Fusion-io Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fusion-io in October 2012.

Very professional HR and Extremely Unprofessional Technical Team.

They showed up at the career fair and after handing out my resume I was interviewed at the career booth itself for half an hour. 2 hours later I was at their office for a 2nd round. Then one week later I was called back for 4 more rounds. Each round was supposed to be with 2 members from each team. In the 1st round only one guy showed up. Apparently the 2nd guy was too busy with work. My 2nd round was coding round on a video conference call, without any online shared workspace to showcase my idea/code. It was a complete disaster as I kept making gestures in thin air trying to explain my idea. My 3rd round was even worse as nobody showed up for more than half an hour. After contacting the HR it was found that the interviewer was on vacation. So they hurried some other guy who had no idea who I was and never even seen my resume. He was cordial but wasn't prepared for an interview. The 4 round lasted only 15 mins (each was supposed to be 45 mins) as we ran out of time.

Either way, I still gave them the benefit of the doubt as this type of behavior is unheard of and maybe it was one of those days at the company. I was told they would get back to me in a couple of days. It has been over 2 weeks. I have sent a couple of followup emails but haven't received any kind of response from anyone. I am assuming I am rejected but communicating that rejection by not responding to emails or not calling at all is just wroong on so many levels.

Hardware Specialist At Salt Lake City Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fusion-io in September 2012.

It took 3 interviews for this position. First interview was the phone interview with hiring manager. Second interview was onsite interview with hiring manager and two people from his team. One person asked a lot of quesitons - anaylyzing unfamiliar schematics, testing PC power supply, using multimeter and oscilloscope, etc. Second person was unable to explain his role and working background. Third interview was condicted by technician. He also asked to few components on PCBA, using schematics and to measure crystal oscyllator frequency, using oscilloscope. From interviews and candidates selection I understood that technical expertise and knowledge was not the main criteria, and some other factors were used to select candidates, and it was not beneficial for this department. When I asked to provide feedback about my performance - I received very positive feedback after the first interview ( 7-8 on 10 scale, where the 10 is maximum). When I received hiring decision and asked for the feedback, I received feedback that I have insufficient competency in area of OS and server- specific architechture, that I never was tested.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fusion-io in May 2012.

Phone interview with the VP of engineering and then was flown out to talk with various people in the company. I spoke with the key hardware and software guys who were just interested in making sure I was competent, they asked basic programming questions, nothing too crazy. Mostly the interviewers wanted to make sure I would fit in the company and was relatively self directed.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard questions, it was mostly a get to know you interview.   Answer Question
    It took a little while for the recruiter to get information back to me because it was near Memorial day, and the negotiation took a little while because it has to go through senior management due to how small the company is. That being said they offered me more than I asked for so there wasn't a whole lot of negotiation, but it required CEO sign-off so it was just more time consuming than other companies.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fusion-io in October 2010.

I saw a posting on a local Unix users mailing list and sent my contact info to the poster. I was quickly contacted by an HR staffer who put me in touch with the hiring manager. We had a brief lunch meeting at a local restaurant (the hiring manager, the HR staffer, and I). This was followed by a half-day interview cycle with four engineers and the VP in charge of the group. An offer was extended within two weeks of the initial contact.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle extraction of statistical data from the output of a large opaque system?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate compensation and a mechanism to handle health care coverage during the interim period between my previous employer's plan and the delayed start of the new employer's plan coverage. In general, the company seemed quite able to meet my requests.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fusion-io in September 2009.

Technical phone screen, then on-site interviews with 4 or 5 team members and manager. Asked a variety of questions about UVM, SystemVerilog, verification planning, debugging, past projects, etc. People were nice and I could tell they were smart and would be fun to work with.

Interview Questions
    They were fairly tough on negotiations. Salary offer was good and I got a little more out of them. Relocation benefits were a little less than stellar. Would not negotiate on stock at all, but it was cool they even offered any (not many places doing that anymore, seems like).

Director of Sales Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fusion-io in April 2009.

I had past experience working with my Manager. He had a need and he knew I could fill it. I did a basic one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you had someone ask you a question regarding Linux OS what would you do?   View Answer
    None...I was unemployed, the salary was acceptable and I wanted to work.