Future Shop

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in July 2014.

They called me, and did a phone interview, then one on one interview at the store. The questions were very easy. A few days later, I had a final interview with one of their managers, and I got the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop.

Applied online through company website and later received call from them for a f2f interview. It was very simple and straight forward. Got an offer for a full time position there not the seasonal guys.

Sales/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in April 2014.

I applied for the customer service position online when I saw it on a job posting site. I filled out the online application and within two weeks I got the call that they were interested in me. The lady who I talked to was very friendly and wanted to go ahead and do a quick phone interview which lasted abour 5-7 minutes. She offered that I should go in for an in-person interview with two managers the following day which I accepted. The two ladies who interviewed me very friendly and comforting. Since most interviews can make a person nervous they did a great job of making me feel comfortable. The in-store interview lasted about 10 minutes and then was told I'd hear back from them in about a weeks time. Overall, the staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable and the atmosphere was not intimidating. Had a great experience. Luckily, within a few hours I had gotten a call saying that my refernes checked out and they offered me a job. I was very happy that I didnt have to wait a whole week to find out.

Interview Questions
    • On the phone she asked me typical questions like my availability, if I saw someone stealing how would I deal with it etc. Some of the questions I wasn't prepared to answer since I wasn't expecting to have a phone interview. She asked me to give her an example of a time I went out my way to make a customer happy which took me a moment to think. She also asked me about good customer service skills.
      The in-person interview was similar. I was asked questions about my past experience and what my responsibilities were. I was also asked why I wanted to work for future shop and not somewhere else. She asked me about a time that I had a angry customer and how I dealt with it. She asked me how I would push a sale to add on a warranty and additional products. They did a great job explaining to be what my responsibilites would be if I were to get the job. I had the interview today and was told I would hear from them within a week.

View Answer

Multichannel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Applied online with cover letter and resume, along with employee referral. Got called one week later, 5 minute phone interview, met in store with manager for 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is one mistake you've made in your life and what have you learnt from it?
      2. When have you gone out of your way to help a customer?

View Answer
    No negotiation.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Future Shop.

i got called in my the store manager and he asked if i could come in. i came in and sat in with him and the merch sup. they asked me the usual questions and it was pretty easy going and relaxed environment

Interview Questions
    • the questions were fairly easy and i didnt struggle with any of them   Answer Question

Product Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Future Shop.

Online and in person interview with Store manager

N/A

Product Expert Interview

Very Simple strait forward process. Be confident and sell yourself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Future Shop.

Applied online > 5 min phone interview 3 days later> interview with store manager and his checklist the day after > hired!

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time when a customer was not happy with your service?
      Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, how did they react?

Answer Question

Salesman Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Future Shop in November 2013.

I handed in my application and within about a month I received a phone call asking if I could come in for an interview at 12:30 the next day. I arrived 10 minutes early and my interviewer was the late one who came out around 12:45. He brought me into the back room where I guess they do interviews, and proceeded with the questions. During the interview, he kind of hinted to me that I wasn't going to get the job, and I felt kind of offended.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Future Shop.

Really easy. Questions like, tell us about yourself, what quality makes us want to hire you....

Interview Questions
    • none but the general manager that did the interview seem to lack any depth or personality. He was not as professional as should be since searching for a quality new staff is a very important process to the success of any business.   Answer Question