Full Sail University Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.1

Admission Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Full Sail University.

Interview

two week process. Met with director..spoke with vice president,and other employees.. had to also submit resume day of interview..They do have you do assignments in order to be promoted to the level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't any.

Admissions Connection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Full Sail University (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was surprised when they didn't treat me like I was being interviewed. It was more like a casual conversation between two hiring managers and myself. Surprising and awesome. I also asked for more pay and they gladly obliged.

Data Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Full Sail University (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The environment of Full sail was really good. The interview was very short, it lasted no more than 15 minutes. The interviewer was very nice. The job was related to use SQL, Tableau, Excel tools and launch the personal interview and focus group to identify the opportunities for Full Sail University.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Full Sail University.

Interview

Team Leads review resumé's and select who they feel are the best candidates. Initial phone interview is conducted and the transcripts are shared with the manager and Team Leads. From here it is decided who will get a face to face interview. Face-to-Face interviews are done panel style with all four Team Leads and the department manager. If the Face-to-Face goes well then you are tasked with the creation of a video telling the team a bit about yourself. In the video you are to use some of the tools you will be asked to support as a team member, i.e. Mac, iMovie, Garageband, CS6, Keynote, etc. You will also be asked to right a summary explaining why you feel you are good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry pay in this position is non-negotiable.

Library Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Full Sail University (Winter Park, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

For this entry-level position, I was contacted within 2-3 weeks of applying for the position, and was asked to participate in a preliminary round of phone interviews. I was immediately emailed a list of potential interview times, and asked to choose two slots that would work with my schedule. The phone interviews were Monday-Thursday morning, and each interview lasted less than 30 minutes. That Friday-Saturday I was emailed an invitation to interview again, in person, the following Monday-Wednesday. I was asked to again choose between two time slots and emailed another confirmation. Everything moved very quickly initially. When I arrived for the interview I spoke with the head librarian and the head of the department. They asked very few questions that were related to the position, and instead, tried to ask me questions about myself and my hobbies. It felt a little unprofessional, and I was a little uncomfortable. After the 30-45 minute interview I was given a tour of the (insanely small) library. I was told that if I was contacted in the next week I would return for a third interview, & if I didn't hear from them, then they had gone in "another direction". A week passed, and I heard nothing, so I started applying for other jobs. After more than 3-4 weeks I was contacted by phone, asking if I was still interested in the position. The head librarian said they never hired anyone. I was emailed a "real" application, & told that I had to drop off a physical copy of an application, and then I would be contacted for the 3rd interview. When I dropped off my application I had hoped to speak to the head librarian, but I wasn't allowed inside the building, which was very odd. I sent a follow-up email to the head librarian the next day, asking if she had received my application, but she never responded. A week went by & I sent another email asking if there was any additional information they needed from me, which was again met with no reply. After 2 more weeks, never having had that 3rd interview, I was sent an email that thanked me for my time and said that they had hired another candidate. All in all, I had a very poor experience interviewing with the "university".

Interview Questions

• The head of the department asked me what types of after-school activities & extra-curricular classes I participated in during high school. As a recent college graduate, that had completed multiple collegiate internships, I wasn't really sure how that was relevant. Full Sail is a liberal arts "university", & I have always been active in fine art and drama, so I thought that would have sufficed, but the man seemed upset that I didn't participate in band or play any instruments. It was very odd.   Answer Question

Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Full Sail University (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone and through email. I never really had to interview for the position as I was more than qualified for it. I know the program director for the department I was applying for so it was very easy to get the process going.

Interview Questions

• Are you a legal resident of the United States?   1 Answer

Online Enrollment Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Full Sail University.

Interview

1) I was contacted a few months after submitting an application online. 2) I was contacted by phone and had an informal phone interview for about 20 min 3) I was asked to come into the office for a formal interview with three managers 4) Interview took about an hour

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room to neg.

Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Full Sail University (Winter Park, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Called in for an Interview, Basic interview questions and explaining the job details. A couple weeks later got called in for work. They did not contact my references, no Drug test and they did do a personality test that I needed to complete before I went in for my interview. Some of my co-workers had two interviews and some where interviewed by two managers at the same time. Interviews were nothing to be stressed about, just look professional and understand basic Financial Aid stuff and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• If the Salary was okay for me, the pay is a lot lower than the pay for this position in other companies, but they hire people with no experience and give you up to a month of training.   Answer Question

Course Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Full Sail University (Winter Park, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviews with staff member, and guest lecture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Admissions Connection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Full Sail University (Winter Park, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was from a recruiter that saw my resume on my college's resume board. I started conversing with them and eventually he forwarded my information to the actual staff. They asked basic questions like what I expected of the position, was I ok with pay and schedule, what are my career aspirations, etc. At that point, I was brought in for an in-person interview with the department director and assistant directors. A few days later, I got the initial verbal offer from the company to which I accepted. I was then given details on the first day/training, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most off the wall/difficult question was "What have other people pointed out as your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no ability to negotiate in this position. The pay is set and they verify multiple times to make sure you're ok with the starting pay.