Fulton County (Georgia)

www.fultoncountyga.gov

Fulton County (Georgia) Interview Questions

2.8

Planner I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia).

Initial communication past the application submission is through email to set up the first set of interviews. These are short, 30-minute sessions with immediate supervisors. The interview was structured with five questions covering attitude towards team work, what your interests in the job are, etc. Time was given for asking questions at the end of the interview.
    The office is similar to any other office, and dress code appears to by business casual.
    The interviewers were very pleasant, and the structured nature of the interview made it easy to follow.

Interview Questions
    • A question was asked about a mistake made at a previous job and what was done to address it. It would be helpful to have examples on hand for similar questions.   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager/Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fulton County (Georgia).

I submitted and application and personnel department set me a letter and I had a one on one with the Director of the Deptartment .The interviewer knew what to ask to get the best canidate. The questions were pretaining to the job and I was familar with the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • Not dificult but where do yourself in the next five years...in today's life style you really can't say   Answer Question
    No, phase, I knew the position the county and that was that.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia) in April 2013.

Hiring process was drawn out, but once in Atlanta for an interview everyone was relatively nice. Fulton County is not exactly in the best part of Atlanta, so having someone show you around is highly suggested.

Conducted a panel interview for final hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • An almost no- win customer/public service scenario was asked.   View Answer

Salary not quite high enough to take the risk and move a long way. Relocation expenses were generous, but would be reimbursed so I would have had to front all costs

Mental Health Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia).

The interview process was basic. I had 2 interviews. The first interview included 4 managers. After general resume questions, I was given a detailed mental health situation that I was asked to assess, give a diagnostic impression, and complete a treatment plan. It wasn't extremely difficult. The second interview was individual with the health director. She reviewed my resume and we discussed it. She offered me the position but there wasn't an option to negotiate.

None

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia) in June 2012.

The hiring process and interviewinf process seem legitimate when I was hired. After I had been there for a while I noticed the hiring and interviewing process seemed to be focused around the employees that management preferred and liked. Interviews were conducted to look legit.

911 Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia) in January 2012.

A total joke

Management unprofessional

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia) in January 2011.

Submit on line resume and application
    Panel interview

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer to this position that not listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Legislative Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia) in October 2010.

As previous consultant decision was made to attempt to move to an in house position and interview process centered on how to accomplish this and how to assemble a team to perform the tasks prevsiously done by a consuting firm.....Issues included responsibilities, staffing, location, and method of compensation.

Interview Questions
    • How will you go about assembling your team   View Answer
    Difficult because we werr breaking new ground, but most important challenges were to determine just how to implement rather than if to implement.

Database Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia) in March 2010.

Received a letter in the mail to call to confirm attendance on the interview date. Arrived early and I was called in earlier than schedule. Questions range from people skills to technical. Received an offer over the phone and email 2 days later, pending I pass background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a given project. (Providing as much details as possible)   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the job was announced an with fixed salary.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fulton County (Georgia) in September 2008.

Hiring and Interview Process can be very frustrating. To start with, the period between submitting the application, getting an interview and being offered the job will certainly take weeks if not months. Second, in an effort to avoid lawsuits, Fulton County has a panel to interview each employee. They ask the same battery of questions, ask no follow-up questions for additional information, score you and hire you based on that score. It's like a verbal, technical test.

Interview Questions
    • A number of questions regarding the PMI method of Project Management.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation. The notice listed a salary range, but I was told that only the starting salary was used regardless of skills or experience.