Fund for the Public Interest

Fund for the Public Interest Canvasser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied online, a day after I was called for an interview. They asked me generic questions like why do u want to work here? Where did you hear about us? Why do you think you are a good fit for this position. I got the job right away. It was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fund for the Public Interest

Canvasser Interview

Interview

The process is that have campaigns where they get people to work for these jobs.They schedule to have the interview. There is a second process based on the location of the hometown.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked really simple questions and it seemed to me like they would hire anybody. I didn't take the job due to all of the reviews I've read, but my first warning sign was that they wanted me to memorize verbatim a rap in just a day. It was clear that they would hire anybody, but I was desperate after having my temp job ending just a week before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me asking for an interview. I asked to postpone it and they gave me a number to call for my interview at my own convince. I ended up not calling back, but they gave me another call and set up an interview time. They send you an email to a group of people and have a group information session. Then the director calls everyone individually through skype. I feel as if they hire just about anyone because mine went terribly but they still hired me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what would you do in this situation, what is a current event that you've been following?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

After a phone call, they scheduled an interview within two business days. They want to hire people very quickly, and heavily push recruiting. For example, they will try to get friends' names and phone numbers during your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

You will be given a sales pitch from an experiences salesperson on why the company is so great and all of the work that they do to help save the world. They will repeatedly lie to you during the interview process about the job hours, pay, and satisfaction. The interview was cake because they are desperate for employees and love preying on naive college students.

Canvasser Interview

Interview

Easy, they hire almost anyone. They work on really cool campaigns but sometimes canvassing can get difficult so be prepared for what you are getting yourself into. It is a quick way to earn some extra money if you need a part time job

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call the next evening to come in for an interview over the next two days. Went in and spoke with one of the directors and that was it.

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

Apply online via Craigslist, Indeed, Glass Door, etc. They will call you within a day, set up an interview, hire you on the spot, and have you start the next day, most likely. You do an observation day, which is half-paid with an unpaid training session at the beginning of the day. If you do well, you will have the opportunity to quickly pursue leadership opportunities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, compensation structure is set.

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and focused around your ability communicate. They want to know what you know about the campaigns that they are currently running. They also want to discuss the requirements of the position, for instance: must be able to work at least twice a week for 8 hour shifts and average raising a certain amount of funds that night. They must average out for the week to meet a certain requirement or be put on probation. After two weeks of failing to meet requirements you may be let go.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused about the current issues that the group was canvassing for and what information you already know about the topic.   Answer Question