Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fry's Electronics
- Customer Service Associate (22)
- Sales Associate (18)
- Computer Sales (12)
- Cashier (9)
- Merchandiser (9)
- Sales (6)
- Computer Sales Associate (5)
- Cafe Associate (4)
- Computer Merchandiser (3)
- Service Technician (3)
- Software Sales Associate (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Accessory Sales (2)
- Audio Video Sales (2)
- Mobile Electronics Installation Technician (2)
- Merchandising, Sales (1)
- Electronic Component Sales (1)
- Retail Sales Representative (1)
- Decline to State (1)
- Loss Prevention (1)
- Audio Sales (1)
- Accessories Sales Associate (1)
- Computer Accessory Sales (1)
- Accessory Sales Associate (1)
- Electronic Components Sales Associate (1)
- Merchandiser/Customer Service (1)
- A+ Service Technician (1)
- Appliance Merchandiser (1)
- Customer Service Representative/Loss Prevention Associate (1)
- E-Cage Associate (1)
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.
The interview process was a wait game. They make you wait for an hour or two before talking to you then they give you the normal behavioral questions. After that they asked me how well I knew electronics and asked me about some products to get an understanding of how much I knew about technology and the products they had for sale.
- How well do you know this department of the store? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics
Sales InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in July 2010.
two phone interviews and a in person interveiw
Sales InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.
Walked in, asked for an app and turned it in.They immediately scheduled me for an interview about a week later. Interviewed with two department managers. They asked pretty general things but it definitely helps to know a little more than the average person about electronics or what you would like to sell in particular. If you don't know they throw a bunch of different questions to gauge which department you would excel in so don't get intimidated if you can't answer everything. Things about televisions, processors, what certain features consoles have etc. Got asked to come in for a third interview with the store manager which was very brief and I got hired on the spot.
- Nothing, just know some specs about whatever department you're applying for(like processor powers for computer sales or something). But really you should be fine as long as you're not a total technophobe or something. They asked me no brainer things like if I knew what a keyboard or hard drive was. Answer Question
8.25 with the possibility to go up to 9.25 if I decided I wanted to do merchandising instead of sales.
Sales InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2008.
One interview, easy hire.
- Do you have sales experience 1 Answer
Sales InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fountain Valley, CA) in August 2012.
Management sat me down and asked me a few questions, then they hired me because I had sales experience. Because of that, they didn't really care about what I had to say, they just wanted to get hiring over with so they could get back to work. Personally it was kind of a formality since the turnover rate is so high with those jobs that it makes sense they wouldn't spend a lot of time with an interview.
- Will you pass a drug test? 1 Answer
Sales InterviewNo Offer
they will hire just about anyone. they do a three stage interview process. having a little knowledge of the department you are trying to go into will not hurt.
- they didn't really ask any questions Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review