Fusion Partners

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fusion Partners in May 2010.

After posting my resume on Monster.com they called me the next day saying that I fit what they were looking for. This conversation ended up being about half-an-hour and consisted of asking me about what I want to do in the next 5 years, personal history, and ALOT of questions about other places I am looking. It seemed like we talked about my other interviews more than we talked about the position.

Then came the first face-to-face interview, where I essentially was asked all the same questions in a different order. He always ended up talking about my other interviews and people that he has recently hired. I declined to talk about them but he eventually asked me enough times that I told him just to get the questions to stop.

Then came the "field day" which was the real eye-opener. This unpaid day started at 9:00 and started with me going into the office to meet with a regional manager. I then got into his car with him and we went to a closing meeting, in which you could tell the company wasn't really interested in their services. After the meeting we drove about a mile, saw a random business park in the middle of no where, and he decided to stop. We then went door-to-door COMPLETELY cold and asked if they needed Fusion's services. Pretty much every ended up telling us they don't ship anything and that could be attributed to the fact that we have no idea what these businesses do. This last from 10:00 to 4:00, going door-to-door in random business parks handing out business cards and receiving no positive input.

Interview Questions

After seeing what he does on a daily basis, cold-calling door-to-door I never wanted to do this another day of my life, especially for a bad business model.

Worked for Fusion Partners? Contribute to the Community!