Furniture Row

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Sales Manager Trainee

I applied through other source and interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview Details – Very detailed process to make sure you are a great fit. Explained up front what is expected as a new hire and requirements for advancement. Noting hidden during the process and all questions answered directly.

Negotiation Details – NA

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview Details – Very involved, 2-3 step interview. The interviewers are trained to ask leading questions that make you feel somewhat cornered. They seem to have a pre-determined suspicion about you and are trying to get you to confirm that suspicion, but they do it with a smile and a story about themselves to try and trap you. Weird.

Interview Question – When was the last time you smoked pot?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview Details – Three interviews. Assistant Manager, Sales Manager, and Reg. Manager. The interviews were all very comfortable and relaxed. They wanted to get to know me and not just my qualifications. They wanted to make sure I fit the culture of the company. The interview proccess felt smooth and effortless.

Interview Question – The questions are simple and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotioation needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview Details – 3 interview process. You go through the manager, then assistant, then regional manager. The company wants to learn if you have the personality to sell, and how you are at building relationships in your life. There will also be questions on drug history and driving record. The key thing is just be honest, don't try to hide anything and you will be fine.

Interview Question – Who was your third grade teacher?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
St. George, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview Details – Asked a lot of very personal questions that didn't seem to have anything to do with my employment capabilities

Interview Question – If my parents are still married...?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - 100% commision

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Sales Manager Trainee
Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Furniture Row in May 2013.

Interview Details – Best interview ever. They really get to know you. 3 hour final interview. 3 different interviews with store and assistant managers and final with district. Most like a conversation and not a boring interview.

Interview Question – All difficult. Honest questions and expect honest answers. Looking for integrity and open people. No recent drugs history and no violence in your background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not a negotiation phase. Company pays the same for everyone.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Corona, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Furniture Row in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was recently interviewed by Furniture Row and asked:

Questions about why my parents' divorce
Questions about my roommates and what they do for a living
Questions about my landlord, his name, his career, and what he thinks of me
Questions about my siblings, their marital status, and their careers
Questions about my marital status

If you look up Furniture Row on glassdoor.com, there are a lot of other complaints from people who were asked ILLEGAL questions during their interviews.

Why does Furniture Row continue to ask inappropriate and illegal interview questions? What can I do to report this company to the appropriate government agency or pursue legal action?

Interview Question – Asked to explain why my parents got divorced. This was "difficult" and "unexpected" mostly because it was wildly inappropriate.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Creepy and shady interview process. Company sends out private investigators to interrogate your friends, family, landlord, etc. Morally reprehensible.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Furniture Row in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total. 2 with store management and final with regional manager. They focus heavily on family life because they are looking for good quality people. If you aren't caring for your family then most likely you aren't caring for customers and employees. Be prepared to talk about your personal life for 30-45 minutes.

They are a drug free work environment. You can't have any drug use within one year if you're younger and 3 years if older. You have to be 100% against drug use. They will ask if a friend is doing it around you what would you do and they expect you to say leave or ask them to.

They do a very in depth back ground check (court ordered-look it up) if you don't disclose something they will fire you once they receive the background check.

I was a former hiring manager.

Interview Question – I wasn't expecting to discuss my family so much.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview Details – Ok just very long and kinda invasive

Interview Question – They ask alot about drugs and criminal activity. We are trained to ask these a certain way so they are legal but easily can be viewed as illegal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Easy Interview

Salesperson Interview

Salesperson
Peoria, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Furniture Row in April 2013.

Interview Details – There is a 3-interview process: first with the manager, then with the assistant manager, and then with the regional manager. Each of them ask you pretty much exactly the same questions. The purpose of the interview is not to see if you are well-qualified for the job. The average person is already qualified in the sense of having the intellect and ability to speak. There are two purposes for the interviews: a) for the company to find out about your character because the company values that more than anything and to b) have you understand the heart of the company. I spent a good hour with my regional manager telling him about myself as a person, hearing his story, and then a bit of the logistical stuffs.

Interview Question – Tell me the story of (your name).   View Answer

Worked for Furniture Row? Contribute to the Community!