Fusion Systems Japan

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by another employee. After hearing the partner go on for hours about how great the company is, and how stupid I would be not to take the job, I told him I would think about about it and let him know later. He totally low balled me on my salary and offered a figure comparable to what I was receiving at my first IT job 10 years earlier, to which I whole heatedly decline.

He then tried to humiliate me by repeatedly asking my why I though I was worth so much, to which I kept answering that it was my current market value for a person with my skill set.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions other than, "when can you start"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I contacted that partner later to decline the offer stating that the salary was much too low. Afterwards, he left several messages and emailed me several times asking what's the "minimum" I would take to accept the position. I gave him a figure that was significantly less than what I was paid at my previous job, but said that he would pad it with an annual bonus that brought it up to about what I was making previously. Additionally, he made false promises of a leadership role at a "successful client site" which really turned out to be a hornet's nest of relationship issues with the client and Fusion Systems.

I eventually accepted the position only to learn that we were obligated to pay our own transportation expenses which is extremely unusual for a company in Japan. Furthermore. the annual bonus that was promised to me was paid only for the first year, and so my second year income was significantly less. When I confronted the partner about this, he categorically denied any mention of a bonus payment beyond the first year, but then made up some story about how the CEO was upset that he had made such a promise, and not having enough income to cover it even if he wanted to.

If you are really desperate for an IT job and have very little skills, Fusion will hire you. Just note that you will be paid a salary that you can barely live on. All you have to do is just agree to whatever the partners sling at you.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Consultant Interview

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with multiple managers. Met with CEO. 90% of the interviews were not interviews. Instead of questions, I was forced to listen to manager's describing their greatness. There is no rhyme or reason to what happens in an interview. Some get technical interviews. Just depends of who the interviewer is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Don't listen to the "prove yourself and then we'll pay you more" nonsense. Don't listen to how "tight" things are nonsense. Given the number of employees who have left recently, the company can afford to pay you...but they won't.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fusion Systems Japan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fusion Systems Japan Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Fusion Systems Japan employees and interview candidates.