Future Electronics

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Advocate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Future Electronics in August 2014.

1. Submitted a General/Open Resume on the website.
    2. A local office HR added me on LinkedIn.
    3. HR phoned and conducted brief phone interview explaining the job and wanted to know if I was interested or not.
    4. HR called for in-person interview with him in his office.

5. Do not know the next step.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. Which was the biggest mistake you made in life and what did you learn from it?
      Q2. If you had a chance to dine with one person living or dead. Who would it be and what will be your first question to him?
        Answer Question

Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Electronics.

Interviewed by HR, very positive experience. Very nice person in HR.
    Interviewed by Sales Manager, surprisingly rude and uninterested.
    Focused on sale experience.
    Group interview.
    Simple.. they don't ask tough questions. The simply ask about your previous profiles and your job aspirations. Most of the time during their interview process, they will boast about their company and ethics. They will also say that they don't believe in fixed salary structure, and you will earn great through their incentives. However, after joining them, you will find that that all was bogus.

Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Future Electronics.

Group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Selling yourself in front of other prospective employees.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Marketing Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Future Electronics.

Fairly straightforward. Many common general questions. I met with HR and went upstairs to immediately meet with the Managers

I didn't negotiate.

Territory Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Future Electronics in June 2013.

Interviews are brutal consisting of more than 3 interviews with different people. They will ask for 6 references and are very rude when calling them. They will also interview your references in a way only the CIA will interview a criminal. Please advice your references.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Future Electronics.

Future keeps contacting me every six months to meet me for a senior executive job, and eveytime they contact me they want to meet me, discuss the position and see my interest and every time I get the same following, my candidacy is not suitable but every six months since 2 years they keep calling. I alway meet with an interviewer who screen me, a good two hours meeting with some basic behavioral question that would be more suitable for McDonald's then send her report to the HR Director who decides if yes or no they continue with my case. So far, 4 out of 4 they did not.

Product Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Future Electronics in May 2011.

First contact was through the obvious phone interview. Then I came in for a group interview with about 5 other people. We were all asked to describe ourselves and then our work experience. About 4 hours later they called and offered me the job. I don't think they hire this way as much for marketers, they were in a bit of a hiring spree at the time.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any of the usual. They just wanted me to describe me   Answer Question
    No negotiation on vacation or benefits. I was able to get about 4k more on my salary. The HR recruiters are very nice and make the process pretty easy.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Electronics in February 2011.

They called and asked me some questions over the phone and said they would call back if I get called for an interview. After getting called back and going to the interview, I was offered to meet with the programmer heads, which I did. I then went for a third interview with the VP of web development. The interviewing process is pretty long, they ask alot of questions to see if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem with overtime?   View Answer
    • They want to know if you can handle Unix/Oracle on Convergia's side of the company and Windows/MS SQL for the Future Electronics side   View Answer

The company offered an unacceptable salary, not to mention they wanted the position to take care of Future Electronics and Convergia (a sister company). In essence you get more work and less pay. The most unappealing factor is the reviews on this site, three friends who discouraged me to work there and the fact that they jumped from offering 42k to 45k in 30 mins, then jumped to 50k two days later. They're obviously looking to squeeze as much as they can from their employees.

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Future Electronics in December 2010.

The interview was in four steps. Between each step there was a significant amount of preparation that was required. You were expected to come with a presentation.

1st - Phone with HR
    2nd - in Office with HR and Section Head
    3rd - in Office with Section Head, Internet Designer, and VP
    4th - in Office with another VP

The interview process is very good and the people there are obviously very smart and ask a lot of good questions. Company seems interested in ideas, however does not call back after the 4th interview.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Future Electronics in December 2009.

Very basic questions about previous working experiences.