Fry's Electronics

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Fry's Electronics

Interview Details – Very easy!! They just asked simple questions of any previous experience I had. They also asked about my grades in school since I was still in High School and they wanted to know my work ethic. I did pretty well and since I was taking AP and Honors classes at the time they could see that I was a hard worker.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Campbell, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2012.

Interview Details – You have to walk in and hand in an application. Got a call back two weeks later to come in for an interview. I had to go through two interviews. The first one is a preliminary screening with a department manager who basically asks you about your qualifications and some of the things on your resume. Afterwards he hands you a paper with about 20 "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions to complete. Next you have an interview with the store manager who basically asks you questions from the form. Your either hired or not the same day.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview Details – Only one interview. Very basic questions (i.e. Explain a difficult situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to get the job done.) Afterwards I was given the paperwork to go take the drug test.

Interview Question – No hard questions at all.   Answer Question

Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2012.

Interview Details – they call you one day do 2 interviews when they say come in then the next day you get an interview with Andy or they will tell you they will call you later.

Interview Question – they ask your skills and for what work experience you are most proud of   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Renton, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at the front counter, right in front of everyone. My interview was not placed in a professional environment. And the management was completely fake towards your face.

Interview Question – How many hours can you work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate around my other job but only just barely. The have me working the same days as my other job and would not let me work around it.

Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2011.

Interview Details – Recevied a call the night before the interview and telling me about the time, location and dress code. I gone through 3 1-on-1 interviews on the same day, all asking similar questions like why picking Fry's, how well do I know about electronics and computers, the department that I would like to get in, my availability, my privious educaation and working exp., etc. A drug test and backgroud test is required for hiring.

Interview Question – Which department do you want to work in?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fry's Electronics

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fry's Electronics Merchandiser interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fry's Electronics employees and interview candidates.