Fujitsu Services

Updated Dec 3, 2013

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

It wasn't a job, it was a discussion about roles Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – Senior Mgmt recommended me. The local staff contacted me for a long distance telephone call with two managers who were sitting together. Reorganisational changes hadn't been announced, so they couldn't disclose the situation details very well. They were to set up a sister organisational unit to the one I was in within the UK and they had no direct experience of it. So they couldn't articulate their needs very well. Nor did I feel they understood how difficult it would be to do what their position required, so it became almost embarassing. Because it was conducted over the phone, I had none of the non-verbal clues to address that sooner. Because I had been through several itterations of the organisational unit that they were to set up, I was able to comment on the benefits and pitfalls. Had I known that that is what they were being asked to set up, I doubt that I would have participated in the call, as I had grown to hate the unit because its hands were tied in so many ways and mangement were constantly playing musical chairs whilst ostensibly trying to make the service easier / better / more robust etc... but the structure made that nearly impossible. I really tried to help them and offered to help them in whatever way they needed, but suspect that they wanted someone who didn't quite know the ropes, quite so well.

Interview Question – What difference can you make   View Answer

Principal Solutions Architect Interview

Principal Solutions Architect
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in October 2009.

Interview Details – telephone for initial HR elements, then face to face for technical interview to see where your skills sit within the company

Interview Question – the usual non-technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very limitted

Senior Service Delivery Manager Interview

Senior Service Delivery Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in August 2009.

Interview Details – Joined the company through TUPE. Interview was a 10 minute chat with a Program Lead and HR consultant to map my employment details into their system. The Q&A consisted of me explaining the role I performed and asking for more detail on how this role would fit into the new organisation. As the answer was "we have no idea but give us a few months to figure it out" I realised there was little value in asking further questions regarding the role and concentrated on questions regarding the HR system, appraisals and pay role.

Interview Question – Why is your role being TUPE'd to us when the other Service Owners are staying with the customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as the role was transferred with like for like terms and the options were accept or resign.

Very Easy Interview

SharePoint Engineer Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – For a large organization I was really disappointment at how disorganized they were, the timings were changed three times in 1 day, the address was not correct the interviewer showed up 5 minutes late and in between interviewers I was easily waiting for 10 - 15 min.
I was technically interviewed by a B.A (NOT an Engineer or Developer) who was really impressed with me and even though I had all the qualifications/certifications/degrees and other offers for senior roles, they said they didn't think I was as a senior.
The office looked really nice and the receptionist was very kind, but in all honesty the recruiter couldn't be bothered to go in details as I wasn't a desperate candidate looking for employment.

Interview Question – Why would you write code for Share Point rather than just customize it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Without a technical interview with any technical person they just dreamed up my technical competency, the HR person was very cold and wasn't willing to answer any of my questions. The only thing was the office and the receptionist.

Legal Interview

Legal

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in December 2008.

Interview Details – woefully inadequate for the role I applied for. There was no assessment of my ability to do the job.

Interview Question – Why did you change jobs so many times   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good as I got the salary I wanted but I did not realise they would not give me a pay rise again, otherwise I would have asked for more money!

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was not up to scratch. HR Consultant was very vague, and the Management seemed very rude. Better to think twice about working with this organization since not too many processes are set as yet. There may be a lot of favoritism also. And the work life balance will certainly go for a toss, since the HR section functions as a processing team, rather than a value adding team. Dont expect any support from HR in case of issues.

Interview Questions

Customer Solution Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – First had telephonic technical interview
then face2face again with some one technical
then face2face with some one from the management

Interview Question – details on the kind of project and technology worked on..   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fujitsu Services in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process begins with an online application form followed by an online maths test if your successful. You'll then be invited to a telephone interview followed by an assessment centre that only lasts half a day. The assessment centre consists of a face to face interview, 10 minute presentation and group discussion exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you've improved a process?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation when you've introduced a change which has impacted others?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fujitsu Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fujitsu Services interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fujitsu Services employees and interview candidates.