Fry's Food

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Assistant Front End Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview Details – applied online and contacted by the district recruiter a few days later. Brought in for a panel interview. Typical questions for the most part. Left and was told I would be contacted with in two weeks, but got a phone call about 7 days later saying I got the job. They ran a background check on me and then I went in for a drug test.
Two things to note...I had to call the district recruiter to check on my background check as he didn't get back to me right after he received the results. Also, they may bring you in at a lesser position than what you are qualified for and for a lot less money as well. The DR hired me for this position knowing full well that I was over qualified for it. Also, instead of being offered a full time position with benefits< I was given a part-time position without benefits and was promised a 40 hour a week work schedule. This is a company that doesn't like to hire management externally, so I was promised a quick rise to where I should be and something just to get my foot in the door. Time will tell whether or not that promise is kept.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself to be black or white when dealing with employees and customers?
The whole point of this question is that they believe in bending the rules for the customers, but being strict about them with the employees.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...salary requirements were discussed during the interview, but is still $10G+ less than what I was previously making. Meaning..they pay you what they pay you.

Pharmacy Intern Interview

Pharmacy Intern
Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Food in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially communicated with hiring coordinator by email; she then found an opportunity with a district manager. Together they interviewed me on site at a store; later on was the drug test/background check, etc. The interview was a series of questions about what you would do in certain situations, what it means to be a pharmacist, etc.

Interview Question – How will you use what you learned to help patients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation involved

GM Clerk Interview

GM Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview Details – Basically the interview/hiring process takes about 1-2 weeks to complete. You get 1 or 2 face to face interview(s) with assistant and/or store manager. They will ask you basic questions about your background, previous jobs, etc. Although I HATED working for this company, I will say that the interviews they conduct are extremely easy and comfortable.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this specific company? It was not a difficult question, just kind of unexpected seeing as most people don't WANT to work in retail or take the job to get a source of income.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Food in October 2013.

Interview Details – Why you would like to work for the company and what does customer service mean to you?

Negotiation Details – none

South Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with these people

Anonymous Interview

Tolleson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview Details – Meet hiring manager and talked for awhile. Afterwards we had a short phone call to tell me more about the position and to gauge my interest. Set up an interview with them and a member of senior management. Interviewed and then waited to hear back about 3 weeks. Once I was offered the position did a drug test and agreed to a background check.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or tough questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not an option to negotiate. The pay structure is black and white.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview Details – Manager positions are often not posted as open so the promotion process is fairly closed door. This is frustrating and not motivating to most managers.

Interview Question – What would you say to Rodney McMullen if you were in an elevator with him for 30 seconds?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None--they do not negotiate at all. Another questionable practice.

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview Details – I was not interviewed. The manager at the time knew of me because I was a regular shopper and she asked me if I wanted a job.

Negotiation Details – N/A

All Purpose Clerk Interview

All Purpose Clerk
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Food in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied in the store, had got a phone call 3 days later. Was asked to come in for a interview around noon two days later. Was asked sander questions, where did I work be for, what did I do there and how much did I make. The interview was in a small room looks like a office of some kind. The room was dated and for some people it may have been a uncomfterble place to be in.

Interview Question – There isn't any. simple questions that are stander for interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation agree to there trens for you don't get a job

File Maintenance Clerk Interview

File Maintenance Clerk

I applied in-person and interviewed at Fry's Food.

Interview Details – You need to always be thinking of the customer and your role in keeping them returning. Most all questions are geared to that and your ability to get along with everyone.

Interview Question – What is shrink?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fry's Food

Worked for Fry's Food? Contribute to the Community!