Furniture Row

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Trainee

I applied through other source and interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview Details – Very detailed process to make sure you are a great fit. Explained up front what is expected as a new hire and requirements for advancement. Noting hidden during the process and all questions answered directly.

Negotiation Details – NA

Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Furniture Row in May 2013.

Interview Details – Best interview ever. They really get to know you. 3 hour final interview. 3 different interviews with store and assistant managers and final with district. Most like a conversation and not a boring interview.

Interview Question – All difficult. Honest questions and expect honest answers. Looking for integrity and open people. No recent drugs history and no violence in your background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not a negotiation phase. Company pays the same for everyone.

Very Easy Interview

Kennewick, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Furniture Row in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. they are trying to eliminate you, i know, i did them. they are looking for 0 drug history, 0 tolerance, you will be fired if you lie. they are also looking for a wholesome background with solid relationships with someone in your life. answer the questions honestly and be genuine, or you won't get hired if they feel like you're hiding something. they don't care what you have done for work history, they care who you are. unless you've worked in a bar or been a car salesman, they generally stay away from them. the rest really doesnt matter as long as you're willing to work hard and a good person.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible. as a sales person you get 5% of sales up to 30k/month, 6% for 30k-50k/month and 7% for everything over. you also get 5$ for a credit approval, or anywhere from 9$ - 200$ for product warranties, usually 20-30$ per. I think as an assistant manger you then also get 0.4% of whatever the total store volume is if I remember right and 0.6% as store manager, anywhere from 1.5 mil for a small store to 10 mil for a larger. $12,500$ upon full store manager promotion usually a 1.5-5 year deal depending mostly on you.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Trainee

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Furniture Row in July 2010.

Interview Details – you first interview with the store manager than the assistant manager and the final interview is with the regional manager. The main focus is personality and availability for transfer.

Interview Questions

Sales Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Furniture Row in April 2010.

Interview Details – There are supposed to be 3 separate interviews for the job position. These were all very invasive and creepy very personal kind of questions and I'm sure many of them are illegal to ask. I was offered a job however this is a commision only and if you want to move up in the company, you have to move multiple times.

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because of the way the pay structure was set up, the lack of good benefits.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Furniture Row

Worked for Furniture Row? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Furniture Row Sales Manager Trainee interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Furniture Row employees and interview candidates.