Furniture Row Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Selma, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Furniture Row (Selma, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with selling I've got 10 years and still didn't get hired. I got a lot of car business skills and plus the quality of people look like the rejects so if anyone is considering furniture row just go ahead and pass you can do better

Interview Questions

• Are my parents still married. Do you have any kids. What does integrity mean to you. Who are your role models. Whole process is screwed up   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

This is a three interview process, which can take some time depending on if the regional manager is readily available or not. The interviews focus more on your personality and character, they hire for attitude and potential more than experience or ability.

Interview Questions

• What's the worst thing you ever did where you didn't get caught?
      Tell me the story of you.

1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. It's 100% commission and you will be getting treated just like everyone else, new hire or 10 year veteran. There's a lot to be said in favor of that!

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Very detailed process to make sure you are a great fit. Explained up front what is expected as a new hire and requirements for advancement. Noting hidden during the process and all questions answered directly.

Negotiation

NA

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Very involved, 2-3 step interview. The interviewers are trained to ask leading questions that make you feel somewhat cornered. They seem to have a pre-determined suspicion about you and are trying to get you to confirm that suspicion, but they do it with a smile and a story about themselves to try and trap you. Weird.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you smoked pot?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Furniture Row (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Three interviews. Assistant Manager, Sales Manager, and Reg. Manager. The interviews were all very comfortable and relaxed. They wanted to get to know me and not just my qualifications. They wanted to make sure I fit the culture of the company. The interview proccess felt smooth and effortless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotioation needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

3 interview process. You go through the manager, then assistant, then regional manager. The company wants to learn if you have the personality to sell, and how you are at building relationships in your life. There will also be questions on drug history and driving record. The key thing is just be honest, don't try to hide anything and you will be fine.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. George, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Furniture Row (St. George, UT).

Interview

Asked a lot of very personal questions that didn't seem to have anything to do with my employment capabilities

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - 100% commision

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Furniture Row (Corona, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was recently interviewed by Furniture Row and asked:

Questions about why my parents' divorce
    Questions about my roommates and what they do for a living
    Questions about my landlord, his name, his career, and what he thinks of me
    Questions about my siblings, their marital status, and their careers
    Questions about my marital status

If you look up Furniture Row on glassdoor.com, there are a lot of other complaints from people who were asked ILLEGAL questions during their interviews.

Why does Furniture Row continue to ask inappropriate and illegal interview questions? What can I do to report this company to the appropriate government agency or pursue legal action?

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain why my parents got divorced. This was "difficult" and "unexpected" mostly because it was wildly inappropriate.   1 Answer

Creepy and shady interview process. Company sends out private investigators to interrogate your friends, family, landlord, etc. Morally reprehensible.

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Furniture Row in January 2014.

Interview

Completely different than any other place you've interviewed, that's guaranteed. They ask you super personal questions that kind of catch you off guard, even though they warn you before it starts. They're interested in who you are, not necessarily your work experience. You could have a PHD but if your personality is wrong for the job, you won't get hired. There's no wrong answers or anything like that. Just be honest, for your own good and theirs as well. You'll have 3 different interviews: Store, assistant, and regional manager. It took a while.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating, you get paid for what you sell. 5%,6%, up to 7% commission. Or you 7i, which means you didn't sell much that week and 40hrs of $7.25 minimum wage would exceed your crappy commission.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Ok just very long and kinda invasive

Interview Questions

• They ask alot about drugs and criminal activity. We are trained to ask these a certain way so they are legal but easily can be viewed as illegal   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none