Fulton County Schools

Very Easy Interview

Professional School Counselor Interview

Professional School Counselor
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fulton County Schools in May 2010.

Interview Details – I completed a yearlong internship and was hired by the school that I interned with because they were pleased with my performance. I was fortunate that a position opened up at just the right time.

Interview Question – What is you greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Pre-K Teacher Interview

Pre-K Teacher
Palmetto, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fulton County Schools in January 2014.

Interview Details – The atmosphere seemed tense. The teachers in all grades were being observed every other day. The teachers ( I spoke with 4 teachers unofficially) seemed burned out and frustrated due to the high demands and constant scrutiny.

Interview Questions

• Tell/walk me through a lesson ( doesn't matter which grade) and give me details from the start of the day until the end of the day.   Answer Question
  • How do you handle disruptive children?   Answer Question
  • Tell me some strengths and things you are working on to improve.   Answer Question

Middle School Teacher Interview

Middle School Teacher

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview Details – Principal interviewed me about my practices and the college I attended. he even asled about my classroom management techniques. once I answered all the questions I was hired on the spot. the AP gave me her number and kept in contact with my in regards to how to get paperwork turned in fof the county.

Interview Question – Very Easy   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Adapted PE Teacher Interview

Adapted PE Teacher
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview Details – A woman called me for an interview. I flew down there and stayed with relatives. They did not pay for my traveling expenses.

Interview Question – Two women interviewed me. I don't recall having to answer any difficult or unexpected questions in the interview.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fulton County Schools in August 2013.

Interview Details – Potential candidates are interviewed in a panel style committee of 3 to 4 individuals who have an understanding of the position. Each interviewer will ask a predetermined set of questions that the candidate will have an opportunity to answer. The panel will rate each response. For special education positions the interview will also include a case study that the candidate will receive prior to the interview.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly standard. Most difficult portion will be the caseload response as it is weighted heavily in determining the candidates ability to perform the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not an opportunity to negotiate. Salaries are set by the district

Elementary Teacher Interview

Elementary Teacher

Interviewed at Fulton County Schools

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. A total of 5 questions.

Interview Question – How would you incorporate data to drive instruction? How would you deal with difficult parents?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fulton County Schools in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially given a phone interview because I lived hours away when I applied. The interview went well, so I was invited to an interview in person. I accepted and had that interview, too. Afterwards, the Assistant Principal told me that she would get back to me once they made a decision and let me know whether or not I would be offered the position. A few days later, I received a phone call from the Principal, and she offered me the teaching position. I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – I don't recall enough about the interview to name the most difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The school system does not negotiate salary. Your salary is based on your years of experience in the position for which you're applying. Teacher salaries for a 2013 beginning teacher start at $40K.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher

I applied online and interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview Details – Inportant! you have to complete an on-line course and pass the test (costs 50 dollars that you have to pay yourself" before you application will be considered complete. And the deadline to have that done is sometime in June before the school year begins. After that date, they really don't hire new subs until the next year.

The application is extremely long and very detailed. They wanted details that no other employees has ever asked me. For example, not only did they want verification of my college degree , but they want your official transcripts listing all the classes you took.

Another annoying thing is that you are required to email all your former supervisors for all your jobs a long referral form for them to fill out online and send to Fulton County. Until all of them do, then your application is still incomplete. I had two former supervisors who were too busy to want to fill out Fulton County's long online referral form on me . . . and it was awkward for me to have to keep calling them and asking them to do it.

You can go online to check the status of your application at any time, though, and there is a checklist that tells you which sections are considered complete and which ones they are still waiting for information about.

Interview Question – There is no interview. If you can pass the class and get the long tedious application process completed, then you will get an email letting you know if you are accepted or not. If you are, then you are given a date to attend a large group orientation seminar and get fingerprinted for your background check. When your background check clears, you get your handy dandy official employee badge with your picture on it. Then you are ready to log into the Substitute Services web site with your employee number and see what sub jobs are available. Then click on the ones you want to take.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Professional Assistant II Interview

Professional Assistant II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fulton County Schools in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was okay. The principal was nice and soft-spoken, but there were a lot of interruptions with the walkie talkie. The front office staff was okay except for one woman in particular. The woman was extremely rule to the children who waited in line to be helped. She was insensitive and rude. It makes you wonder why some kids disrespect adults. I had second thoughts about staying for the interview.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Cumming, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fulton County Schools in July 2010.

Interview Details – Walked into room with 4 superiors, 3 not-so pleasant, 1 pleasant. Questions about past projects, where I see myself in the future, and a couple of scenario based questions. After that, taken into a room where I took a computer-based SQL test. Did not hear back from them.

Interview Question – Explain what I would do to make sure a web form was secure.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fulton County Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fulton County Schools interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fulton County Schools employees and interview candidates.