Fund for the Public Interest

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.1

Canvasser Interview

Easy, they hire almost anyone. They work on really cool campaigns but sometimes canvassing can get difficult so be prepared for what you are getting yourself into. It is a quick way to earn some extra money if you need a part time job

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in November 2014.

Initial Phone Interview went well, followed by a skype interview which did not occur (was waiting for incoming video chat for 15 minutes) it turns out I was scheduled to be interviewed by someone who was on vacation. the reschedule for the skype interview also did not occur

Unprofessionalism, disorganization, unsuitable working conditions, meager wage, workplace hazards

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

3 interviews total, first one was on the phone, second and third one in-person. The interviewers were fairly nice, laid back. Not overly difficult, mostly behavioral questions, nothing too technical. Key is to have a great personality shine.

Interview Questions
    • Which activist do you aspire to be and how would you accomplish this goal.   Answer Question
    Cannot negotiate

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Easiest interview ever, they hire pretty much anyone who walks through the door because they're so desperate for anyone to stay for more than a week. Any college graduate pretty much gets "promoted" (read: total demotion) to a director.

Canvasser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Applied online, got a phone call the next evening to come in for an interview over the next two days. Went in and spoke with one of the directors and that was it.

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in August 2014.

Came in, talked about environmental causes and read a script. That was it. Nothing more. Tried to convince me there was some job growth or reasoning to apply myself here. I applied myself. Was fired for monitoring the number of voicemails vs. actual people being spoken to do articulate why my results were low. Can't win with these guys.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, just told to be a mindless drone and pressure people for money.   Answer Question
    None. Minimum wage regardless of college degree or experience.

Canvasser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Apply online via Craigslist, Indeed, Glass Door, etc. They will call you within a day, set up an interview, hire you on the spot, and have you start the next day, most likely. You do an observation day, which is half-paid with an unpaid training session at the beginning of the day. If you do well, you will have the opportunity to quickly pursue leadership opportunities.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, compensation structure is set.

Canvasser Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

The interview was very laid back and focused around your ability communicate. They want to know what you know about the campaigns that they are currently running. They also want to discuss the requirements of the position, for instance: must be able to work at least twice a week for 8 hour shifts and average raising a certain amount of funds that night. They must average out for the week to meet a certain requirement or be put on probation. After two weeks of failing to meet requirements you may be let go.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were focused about the current issues that the group was canvassing for and what information you already know about the topic.   Answer Question

Canvesser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in June 2014.

I was scheduled for an interview at 11:30 am. When I arrived at the office I found myself seated with about 10 other people. The director for the location took each of our names and where we attend school, then gave us a run down of what the job was and the cause that was being promoted at the moment. Afterwards each of us were interviewed separately.

Interview Questions
    • It was unexpected when they asked me about a potential "on the job" question. They asked "what would you say to a person that asks why they should join because their vote doesn't matter anyway?"   Answer Question

Door to Door Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in June 2014.

The hiring/interview process was very unorganized. The organization did not inform on a dress code for coming for the interview. I came dressed in business professional attire. The company also constantly called my telephone begging me to get an interview without really not too much further investigation about my previous experience. The company responded very desperately.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are very easy. "Gave me the job" right off back.   Answer Question