Future Shop

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.3

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Future Shop.

i did the online application and then a week after i got a call for an interview

Entertainment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in December 2012.

Applied online via Future Shop website and received a call back from HR a few days later. They asked why I wanted to work there, what I had to offer, an example of a past customer service experience, and what other departments I'd be willing to work if I couldn't get hired for original department. I passed the phone interview, and the lady offered me an in-person interview with the GM of the store. I went for the in-person interview the following week and answered similar questions to the phone interview, plus a sales question and how I would help customers during Boxing Day "madness".The GM said he would be in contact with me within the week if they wanted to move forward with my application. Three days later I got a call back from the Book Keeper at the store, and I got confirmation I got the job and to come in the next day to fill out some HR paper work.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation. Minimum wage, no commission for entertainment department; other than PSP's and PRP's.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in November 2012.

I originally applied online for a seasonal sales associate position, a week or so later I got a call from a recruiter from the store. She asked if I was available for a phone interview and I said yes. The questions were very standard job interview questions, she asked about my previous experience, and what I would do if I saw an employee stealing. When the interview was done she said to wait a week to hear back from the store. I waited the week and no one called, so I called them and was told the hiring manager would get back to me and she did in the same day. I got a second, in-person interview with the store's general manager. The interview went very quick, mainly because I previously worked for Best Buy so I had been trained already. There were questions about my previous jobs again, my availability, why I wanted to work for Future Shop and so on. He thanked me for the interview and said he'd get back to me in a week after he interviewed other candidates. In a week, I once again did not get a call so I called them, I spoke to the general manager and he said he was about to call me to offer me a position in the cell phone department. The important thing is to be professional and really demonstrate your interpersonal skills in the interviews since you'll need to be really social in this job. And call them if they didn't call you, don't just assume you didn't get the job, sometime the store is just busy and they couldn't find the spare time to get back to you right away.

Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Future Shop in October 2012.

Applied online dealt with hr by email up until interview with GM basic sales interview based on past sales experience and asked to role play sale of a specific item

Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Future Shop in October 2012.

Had one interview. Was with the general manager. Was very casual felt just like a conversation with a few general questions about integrity. Felt like I had the job by the end of it. They called me back the day after to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you steal a product if you had the chance? What would you do if you caught a coworker stealing?   Answer Question
    No negotiation since the majority of pay is commission based.

Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in September 2012.

Phone interview, then 2nd interview with one of the three managers, then onto a third interview with the remaining managers. Dress code must clean and clear, must dress formal, as a business nature.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Future Shop in September 2012.

The interview was so rushed. They really needed a CSR, so they basically asked a bunch of questions and didn't even give me a chance to answer most of them. They didn't seem to care that I didn't have time to answer any questions due to their speed and basically only hired me because I had previous experience on the till.

Interview Questions
    • Asking what I had gone out of my way to do for a customer   Answer Question

Cellular Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Future Shop in September 2012.

I was recruited from another multi carrier cellphone shop.

Computer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in August 2012.

They only hire via online applications when they need to do a mass hiring. Otherwise they try to hire via referrals. I walked in, right up to the Department Sales Manager, had a few words with him about my interests and within 5 minutes he walked me over to the customer service desk and made photocopies of my sales awards and resume. He asked me if I could come in the next morning for my next interview. My first interview with the Department Sales Manger was the most mechanical and awkward as it included robotic questions such as "Have you ever been in situation A? If yes, what did you do to resolve it?". My second interview was with the Store Manager himself. His interview was comfortable - This is deliberate as he wants to have a normal conversation with you to get a good reading on who you actually are as a human being. This was extraordinarily refreshing. The process took ~14 days but would have been ~7 days quicker but I had just immigrated to Canada and all my references were U.S. phone numbers so it was difficult for them to make contact at the right time (3-4 hour time difference).

Interview Questions
    • Standard affair for interview questions. The 1st interview is to see how you handle yourself under pressure. The 2nd interview is a get-to-know-you session.   Answer Question
    Pay - I set a price and explained why it was a fair answer. They actually looked at my case and gave me more than I asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in July 2012.

There was a phone interview, then the first interview with a manager and then the second interview with the store manager