Fugro

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fugro.

Brief and professional. First start with small group, then one on one with hiring manager. Tone was very cordial and atmosphere relaxed. Questions were the usual ones, with brief drill down to experience on specifics in the resume.

Made counter offer and revised terms once.

Staff Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fugro in April 2013.

I sent an application in a number of months ago, but I never received a response. Then my graduate school sent out an email saying Fugro was looking to hire entry-level geotechnical engineers and were interested in students getting their MS degree it in.
    I met with a representative of the company on campus for a 1 on 1 interview that lasted approximately 1 hour. The representative liked me enough that I was asked if I would like to come in for an in person interview at the office.
    The office interview was straight forward. When I got to the office, I had a brief talk with the representative I met on campus and then I went out to lunch with the younger staff members in the office. I was asked to give a 30 min presentation on a topic of my choice after lunch. The purpose of the presentation was more-so to see if I have communication skills and if I have no problems speaking with people and communicating an idea. The content of the presentation wasn't all that important.
    I was then passed around for 1 on 1 interviews with the higher ups in the office. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and I have about 6 different interviews.
    After meeting with everyone, the company put me up in a townhouse they own near the office. That evening, on of the staff members in the office showed me around Norfolk and we did a little bar hopping. It was a good casual way to learn more about the company and for someone to also get to know me in a non-formal setting.
    The questions were not that hard. Standard questions about my personality, interests, why I applied and such.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one, are you more so someone who enjoys starting a problem or finishing one?   View Answer
    • Name 3 of your biggest strengths and 2 of your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question
    As an entry-level position, I didn't do any negotiating. Before the offer was made, the employer asked what sort offers have I received and if I know what kind of offers my colleagues have received so he has a good idea what the market price is. I probably could have given a higher salary than I was actually offered, but I wanted to be truthful.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fugro.

HR asked questions first. Panel interview

Small subsidiary of main company. Disorganised. Admin personnel seemed to be running the show. It took four weeks to let me know, by which time I had accepted a job offer from another company.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

after having accounts with various recruitments agencies online, i have been called by one of them and have been asked if i am interested in position with the company; they have asked if they can send my cv, which i agreed to it.

few days laters they called to let me know that they are interested in meeting them and discuss further.

First interview was with HR, it went very well and they have contacteed me again after few days for the second interview whch was followed by an offer letter.

Offshore Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fugro in August 2010.

Process involved the panel ensuring that the candidate was informed of the requirements of the position. Typical interview questions were asked such as educational background and interests, technical situations, team work skills, morals and values... Etc. If female candidate is interviewing for a male dominated position, then questions relating to that type of environment in terms of comfortability and ease were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Would you lie for the company's interest?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fugro in March 2008.

A very good consultative process, where every attempt was made to help me understand the role, the job duties and the expected results. Free questions from both sides in a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • The most unusal question was whether i was ok with working thorugh lunch.   View Answer
    Negotiation was simple with only one back and forth. My best advice is do your homework on industry standards.