Funcom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Funcom.

Interview Details – HR was great, she was able to ask me a lot of questions and make me feel welcome. Unfortunately, she's no longer with the company as they got rid of HR in general. The manager of the office at the time didn't have too many questions, he seemed unprepared which I was informed that many interviews went that way.

Interview Question – They just want to know what games you play and what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Bilingual Customer Support Representative Interview

Bilingual Customer Support Representative
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Funcom in March 2009.

Interview Details – They must have been particularly desperate for German speaking support reps at the time, because I put in my application and was contacted later that day and asked to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with the assistant manager of CS in German during my phone interview. They offered to fly me to Durham for my next interview where I met the other managers. I was asked to take some translation test that they use for their localization staff, and it was extremely difficult. He told me that he wasn't able to pass it either, and he just wanted to see how good my reading and writing in German was. It must have been acceptable, because they offered me the job.

Interview Question – During the phone interview, I was asked to talk about the last movie I watched (in German), which happened to be Outlander. It is a pretty ridiculous movie. So I felt rather silly talking about it on my phone interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting salary wasn't negotiable, but I got relocation assistance to move to Durham, NC.

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Oslo (Norway)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Funcom.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with HR and one with the producer on the project. Both were conducted well and professionally.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you have a clear expectation on your salary and push for it hard.

Worked for Funcom? Contribute to the Community!