Full Sail University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Marketing Coordinator Interview

Data Marketing Coordinator
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Full Sail University in June 2014.

Interview Details – The environment of Full sail was really good. The interview was very short, it lasted no more than 15 minutes. The interviewer was very nice. The job was related to use SQL, Tableau, Excel tools and launch the personal interview and focus group to identify the opportunities for Full Sail University.

Winter Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Full Sail University in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was a Skype interview. I applied for numerous positions for almost 2 years before I got my first interview. The on-boarding process after receiving an offer was slow: 2 months.

Interview Question – I did not have any questions that tripped me up or were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time I was unemployed, so I did not attempt to negotiate. My supervisor said the salary offer was firm.

Associate Course Director Interview

Associate Course Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Full Sail University in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied by directly emailing the hiring manager, who I found via a current employee. I was called by a program coordinator who arranged my interview. My interview was fairly laid back, but now that I've worked there for four years, I believe the interviews will vary wildly depending on the department manager. The manager mostly wanted to know about my professional work experience, rather than my education and teaching experience, even though I was interviewing for a teaching position for a Gen Ed class. I later found out that it was because she was interested in me teaching another class that required professional management experience, rather than the Gen Ed class I was applying for. After the verbal interview I had to take a short, very easy grammar test, which I don't think they do anymore. I only had one interview, then about four weeks passed and the department manager called me and told me she wanted to offer me the job, but had to wait for HR approval; she was just checking to see if I was still available. Another two weeks passed, then I got a call from the department manager (on my birthday!) offering me the job. I started two weeks after that.

Interview Question – I was most surprised to be asked about my professional management experience, rather than about my teaching experience and education.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate because I was very desperate for a job. I took what I could get!

Library Technical Assistant Interview

Library Technical Assistant
Winter Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Full Sail University in August 2013.

Interview Details – For this entry-level position, I was contacted within 2-3 weeks of applying for the position, and was asked to participate in a preliminary round of phone interviews. I was immediately emailed a list of potential interview times, and asked to choose two slots that would work with my schedule. The phone interviews were Monday-Thursday morning, and each interview lasted less than 30 minutes. That Friday-Saturday I was emailed an invitation to interview again, in person, the following Monday-Wednesday. I was asked to again choose between two time slots and emailed another confirmation. Everything moved very quickly initially. When I arrived for the interview I spoke with the head librarian and the head of the department. They asked very few questions that were related to the position, and instead, tried to ask me questions about myself and my hobbies. It felt a little unprofessional, and I was a little uncomfortable. After the 30-45 minute interview I was given a tour of the (insanely small) library. I was told that if I was contacted in the next week I would return for a third interview, & if I didn't hear from them, then they had gone in "another direction". A week passed, and I heard nothing, so I started applying for other jobs. After more than 3-4 weeks I was contacted by phone, asking if I was still interested in the position. The head librarian said they never hired anyone. I was emailed a "real" application, & told that I had to drop off a physical copy of an application, and then I would be contacted for the 3rd interview. When I dropped off my application I had hoped to speak to the head librarian, but I wasn't allowed inside the building, which was very odd. I sent a follow-up email to the head librarian the next day, asking if she had received my application, but she never responded. A week went by & I sent another email asking if there was any additional information they needed from me, which was again met with no reply. After 2 more weeks, never having had that 3rd interview, I was sent an email that thanked me for my time and said that they had hired another candidate. All in all, I had a very poor experience interviewing with the "university".

Interview Question – The head of the department asked me what types of after-school activities & extra-curricular classes I participated in during high school. As a recent college graduate, that had completed multiple collegiate internships, I wasn't really sure how that was relevant. Full Sail is a liberal arts "university", & I have always been active in fine art and drama, so I thought that would have sufficed, but the man seemed upset that I didn't participate in band or play any instruments. It was very odd.   Answer Question

Full Sail Online Support Representative Interview

Full Sail Online Support Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Full Sail University.

Interview Details – Team Leads review resumé's and select who they feel are the best candidates. Initial phone interview is conducted and the transcripts are shared with the manager and Team Leads. From here it is decided who will get a face to face interview.

Face-to-Face interviews are done panel style with all four Team Leads and the department manager. If the Face-to-Face goes well then you are tasked with the creation of a video telling the team a bit about yourself. In the video you are to use some of the tools you will be asked to support as a team member, i.e. Mac, iMovie, Garageband, CS6, Keynote, etc. You will also be asked to right a summary explaining why you feel you are good fit for the team.

Interview Question – Level of empathy and patience needs to be high.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry pay in this position is non-negotiable.

Admissions Connection Specialist Interview

Admissions Connection Specialist
Winter Park, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Full Sail University in September 2011.

Interview Details – The initial contact was from a recruiter that saw my resume on my college's resume board. I started conversing with them and eventually he forwarded my information to the actual staff. They asked basic questions like what I expected of the position, was I ok with pay and schedule, what are my career aspirations, etc. At that point, I was brought in for an in-person interview with the department director and assistant directors. A few days later, I got the initial verbal offer from the company to which I accepted. I was then given details on the first day/training, etc.

Interview Question – The most off the wall/difficult question was "What have other people pointed out as your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no ability to negotiate in this position. The pay is set and they verify multiple times to make sure you're ok with the starting pay.

Winter Park, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Full Sail University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very very simple! Went on basic interview and got a callback a few days later.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation unless you have a Ph.D.

Online Enrollment Interview

Online Enrollment

I applied online and interviewed at Full Sail University.

Interview Details – 1) I was contacted a few months after submitting an application online.
2) I was contacted by phone and had an informal phone interview for about 20 min
3) I was asked to come into the office for a formal interview with three managers
4) Interview took about an hour

Interview Question – Very straight foward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room to neg.

Winter Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Full Sail University in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews with staff member, and guest lecture.

Interview Question – Why do you want to teach?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Digital Art & Design Interview

Digital Art & Design
Winter Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Full Sail University in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very smoothly with great respect.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not do one at the time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Full Sail University

Worked for Full Sail University? Contribute to the Community!