Fusion Systems Japan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Infrastructure Engineer

Interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan

Interview Details – Tech criteria (skills and experience)
Manager is a super confident and able Senior Engineer, articulate with the details, his experiences and is capable of great depth when talking of all manner of technology. He gave terrific account of methodologies: approach, design and implementation form things as varied as setting up 17km distant dedicated networks, to (building) buildings, power and dealing with government organizations. He is a devoted problem solver. He has deep and fluent understanding of process control/management. He is ITLS savvy. He lectures on many of topics of his expertise! He listened well, answered questions well and was able to construct open-ended responses on the fly. His certifications speak for themselves but more than that, his narrative on how he puts it all to use is insightful, inspiring and a pleasure to listen to. He is a technical ace.
Maturity (character and communication skills)
Sincere, eager and experienced, he has had a colorful career. He is confident, open, super, super personable and friendly. He gave many accounts of how he applied his savvy from past experience. He is strongly bilingual and clearly very driven. He is nearer the top end of Senior Consultant. He totally “gets” the big picture, his company’s needs, the service challenges, the growth opportunities. He has managed large and highly complicated and (way!) out of the box situations, projects, problems and people.
Job specific savvy (Client facing skills)
He is a capable, dependable sort and I could see the team feed off a personalized (FS) training course and utilizing his teaching skills. Business Development and strategic consulting are a domain he could well help us cultivate too. A please to talk with.

Account Executive/Project Manager Interview

Account Executive/Project Manager

Interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan

Interview Details – At first, I had interview with a Partner who didnt much about their competitors. He asked me a few technical questions, very simple ones.
The second interview was with their R&D head. It was quite simple and I wasnt impress by the guy. He was also selling me some possible positions which I could take. So, already made me believe that I will be in.
He mentioned that the HR will contact me the following week which didnt happen. After I discussed with their partner about salary, package, I was too high for them even though my expectation is within the market.

They have a great products, but expensive and stale business. Not good business model.

Interview Question – quite simple questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by another employee. After hearing the partner go on for hours about how great the company is, and how stupid I would be not to take the job, I told him I would think about about it and let him know later. He totally low balled me on my salary and offered a figure comparable to what I was receiving at my first IT job 10 years earlier, to which I whole heatedly decline.

He then tried to humiliate me by repeatedly asking my why I though I was worth so much, to which I kept answering that it was my current market value for a person with my skill set.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions other than, "when can you start"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I contacted that partner later to decline the offer stating that the salary was much too low. Afterwards, he left several messages and emailed me several times asking what's the "minimum" I would take to accept the position. I gave him a figure that was significantly less than what I was paid at my previous job, but said that he would pad it with an annual bonus that brought it up to about what I was making previously. Additionally, he made false promises of a leadership role at a "successful client site" which really turned out to be a hornet's nest of relationship issues with the client and Fusion Systems.

I eventually accepted the position only to learn that we were obligated to pay our own transportation expenses which is extremely unusual for a company in Japan. Furthermore. the annual bonus that was promised to me was paid only for the first year, and so my second year income was significantly less. When I confronted the partner about this, he categorically denied any mention of a bonus payment beyond the first year, but then made up some story about how the CEO was upset that he had made such a promise, and not having enough income to cover it even if he wanted to.

If you are really desperate for an IT job and have very little skills, Fusion will hire you. Just note that you will be paid a salary that you can barely live on. All you have to do is just agree to whatever the partners sling at you.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with multiple managers. Met with CEO. 90% of the interviews were not interviews. Instead of questions, I was forced to listen to manager's describing their greatness. There is no rhyme or reason to what happens in an interview. Some get technical interviews. Just depends of who the interviewer is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Don't listen to the "prove yourself and then we'll pay you more" nonsense. Don't listen to how "tight" things are nonsense. Given the number of employees who have left recently, the company can afford to pay you...but they won't.

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Tokyo (Japan)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer the Sales Manager and Partner would talk nonsensically and then ask you about a sales cycle he is familiar with. He would go off on a tangent big time and then realize what he has done, ask you what the real topic was and then if you don't know berate you for not following the conversation.

He will ask many many questions where there is only one answer he is thinking of and you HAVE to get that correct - even if there are multiple answers. Its like a frustrating quiz show.

The second interview was another partner and was a roleplay about a workplace situation it was fun and useful albeit short.

Interview Question – Do you think cold calling is a good idea?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got a little bit more but the excuse was they don't like to pay people salary's to live on but encourage people to

Worked for Fusion Systems Japan? Contribute to the Community!