Fry's Electronics

Fry's Electronics Merchandiser Interview Questions

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandiser Interview

Very easy!! They just asked simple questions of any previous experience I had. They also asked about my grades in school since I was still in High School and they wanted to know my work ethic. I did pretty well and since I was taking AP and Honors classes at the time they could see that I was a hard worker.

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Only one interview. Very basic questions (i.e. Explain a difficult situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle to get the job done.) Afterwards I was given the paperwork to go take the drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2012.

they call you one day do 2 interviews when they say come in then the next day you get an interview with Andy or they will tell you they will call you later.

Interview Questions
    • they ask your skills and for what work experience you are most proud of   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2012.

You have to walk in and hand in an application. Got a call back two weeks later to come in for an interview. I had to go through two interviews. The first one is a preliminary screening with a department manager who basically asks you about your qualifications and some of the things on your resume. Afterwards he hands you a paper with about 20 "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions to complete. Next you have an interview with the store manager who basically asks you questions from the form. Your either hired or not the same day.

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2011.

I was interviewed at the front counter, right in front of everyone. My interview was not placed in a professional environment. And the management was completely fake towards your face.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate around my other job but only just barely. The have me working the same days as my other job and would not let me work around it.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2011.

Recevied a call the night before the interview and telling me about the time, location and dress code. I gone through 3 1-on-1 interviews on the same day, all asking similar questions like why picking Fry's, how well do I know about electronics and computers, the department that I would like to get in, my availability, my privious educaation and working exp., etc. A drug test and backgroud test is required for hiring.