Future Shop Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

Only had two interviews, phone then in person. All general questions like, why you want to work here, give me a example where you provided good customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

Quick phone interview with basic questions (current job/why you want out/why you want to work at Future Shop) followed by an in-store. Only question asked was to give an example of somewhere you've made a mistake, what you did to fix it, and what you learned. Interview starts with "tell me about yourself" and during they want to know how you would upsell a customer.

Interview Questions

• How would you upsell an iPod?   1 Answer

Entertainment Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

i was promoted from within

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Did the online interview, than received a phone call two days later where they asked basic questions. After answering a few questions they scheduled me for a 1 0n 1 with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a fellow employee not like you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Future Shop (Dartmouth, NS (Canada)).

Interview

i did the online application and then a week after i got a call for an interview

Entertainment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online via Future Shop website and received a call back from HR a few days later. They asked why I wanted to work there, what I had to offer, an example of a past customer service experience, and what other departments I'd be willing to work if I couldn't get hired for original department. I passed the phone interview, and the lady offered me an in-person interview with the GM of the store. I went for the in-person interview the following week and answered similar questions to the phone interview, plus a sales question and how I would help customers during Boxing Day "madness".The GM said he would be in contact with me within the week if they wanted to move forward with my application. Three days later I got a call back from the Book Keeper at the store, and I got confirmation I got the job and to come in the next day to fill out some HR paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Minimum wage, no commission for entertainment department; other than PSP's and PRP's.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop (Ancaster, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

I originally applied online for a seasonal sales associate position, a week or so later I got a call from a recruiter from the store. She asked if I was available for a phone interview and I said yes. The questions were very standard job interview questions, she asked about my previous experience, and what I would do if I saw an employee stealing. When the interview was done she said to wait a week to hear back from the store. I waited the week and no one called, so I called them and was told the hiring manager would get back to me and she did in the same day. I got a second, in-person interview with the store's general manager. The interview went very quick, mainly because I previously worked for Best Buy so I had been trained already. There were questions about my previous jobs again, my availability, why I wanted to work for Future Shop and so on. He thanked me for the interview and said he'd get back to me in a week after he interviewed other candidates. In a week, I once again did not get a call so I called them, I spoke to the general manager and he said he was about to call me to offer me a position in the cell phone department. The important thing is to be professional and really demonstrate your interpersonal skills in the interviews since you'll need to be really social in this job. And call them if they didn't call you, don't just assume you didn't get the job, sometime the store is just busy and they couldn't find the spare time to get back to you right away.

Product Expert Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Future Shop (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online dealt with hr by email up until interview with GM basic sales interview based on past sales experience and asked to role play sale of a specific item

Product Expert Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Future Shop (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Had one interview. Was with the general manager. Was very casual felt just like a conversation with a few general questions about integrity. Felt like I had the job by the end of it. They called me back the day after to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you steal a product if you had the chance? What would you do if you caught a coworker stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since the majority of pay is commission based.

Product Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then 2nd interview with one of the three managers, then onto a third interview with the remaining managers. Dress code must clean and clear, must dress formal, as a business nature.

Interview Questions

• "How do you market yourself?"   1 Answer