Future Shop Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Future Shop.

Very easy and relaxed. The GM basically wanted to know if I could work over the Christmas holidays and on boxing day. The hiring process and paper work is very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • Can you work over the Christmas holidays?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Future Shop

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Future Shop.

Future Shop hires through their online application process. You can walk into the store to hand in a resume if you want, however most stores simply throw these in the shredder and inform you it would be best to apply online. Many of the initial first steps in the hiring process do not involve staff at the store level, but instead at the corporate level. This means the store managers have more time to focus on the store while the people who are tasked with hiring focus on the first round of elimination through the resume pile.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are very basic. They were so bland I don't even remember the hiring process. If you've had a sales job in the past you'll know how to answer questions about customer service and job related questions. Express that you are there to create customers for a life and a positive buying experience - they love to hear that. You'll never actually do that with this employer, but they want to hear you say you will all the same.   Answer Question
    Based on my previous experience I negotiated a wage that was fair, however most of my income was commission based. If you don't sell enough you end up making base wage and if you do this consistently I wouldn't expect to be around for very long.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in July 2014.

They called me, and did a phone interview, then one on one interview at the store. The questions were very easy. A few days later, I had a final interview with one of their managers, and I got the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop.

Applied online through company website and later received call from them for a f2f interview. It was very simple and straight forward. Got an offer for a full time position there not the seasonal guys.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Future Shop.

Really easy. Questions like, tell us about yourself, what quality makes us want to hire you....

Interview Questions
    • none but the general manager that did the interview seem to lack any depth or personality. He was not as professional as should be since searching for a quality new staff is a very important process to the success of any business.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Future Shop.

2 interviews one with the sales manager of the store other with the Store manager

Interview Questions
    • what will you do if your coworker steal something form the store?   View Answers (2)

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Future Shop.

Only had two interviews, phone then in person. All general questions like, why you want to work here, give me a example where you provided good customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Future Shop.

Quick phone interview with basic questions (current job/why you want out/why you want to work at Future Shop) followed by an in-store. Only question asked was to give an example of somewhere you've made a mistake, what you did to fix it, and what you learned. Interview starts with "tell me about yourself" and during they want to know how you would upsell a customer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Future Shop.

I applied online.. took around half an hour.
    I get a call scheduling me for a phone interview, they called the next day 15 minutes earlier than expected but that's okay..
    Asked me the basic questions you know, have you ever been convicted, what if a coworker stole from the store, what is professionalism to you, how much are you expecting to get paid, what is your availability, describe a situation where you had a difficult customer all that good stuff.
    Then I get a call for the face to face interview, I was so nervous I really wanted the job.
    The manager kept me waiting a good 20 minutes. He said he really liked me, what position do I want to be placed, will I ever steal from this store? No? That was it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Future Shop in November 2012.

I originally applied online for a seasonal sales associate position, a week or so later I got a call from a recruiter from the store. She asked if I was available for a phone interview and I said yes. The questions were very standard job interview questions, she asked about my previous experience, and what I would do if I saw an employee stealing. When the interview was done she said to wait a week to hear back from the store. I waited the week and no one called, so I called them and was told the hiring manager would get back to me and she did in the same day. I got a second, in-person interview with the store's general manager. The interview went very quick, mainly because I previously worked for Best Buy so I had been trained already. There were questions about my previous jobs again, my availability, why I wanted to work for Future Shop and so on. He thanked me for the interview and said he'd get back to me in a week after he interviewed other candidates. In a week, I once again did not get a call so I called them, I spoke to the general manager and he said he was about to call me to offer me a position in the cell phone department. The important thing is to be professional and really demonstrate your interpersonal skills in the interviews since you'll need to be really social in this job. And call them if they didn't call you, don't just assume you didn't get the job, sometime the store is just busy and they couldn't find the spare time to get back to you right away.