Fujitsu Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fujitsu.

Applied through career center of my university. A week after applying for the posting HR called to schedule a Telephonic Interview with the Hiring manager. Manager was quite friendly and looking for system software development intern who had previous experience in OS development/Embedded systems. Received a reject after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Any experience in OS/Embedded systems. C++ - Inheritance, virtual methods, pure virtual methods, constant variables & pointers, constant functions. Went over the resume.   Answer Question

Non-Technical Business Office Interview

I do not want to give specifics of the job title because the department is very small and easily identifiable. With that said, it was for a business support office that is non-technical, meaning not an engineer or software/IT position.

The process was very slow. I submitted my resume via the online portal and did not hear back until I reached out to one of the department employees via online professional networking site. The VP level manager and hiring managers were all very nice. I was brought in to meet the small team, which I enjoyed. The office environment seemed to be pleasant. However, they made an offer on the low end of my expectations at a weird salary of $xx,800.00. My current employer offered an incentive to stay. I relayed that to Fujitsu, who refused to budge. I asked if they would throw in an additional $200 to make a round number, and they refused as well. In my opinion, this kind of stinginess during the recruiting and courting process will not translate to generosity as an employee.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fujitsu in February 2015.

1 Interview with general questions without Technical Questions. The interviewer is very kind and give me some significant suggestion after interview. It is a good experience and I definitely will apply this company next time. They don't ask hard questions. However, they only has one opening internship position in the summer.

Bid Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fujitsu.

After making contact with the recruiter and having a short phone interview I met the hiring manager offsite. I was brought in afterward for interviews with sales and pre-sales leads. Waiting a couple weeks, with no communications, before being notified with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation with the recruiter was by phone and I accepted a salary slightly less than my requested base.

Junior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fujitsu in December 2014.

Applied online and heard after a month. The process was very slow which was frustrating. No phone interviews. I had 2 one hour onsite interviews with one of them being the manager and other one being programmer analyst. It was fully behavioral questions and they were looking for a fresh candidate right out of college to give training with the job. After all interviews, I spoke to HR about expected salary and that's where I lost interest in the position. They said the salary is around 50 to 55K with around 2% raise every year for this job and as soon as I heard the number, I tried to control my laughter. I was like...I waited for months together only to hear that salary? Screw that!

I wish I had known about the salary beforehand. I wouldn't have applied at all. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background and experience   Answer Question
    • What do you know about RDBMS?   Answer Question
    • Are you a quick learner? Do you pick up things fast? Make sure to show enthusiasm in the role and keep selling yourself.   Answer Question

Optical Systems Engineer V Interview

Very coordial recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most technical and toughest interviews I have ever faced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fujitsu in October 2013.

Applied online through the college careers website. 1 Hour interview, two interviewers, at the college. Questions concentrating on resume first for 15 mins, then basic technical questions - pointers, reference, synchronization. Finally , a written technical test for 20 mins - linked list reverse, use of continue statement, binary search.

Junior Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fujitsu in August 2013.

I applied online through my university, and two days later I got a call to schedule an onsite interview, in which I was interviewed by two people. Two weeks later, I was scheduled for a second round interview with the hiring manager. They seemed like nice people.

Interview Questions
    • What are your expectations for the job?
      What areas will you need more training in and what areas will you need less training in?
      Have you resolved a conflict between you and someone else?
      If you had a good idea, how would you convince others to go along with your idea?

Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fujitsu in February 2013.

Phone call followed by face 2 face interview for 4 Hrs

Marketing/Sales Intern In Japan Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fujitsu in December 2012.

The two HR ladies came from Japan to US for recruiting people from America even they didn't understand English well,and it's better if you can speak Japanese fluently unless you have really strong background and experience.The first round-interview usually takes 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How many internships have you worked?
      why do you want to work for Fujitsu?

Answer Question