Fulton County Schools Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.7

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very tedious, in-depth and time consuming. It literally has 4 stages. You must write and submit a proposal for your first 90 days at a school, if selected interview to go into a pool. The next step will allow you to come in a literally write responses to specific questions and analyze data (1 whole day). After that, you will be called (if you get through that step) to interview for school(s) they feel you would be a good match. Unless, you know someone who knows you, then you can simply be appointed to the job without having to go through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your leadership style and share an incident when you used this particular style?   Answer Question

Teaching Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the online system to set up an over the phone interview and mock lesson. Once I completed the lesson, I asked my interviewer questions on the lesson I had taught and we ended our conversation. About a day later I had received a phone call stating that I had been selected for the teaching applicant pool.

Middle School Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview

Principal interviewed me about my practices and the college I attended. he even asled about my classroom management techniques. once I answered all the questions I was hired on the spot. the AP gave me her number and kept in contact with my in regards to how to get paperwork turned in fof the county.

Pre-K Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmetto, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fulton County Schools (Palmetto, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

The atmosphere seemed tense. The teachers in all grades were being observed every other day. The teachers ( I spoke with 4 teachers unofficially) seemed burned out and frustrated due to the high demands and constant scrutiny.

Interview Questions

• Tell/walk me through a lesson ( doesn't matter which grade) and give me details from the start of the day until the end of the day.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle disruptive children?   Answer Question
    • Tell me some strengths and things you are working on to improve.   Answer Question

Adapted PE Teacher Interview

Application

Interview

A woman called me for an interview. I flew down there and stayed with relatives. They did not pay for my traveling expenses.

Interview Questions

• Two women interviewed me. I don't recall having to answer any difficult or unexpected questions in the interview.   Answer Question

Elementary Teacher Interview

Interview

The interview process was easy. A total of 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you incorporate data to drive instruction? How would you deal with difficult parents?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Potential candidates are interviewed in a panel style committee of 3 to 4 individuals who have an understanding of the position. Each interviewer will ask a predetermined set of questions that the candidate will have an opportunity to answer. The panel will rate each response. For special education positions the interview will also include a case study that the candidate will receive prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly standard. Most difficult portion will be the caseload response as it is weighted heavily in determining the candidates ability to perform the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not an opportunity to negotiate. Salaries are set by the district

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview

Inportant! you have to complete an on-line course and pass the test (costs 50 dollars that you have to pay yourself" before you application will be considered complete. And the deadline to have that done is sometime in June before the school year begins. After that date, they really don't hire new subs until the next year.

The application is extremely long and very detailed. They wanted details that no other employees has ever asked me. For example, not only did they want verification of my college degree , but they want your official transcripts listing all the classes you took.

Another annoying thing is that you are required to email all your former supervisors for all your jobs a long referral form for them to fill out online and send to Fulton County. Until all of them do, then your application is still incomplete. I had two former supervisors who were too busy to want to fill out Fulton County's long online referral form on me . . . and it was awkward for me to have to keep calling them and asking them to do it.

You can go online to check the status of your application at any time, though, and there is a checklist that tells you which sections are considered complete and which ones they are still waiting for information about.

Interview Questions

• There is no interview. If you can pass the class and get the long tedious application process completed, then you will get an email letting you know if you are accepted or not. If you are, then you are given a date to attend a large group orientation seminar and get fingerprinted for your background check. When your background check clears, you get your handy dandy official employee badge with your picture on it. Then you are ready to log into the Substitute Services web site with your employee number and see what sub jobs are available. Then click on the ones you want to take.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fulton County Schools in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was okay. The principal was nice and soft-spoken, but there were a lot of interruptions with the walkie talkie. The front office staff was okay except for one woman in particular. The woman was extremely rule to the children who waited in line to be helped. She was insensitive and rude. It makes you wonder why some kids disrespect adults. I had second thoughts about staying for the interview.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fulton County Schools (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was initially given a phone interview because I lived hours away when I applied. The interview went well, so I was invited to an interview in person. I accepted and had that interview, too. Afterwards, the Assistant Principal told me that she would get back to me once they made a decision and let me know whether or not I would be offered the position. A few days later, I received a phone call from the Principal, and she offered me the teaching position. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall enough about the interview to name the most difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The school system does not negotiate salary. Your salary is based on your years of experience in the position for which you're applying. Teacher salaries for a 2013 beginning teacher start at $40K.