Fulbright

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fulbright ETA (Indonesia) Interview

Fulbright ETA (Indonesia)
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fulbright in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an application through my university in September. Was interviewed by my coordinator and 2 other judges. Received a favorable review and submitted my application on the website in October. Found out I was a nominated candidate and made it through the first round in mid-January. Received my acceptance letter and offer documents by early March. Left in late August.

Interview Question – 1. What is the GDP per capita in Indonesia?
2. What is the population of Indonesia?
  View Answer

Fulbright ETA Interview

Fulbright ETA
Wooster, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Fulbright in September 2013.

Interview Details – The process involves a written application, with 2 essays (a personal statement and a project proposal), 3 letters of reference, transcripts, short answers, and an on-campus interview. The written part was much more difficult than the other parts. Each university has a set number of students they can recommend after the on-campus interview. I was interviewed by professors that knew me already so I was very comfortable.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging part of your study abroad?   Answer Question

Full Research Fellowship Interview

Full Research Fellowship

I applied through college or university and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Fulbright.

Interview Details – An extensive screening process required by my university, including submitting multiple drafts for editing, interviews, language evaluations, and recommendations. When my proposal was recommended States-side for Russian consideration, I was interviewed over Skype in Russian by Fulbright employee.

Interview Question – The interview was very brief, mostly a language evaluation. However I was asked to describe my project and my motivations in pretty lengthy detail, which took some preparation as it was all in Russian.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

ETA Interview

ETA

Interviewed at Fulbright

Interview Details – Long long process. Be patient.

The first step was to submit the application through my university followed by university interview. When the university decides to recommend you to fulbright they then submitted to Fulbright (October). Next step... WAIT. I waited 3 months to hear I'd been recommended by the US to the country, then another 3-4 months to hear I'd been awarded the grant. Total process started in August and I was informed I received the grant late March.

Next was a full orientation in DC in the summer, and the grant commenced in January. Talk about a long time coming...

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Analyst Trainee Interview

Analyst Trainee
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fulbright in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by an associate on basic questions such as my past experience and why I wanted the position. Then I was interviewed on the phone again by two people, an analyst and a group director. They asked questions related to my region of expertise and tested my know and analysis of policy issues.

Interview Question – Is China's state led capitalism making the economy less efficient?   Answer Question

English Teaching Assistant Interview

English Teaching Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Fulbright in January 2014.

Interview Details – 7-month long application process, + an interview

Interview Question – All questions are pretty straightforward. They are mostly to test your language skills, and have to do with your interest in teaching, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Intern Interview

Intern
Santiago (Chile)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fulbright in August 2013.

Interview Details – Felipe Hidalgo (head of recruitment) conducted the interview.
asked my about myself. Experience with other languages. What did I know about Fulbright?

Interview Question – Asked about why I chose to come to Chile and how I can be of help in Fulbright   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase- received a stipend for lunch.

Scholar Interview

Scholar

Interviewed at Fulbright

Interview Details – Competitive process

Interview Question – Answering questions both in multiple languaeges   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant South East Asia Interview

Teaching Assistant South East Asia

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fulbright.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed by a college representative. It was very smooth. They asked me what my teaching methods would be in the classroom, my experience working with kids, and why I chose the country I did. Those were the biggest questions. I emphasized planning activities that would engage the community in learning more about English and America in general.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was probably what my teaching methods would be.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fulbright in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked about research goals to study and plans for future. About English understanding and adjustment at the new place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was not difficult if you are profi in your area. Check online - How to pass job interview - this is enough

Worked for Fulbright? Contribute to the Community!