. 3rd interview was short & sweet... she basically shook my hand, told me that I would be working full time doing merchandising (possibly sales), & sent me to take a drug test. VERY SIMPLE. This was a VERY impersonal interviewing process, make sure you're wearing a white top, black dress pants, comfy dress shoes ( you may be standing for HOURS while they interview) & a huge smile....don't be nervous, it's really not so bad!

Interview Questions

• Sell me this paperclip...   1 Answer
    • what do you know about electronics   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO. They offered me minimum wage, take it or leave. Very clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Hired for seasonal and promoted to part time. They were basically hiring en-masse so they didn't ask any hard hitting questions. Was called to come in on a specified date. Interviews held at the cashier counters that weren't being used. Interviewer was the Customer Service Manage and one of the higher CS Supervisors.

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I went to speak with the supervisor of the cafe about my previous food experience. She liked me so I filled out a paper form and put it in a box by the front door. A week later I was called, came in and stood in line with other candidates and was asked a list of basic questions (felt like an assembly line) by some random managers from other departments. Later that week the supervisor called back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Renton, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed at the front counter, right in front of everyone. My interview was not placed in a professional environment. And the management was completely fake towards your face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate around my other job but only just barely. The have me working the same days as my other job and would not let me work around it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Burbank, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I walked into the store filled out an application and spoke directly with the manager. (If you just fill it out, I don't think you will ever be called in for an interview) We arranged for my interview a couple days later. The interview process was very easy. I was interviewed by two supervisors/managers and then the store manager. All three acted extremely unprofessional, making the interview process very easy. I went for my drug test...then they called and said I start tomorrow. The first week is 40 hours of training.

Computer Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Renton, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Go into the store, fill out the yellow job application form. Attach a resume if desired (recommended). Put the form (or form+resume) in the submission box. If chosen, you will receive a phone call soon, say a few days. You will be asked to come back in nice attire with your resume handy, and you will be asked to see a departmental manager, who will ask you a few questions. Answer them as honestly as you can. The departmental manger gives you paperwork. Fill it out. Then go take your drug test as soon as possible. Hopefully you'll receive a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Frys?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just attend the orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Walk in application, HR calls and schedule the first round. long wait, then a dept. manager comes to interview, basic questions about who you are and what you want to do, no experience necessary. what he or she told you that day is completely irrelevant to what job you get in the end though. then he or she will tell you whether you will come to another interview with the store manager, again, long wait. it seems the management is never punctual, yet they require you to be on time all the time. again, easy interview.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Just a quick very informal 1:1 Session where I was asked several computer hardware related questions. Make as if a customer wanted to build a computer for a certain ammount and for the purpose of gaming. What I would recommend.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference in speed of different models of solid state drives?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was straight from the 1:1 with questions about yourself, and finally being told to fill out some background check paper work and the position I would have. During the questions phase they did ask if my schedule was flexible. This would be the time to talk about hours. That's it. No talk of what the pay would be.