Fuhu

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.2

Product Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fuhu in September 2014.

Its all BS
    As long ask you can fake that you like customer care they will hire you
    You will be interviewed by 3 people that give you questions that dont really matter
    They play the good cop bad cop game

Contractor (Graphic Designer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fuhu in July 2014.

Fuhu found my portfolio online and sent me an email saying that they liked my work and wanted to schedule an interview. We emailed over the course of about two days and I came in for an interview on the third day. I met directly with the woman who'd been emailing me. We went to her office and she brought me a glass of water, which was nice. It started off seeming like a 1-on-1 interview, but then they brought about four more people into the room to interview me one at a time. They asked some of the same questions and some different ones depending on their department. Overall, they were very friendly and pretty professional. It was a decent interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know about a specific question, but I have to say, I was confused about my responsibilities. They were a bit unclear about that. One person told me I'd be doing one thing, then another person told me something else, so I asked the second person if they were just considering me for separate jobs or if it was all the same job. She explained the process to me more clearly, and said that each of they would both be my responsibility. I got the sense that I'd kind of just be filling in where they needed someone to do work, rather than having a specific job.   Answer Question

It was too far of a distance and not enough of an opportunity to be worth it. I had to drive 2.5 hours to get there. The pay was lower than I was hoping for and there weren't any benefits that I was aware of. When I asked about it I didn't receive a reply. The people seemed very nice, but I also wasn't sure if I trusted the company, especially judging by some of the reviews I read here. I also got the feeling that they were a company that was very competitive and not very stable. I still went in with an open mind, but in the end decided it wasn't a good fit for me.

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Interviewed with an HR rep, manager, and senior sysadmin. Overall, was a very pleasant interview--they stressed the nature of the environment and how hard everyone worked. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Technical questions ran the gamut but still stayed within the bounds of the description, covering networking, systems, operating systems, virtualization, design, etc. If you can respond well to each question in 1 sentence, they didn't dig too much deeper--but also be aware that that question may be rather in depth. Definitely depends on one's ability to concisely and accurately form a single response though. No test, just plenty of situational and and troubleshooting type questions in order to assess your ability to think through a problem. Verbalizing your thought process well helps a lot.

Interview Questions
    • You're seeing X happening with the systems/network, what do you do?   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fuhu.

Recruiter sets up the interview and interviews first; then management interviews.
    Overall interview experience felt very unprofessional. The manager flat out told me that in order to pass my probation period, I need to stay past 7:30PM every day to show my commitment to the company...huh?

They also like to put people in positions different than the one they applied/got an offer for on their first day of employment, so beware!

Marketing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fuhu.

A recruiter reached out and from the get-go the process was inefficient. They did not do a phone pre-screen, and just jumped to an in-person meeting. It was difficult to get a hold of the recruiter to confirm interview times, or if it was still going to happen. After going in for a face-to-face, they did not have the courtesy to let candidates know whether or not they made the cut.

If the process is any indication of the management style, don't waste your time here. Apply elsewhere.

Creative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fuhu.

4hr Paid/ Working Interview where you're given a project to create or work on.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, but the 2 supervisors provided poor misaligned direction.   View Answer

Low ball offer

Android Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fuhu.

Applied and got an interview in about 1~2 weeks. First, they will briefly ask you if you know their company and give you some description of Fuhu. Then, they will ask some typical personality questions. After the first part, they came with some technical questions and mainly focus on your projects.

Field Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fuhu in October 2013.

The District Manager reached out after I submitted a resume to the job posting. We had an over-the-phone interview, followed by a Skype interview with the deceptively friendly National Manager (head of the program). I was interviewed and hired within a week. They were flying groups of new recruits to LA for training, but you come home feeling as though you have more to learn.

Non-negotiable hourly pay

Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fuhu.

During my interview with Fuhu for the position of illustrator, I was told that they liked the "Asian work ethic". I thought this was a little strange but I went along with it anyway.

The staff was very friendly and the office was clean and neat.

I was told there was an employee who quit after one day. It wasn't until after I'd worked at Fuhu for more than a week that I realized why that worker left.

Interview Questions
    • This wasn't a question but I have to point this out. This place told me they don't like to hire people with egos. What?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fuhu.

When I arrived at the office, I was greeted by multiple people who made sure the person interviewing me knew I was waiting. The ambiance of the lobby was very fun with tv screens showcasing the company's products. During the course of the interview, I met with 5 different people one by one, which surprised me. They all made it a point to let me know that this is not a typical 9-5 workplace, but the work you put into it is all worth it. After the interview, the recruiter followed up with my by email and extended the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the table that makes you a better candidate than someone else who has more experience than you?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate a few days after I had originally stated my desired salary range off the top of my head... bad idea! Make sure you're prepared to give your desired salary at the interview.