Future Shop

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Future Shop in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in two rounds. First I met one of the floor managers who later became my manager. He asked me a couple of easy questions like how to deal with angry costumer and what I did in past. Then I met the store manager who was very nice. He also asked similar questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

St. John's, NL (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Future Shop in April 2012.

Interview Details – pretty easy interview by all means

Interview Question – what did you buy last in our store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not had

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Future Shop in July 2012.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview, then the first interview with a manager and then the second interview with the store manager

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to overcome an obstacle   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview Details – Really easy. Questions like, tell us about yourself, what quality makes us want to hire you....

Interview Question – none but the general manager that did the interview seem to lack any depth or personality. He was not as professional as should be since searching for a quality new staff is a very important process to the success of any business.   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview Details – 2 interviews one with the sales manager of the store other with the Store manager

Interview Question – what will you do if your coworker steal something form the store?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview Details – Only had two interviews, phone then in person. All general questions like, why you want to work here, give me a example where you provided good customer service.

Interview Question – what if someone questioned your integrity   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview with basic questions (current job/why you want out/why you want to work at Future Shop) followed by an in-store. Only question asked was to give an example of somewhere you've made a mistake, what you did to fix it, and what you learned. Interview starts with "tell me about yourself" and during they want to know how you would upsell a customer.

Interview Question – How would you upsell an iPod?   View Answer

Ancaster, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Future Shop in November 2012.

Interview Details – I originally applied online for a seasonal sales associate position, a week or so later I got a call from a recruiter from the store. She asked if I was available for a phone interview and I said yes. The questions were very standard job interview questions, she asked about my previous experience, and what I would do if I saw an employee stealing. When the interview was done she said to wait a week to hear back from the store. I waited the week and no one called, so I called them and was told the hiring manager would get back to me and she did in the same day. I got a second, in-person interview with the store's general manager. The interview went very quick, mainly because I previously worked for Best Buy so I had been trained already. There were questions about my previous jobs again, my availability, why I wanted to work for Future Shop and so on. He thanked me for the interview and said he'd get back to me in a week after he interviewed other candidates. In a week, I once again did not get a call so I called them, I spoke to the general manager and he said he was about to call me to offer me a position in the cell phone department. The important thing is to be professional and really demonstrate your interpersonal skills in the interviews since you'll need to be really social in this job. And call them if they didn't call you, don't just assume you didn't get the job, sometime the store is just busy and they couldn't find the spare time to get back to you right away.

Interview Question – Importance of honesty and integrity in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview Details – I applied online.. took around half an hour.
I get a call scheduling me for a phone interview, they called the next day 15 minutes earlier than expected but that's okay..
Asked me the basic questions you know, have you ever been convicted, what if a coworker stole from the store, what is professionalism to you, how much are you expecting to get paid, what is your availability, describe a situation where you had a difficult customer all that good stuff.
Then I get a call for the face to face interview, I was so nervous I really wanted the job.
The manager kept me waiting a good 20 minutes. He said he really liked me, what position do I want to be placed, will I ever steal from this store? No? That was it.

Interview Question – Define integrity in the work force.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Future Shop in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple and casual. Walked in the store, asked for the interview and was told that the store manager and branch manager would be here shortly. I was wearing a smart casual attire (the two other candidates were wearing jeans, t-shirt, flip flops).

The interview itself was very simple, why Future Shop? What made you apply for us? Then a quick glance at my resume, asked about the languages I could speak and about my hobbies. They then proceeded to a very simple simulation of interacting with a client.

They were very friendly and casual, which made the whole process enjoyable.

Interview Question – None, the questions were very basic and straight forward, all the questions you would expect in an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a sales associate, the only thing you can negotiate at the beginning is the department you would like to be in (which is usually determined by your interview, experience and knowledge). Most begin in the entertainment department and make their way up to computers or home entertainment, which is where the full time good salesmen usually end up.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Future Shop

Worked for Future Shop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Future Shop Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Future Shop employees and interview candidates.