Future Shop

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cellular Product Expert Interview

Secret Town, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Future Shop in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring GM was desperately in need to hire someone who worked and knew well about a particular Cellular Service Provider.

I got my first Interview, second interview, and confirmation of employment on the same day. And the GM already make schedule for me, and introduce me to my department.

Interview Question – Use your own previous work experience, if your resume is legitimate, it's easy to answer to all their questions. They just ask you to give examples of certain situations.   Answer Question

Sales/Customer Service Interview

Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Future Shop in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the customer service position online when I saw it on a job posting site. I filled out the online application and within two weeks I got the call that they were interested in me. The lady who I talked to was very friendly and wanted to go ahead and do a quick phone interview which lasted abour 5-7 minutes. She offered that I should go in for an in-person interview with two managers the following day which I accepted. The two ladies who interviewed me very friendly and comforting. Since most interviews can make a person nervous they did a great job of making me feel comfortable. The in-store interview lasted about 10 minutes and then was told I'd hear back from them in about a weeks time. Overall, the staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable and the atmosphere was not intimidating. Had a great experience. Luckily, within a few hours I had gotten a call saying that my refernes checked out and they offered me a job. I was very happy that I didnt have to wait a whole week to find out.

Interview Question – On the phone she asked me typical questions like my availability, if I saw someone stealing how would I deal with it etc. Some of the questions I wasn't prepared to answer since I wasn't expecting to have a phone interview. She asked me to give her an example of a time I went out my way to make a customer happy which took me a moment to think. She also asked me about good customer service skills.
The in-person interview was similar. I was asked questions about my past experience and what my responsibilities were. I was also asked why I wanted to work for future shop and not somewhere else. She asked me about a time that I had a angry customer and how I dealt with it. She asked me how I would push a sale to add on a warranty and additional products. They did a great job explaining to be what my responsibilites would be if I were to get the job. I had the interview today and was told I would hear from them within a week.
  View Answer

Computer Technician Interview

North Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Future Shop in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for seasonal merchandiser, mentioned I was a computer guy so they asked what I do with a computer with a virus, said virus scan it. Was hired.

Home Theater Product Expert Interview

Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Future Shop in February 2010.

Interview Details – Easy. very open to new talent

Interview Question – Can I get a discount?   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview Details – i got called in my the store manager and he asked if i could come in. i came in and sat in with him and the merch sup. they asked me the usual questions and it was pretty easy going and relaxed environment

Interview Question – the questions were fairly easy and i didnt struggle with any of them   Answer Question

Salesman Interview

Salesman

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Future Shop in November 2013.

Interview Details – I handed in my application and within about a month I received a phone call asking if I could come in for an interview at 12:30 the next day. I arrived 10 minutes early and my interviewer was the late one who came out around 12:45. He brought me into the back room where I guess they do interviews, and proceeded with the questions. During the interview, he kind of hinted to me that I wasn't going to get the job, and I felt kind of offended.

Interview Question – They asked me how I would make friends quickly.   Answer Question

Product Expert Interview

Product Expert

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview Details – Online and in person interview with Store manager

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Future Shop   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Future Shop in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in two rounds. First I met one of the floor managers who later became my manager. He asked me a couple of easy questions like how to deal with angry costumer and what I did in past. Then I met the store manager who was very nice. He also asked similar questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Future Shop in July 2010.

Interview Details – online interview, phone interview, in person interview and sometimes a second interview.

Interview Question – ask about your customer service and sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – set wages

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
St. John's, NL (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Future Shop in April 2012.

Interview Details – pretty easy interview by all means

Interview Question – what did you buy last in our store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not had

Interviews for Top Jobs at Future Shop

Worked for Future Shop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Future Shop interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Future Shop employees and interview candidates.